PDA

View Full Version : My Holidays - continued...

julieanne
17-10-2004, 17:09
Well folks here’s the next part – you’ll be pleased to know the daily reports now get shorter – not quite as much to say now Jeanne has passed…..

Tuesday 28th September

Were woken early by a phone call from our friend (the villa owner) concerned for our safety. Told him that on our arrival we found he had faired better than his neighbours but sadly now he was in pretty much the same situation. His concern was for us and once satisfied that we were all ok he said he would contact his MC and ask them to call and check where the water under the floor was coming from.

Couldn’t miss a breakfast but after a trip to IHOP we returned to the villa. Swept up outside as best we could to enable us to put the loungers around the pool. Despite the lack of screen and fence I was getting desperate to catch a few rays as the sun was beating down. Sadly there was no way the pool itself could be used. Content to finally be in the sun we just chilled for a few hours. [8D]

As promised someone did arrive to assess the damage – but as we’d expected we would be well down the list as there were people who were in a much worse state than ourselves. However we were told someone would come to clean and dry the carpet within 24 hours but up to us leaving no-one did. Fortunately it was nothing worse than water and did dry out a little each day. No-one came to the pool either which meant we couldn’t use it at all during our stay. But hey we were a lot better off than lots of other people and nothing would spoil our hols.

Mid afternoon we went off the Disney Village for a hot fudge sundae from Ghiradellis.

Walked along to Circque de Soliel to get a bit of exercise and make sure we had an appetite for dinner.

Home for a shower and change of clothes. Couldn’t wait to get to Tony Roma’s for some baby-backs!

Wednesday 29th September

Breakfast at Perkins this morning and then another lazy few hours in the sun.

Headed back to Millenia as I needed to exchange something I’d bought. Intended to eat at the Chinese but the lure of the Cheesecake Factory was just too great. Another great meal I really do agree with all the rave reviews on this place. [^]

Thursday 30th September

Yes you’ve guessed it – breakfast out again!!! Back to IHOP.

Returned to Premium Outlets to spend some more dollars. Then another chill by the pool.

As we were to leave Kissimmee in the morning headed to Florida Mall just to make sure we weren’t missing out on anything there.

Went to Ming Court for dinner. Love their food but every time we go they spoil it by insisting on telling us how much tip they think we should leave. I hate that [msnmad]

While we were packing ready for the move to the Gulf Coast I watched part of the first Bush/Kerry debate. Am I sad or what??

Friday 1st October

Breakfast – well it had to be one last IHOP (don’t see them in Sarasota).

Another first, about my 15th trip to Florida and I’ve not been to Celebration before. I loved it!

Saw quite a crowd around the lake taking pics – went over to see what was going on. They were all snapping a baby alligator (snapping – get it??)

Wish we’d come here before..

Drove to Sarasota – stopping at Ellenton (Prime Outlets) on the way. Yes – I do love my shopping.

Had to go through the chore of unpacking again. Didn’t mind too much as it had started to rain.

Off for more food shopping – then for a meal at Red Lobster, one of my favourites.

Saturday 2nd October

Breakfast at home before spending most of the day by the pool. A beautiful sunny day…. Great to be able to jump in the pool this week….

Mid- afternoon, after a shower, drove over to St. Armands. Love the drive as much as the place. Although since the bridge was improved and widened you don’t get such a good view of the water. We usually stop in the parking area for a good look over the bay – a lovely view.

Enjoyed browsing the stores – chatting to a few old friends, who we see every trip.

Chinese for dinner – then back home to sit on the lanai and enjoy a beer or two……[drinkbeer]

Sunday 3rd October

Sam

Nostromo
17-10-2004, 17:36
Nice report Julie. With all that sunning though, you must be well past 'medium rare' getting to the 'well done' stage by now? [msnsmile2][msnwink]

LiesaAnna
17-10-2004, 20:02
Thanks Julie,
thats a shame about the pool, glad you got your sunbathing in tho!!
and very glad you got your "shopping" done!!!!!![msnwink]

brizzle
17-10-2004, 21:41
That's the Cheescake Factory added to my growing list of food places.
Tony Roma's is already on my list :)
Sounds like you had a good time despite the water.

Big Mack
21-10-2004, 00:10
Hi Julie

Wow!!! I am very impressed at how well you took not being able to use the pool. I think we were very lucky after having read your report.

I never managed to get to an IHOP during our stay but i am defo going to try it next year now.

Reading your Friday October 1st report was soooo wierd. We all went to Celebration on the Wednesday before you and also loved it. I have video of a baby alligator from the lake, who knows...it may be the same one.

We took a walk around the lake and saw a sign that really made me laugh. "It is against Florida state law to feed or harrass aligators!!!!" it said...like what nutter would try and harass an aligator