PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trivia

WR1
18-10-2004, 11:50
Walt Disney World has some 30 million visitor a year. The busiest day is usually Tuesday, with friday and sunday the quietest. The 43-sq-mile (111km2) area cost Walt Disney a mere US$6 million. It was the first theme park in the Orlando area and opened in 1971. The park employs more than 500 gardeners to mow 1500 acres of lawn and tend more than a million shrubs and trees while planting 2 million annuals. It is also the state's single biggest employer (some 35,000 workers) and tax payer ($23 million per annum).[msnsmile2]

WR

CarolAnn
18-10-2004, 12:58
We have a book with those kind of details in too WR:) Some of the facts are amazing:)You post has made me think I must go and dig it out![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
18-10-2004, 21:00
And WD still has so much unused land left to develop too. [msnsmile2]

Nostromo
18-10-2004, 23:50
One thing that I noticed this time about Orlando is certainly anything but trivial. Majority of the souvenirs and other goods in any shop within or outside the parks (WDW, Universal, Sea World, you name it) are MADE IN CHINA. This also goes for a significant number of products in the shopping malls, particularly footwear, clother, luggage items etc. If you lot look at the labels on the stuff you purchased in Orlando, you will be amazed to discover how much of it is made in China. No wonder their GNP is now £3 TRILLION! (qv The Times)

Magical Dreams
19-10-2004, 00:33
Thats a lot of "0"s

How much more can they produce??

[drinkbeer][drinkpepsi]