PDA

View Full Version : Big Macks First Trip Part Ten

Big Mack
18-10-2004, 03:04
Wednesday September 22nd

Well according to my fabulous itinerary today was supposed to be MGM day. However due to my not so fabulous family being absolutely jiggered we opted for an extra hour in bed and made this Blizzard Beach day instead!! My FIL was not feeling too great today and so the two outlaws opted to stay at the villa and relax while us “young ones!!” went and enjoyed ourselves.[msnsmile2]

We were up late but managed to get organised very quickly and much to all of our surprise we were standing at the entrance to BB at 09:45, pretty good eh!! Even at this early hour the sun would have burnt a hole in you, so we all took this opportunity to slap on the factor duffle coat to protect our pale sun starved Scottish skin! The gates opened promptly at ten and we made our way into the park.

Initially we set up camp at Tikes peak thinking that it would be a good place to chill while the kids could still play, however that plan was short lived when my son came back from the slide saying that the lifeguard turned him away because he was too tall.
We shrugged it off and headed for Teamboat Springs which looked like a great ride to start off with. On the way there we discovered the Ski Patrol Training Camp which is for older kids. We found a great deck area which was still deserted and so while I stood guard trying to look all manly [gun]the girls dashed back to Tikes Peak to grab our towels. Minutes later we had re-established camp and my sister in law had bought one of the sports mugs that you can refill all day for nothing, brilliant.

The climb up the stairs to Teamboat Springs is not for the faint hearted (or the fat bellied!!) but the view across central Florida from the top is certainly worth it. While we were up there everyone was looking at Summit Plummet with dread in their eyes, “Ah! No bother.” I proclaimed trying to sound confident. While my inner voice was screaming “NOOOOOO WAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!” [msneek]

We did Teamboat Springs a couple of times and then went over to watch those braver than me come down “The Summit!” The sight of people coming off with their swimsuits jammed up their backsides and holding their bright red buttocks confirmed my inner voice’s worst fears. No way did I have the bottle for that!! Still I was not going to admit it to everyone else now was I.

My son and I decided to do Slush Gusher which is the second scariest ride in the park. My son amazed us all by going down it without a second thought. (Kind of put me to shame really). Then it was my turn. I swear that on the second dip I became airborne and for a couple of seconds their was nothing between me and the slide but a few inches of air. This is great fun but when your eyes are closed because of the water getting in them you do feel as if you have taken off into the clear blue sky.

Throughout the rest of the day we did all of the other rides (Except you know what!!) and in between times we would chill on our deck while the kids tackled the icebergs in the Ski Patrol Training Camp. We grabbed some burgers for lunch and filled the mug for the umpteenth time and then we did them all again. My personal favourite was the Toboggan Racers, when my 15 stone got going nobody could catch me!

Before we knew, it was 6 o’clock and time to head home. We all really loved Blizzard Beach, even though I never did get the bottle to do the big one, and we rated it a little better than Typhoon Lagoon because of the loads of hard standing and shady areas and of course the wild rides.

Once back at the villa we got changed and headed for the Longhorn Steakhouse on the 192. I had a lovely New York strip steak and a couple of 20 ounce glasses of Bud [drinkbeer](mmmm!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it). The Longhorn did the best steak I tasted all holiday apart from Charley’s which was never beaten. With yet more full belly’s we headed home for some more beer and an earlyish night. Tomorrow was MGM day and we could not wait to see the famous Fantasmic.

Thursday September 23rd

We were up with the larks this morning and eage

andrewmckay5
18-10-2004, 03:15
Excellent as always Big Mack.
Big thumbs up from us aswell for Fantasmic.
andrew

kaysvacationvilla
18-10-2004, 04:04
I will have to put Fantasmic on my list for next time. Don't keep us in any more suspence!!!

Elaine62
18-10-2004, 04:34
Hi Mack

I realised you were Scottish before I looked at your handle, who else would be talking about "duffle coats", "patter" and "stoating" but a fellow Scot. Glad you have had such fab time and can't wait to hear the rest!, nor can I wait to go next year!

Elaine

Nostromo
18-10-2004, 10:44
Another excellent report. You're absolutely right is feeling that you were momentarily airborne on 'Slush Gusher'; happened to me as well! Funnily enough, it does not happen on Summit Plummet.

Like you and everyone else, I agree that 'Fantasmic' is a 3-thumbs-up show.

LiesaAnna
18-10-2004, 11:22
Thankyou once again Big Mack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as ever a brilliant report!!!!!!!!!!

we are gonna so enjoy this i know it!!!!!!!!!

bring on the next part..................

[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
18-10-2004, 18:57
Brilliant, brilliant brilliant!!!
I agree Big Mack, Fantasmic is "the show".
Can't wait to hear your slant on Jeanne[msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
18-10-2004, 20:31
Will have to go and see Fantasmic after such a brilliant write up Mack, great report.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
18-10-2004, 21:45
Not seen it Ray&Sarah[:O][:O]I Don't belieeeeeeve It!!!
Great report Big Mack[msnwink]

Madabouttigger
18-10-2004, 23:04
While we waited to see Fantasmic the kids next to us started off a mexican wave, in a matter of moments the whole stadium had joined in, it was a fantastic show and yes I did shed a tear at the end. If you have never seen it, make it a "Must do" on the next trip.[clap]