PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines

fiona
14-10-2002, 00:20
From 15th October Delta Air Lines will be charging a fee for alcoholic beverages served in the economy cabin on international flights.

The airline says it is being forced to charge for drinks by the downturn in passengers.

'The unprecedented financial pressures facing the airline industry has made it necessary to make many changes which will allow Delta to better manage its costs during this difficult period,' said Tim Mapes, director, Product and Services for Delta. 'We will focus on providing the services that our customers value most including safety, security and reliability.'

Delta will charge US$4 (£2.50) for alcohol, including beer, wine and spirits on its international flights.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2002, 00:41
Oh no - not another one :(. That's US Airways and now Delta.

How much does the average traveller drink alcohol wise - my guess would be perhaps a G&T before the meal and then a glass of wine with the meal - hardly going to break the bank methinks!

fiona
14-10-2002, 00:46
I agree John, that's about what we would have drunk! Isn't is sad how bad things are in the airline industry that $10 makes such a big difference in a family of 4 flying out.

Mind you if I am going to be paying for it maybe they'll now give us a full tin of coke/mixer and perhaps (shock horror) some decent wine. Otherwise mineral water here we come!

Lakul
14-10-2002, 00:50
My hubby thinks that alcohol should not be served on planes. When it's free, sadly some people just get carried away and don't know when to stop.

But I like a glass of wine with my dinner.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2002, 01:12
:) I'd agree there Fiona!

Perhaps a decent choice of wine and wine that is actually chilled rather than lukewarm.

caroline
14-10-2002, 02:12
You're going to have to try harder for those upgrades John;)