PDA

View Full Version : weather in Florida now?

E. Cosgrove
17-10-2004, 15:35
Off to Florida on Friday I have been watching the weather with interest and the temperatures look pretty good[msnsmile2]
Just a thought though, I can see the times of sunrise and sunset on the charts but in reality how long are the days? ( don't say 24hours!!) What I really mean is at what time of day is it no longer feasible to sit out in the sun [msncool] As you might guess as well as being a shopoholic I am also a sunworshipper (very unhealthy I know[msnsad]}

pieman790
17-10-2004, 16:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Off to Florida on Friday I have been watching the weather with interest and the temperatures look pretty good[msnsmile2]
Just a thought though, I can see the times of sunrise and sunset on the charts but in reality how long are the days? ( don't say 24hours!!) What I really mean is at what time of day is it no longer feasible to sit out in the sun [msncool] As you might guess as well as being a shopoholic I am also a sunworshipper (very unhealthy I know[msnsad]}
[/quote]
we have been in November before and it cool on a evening and into low 80s through the day. Of course the weather can change but looking at the 5 day forecast it got to be mid 80's through the day and low 60s during the night. We are there next weekend and hope that the weather hold out for us. We were there in May/June this year and in 16 days saw no rain with temps in the 90's

Ray&Sarah
17-10-2004, 16:15
Lets hope the weather holds out for us then Liz. Can't wait to be in the Florida sunshine now.[msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
17-10-2004, 16:17
You both make me so jealous!!

We went at the end of October last year and the weather was fab!

Never had to wear any warm clothes, even on an evening.

Still warm enough to wear your shorts etc.

Have a fabulous time guys!
[grouphug]

Matt
17-10-2004, 16:46
I'm flying out Xmas day for 2wks and worried about what the weather is going to be like. The earliest time of year i've been before is February which was nice. Chilly at night and early/mid morning, and also November which was really nice. Not too hot and still short/t-shirt weather in the evening.

There's a big group of us going for Xmas and me, like a fool, said 'yeah its gonna be roasting[:I][:I] We were talking about it last night and I mentioned taking fleeces, you should have seen the looks on their faces[msnscared]

Matt

shenon
17-10-2004, 16:49
a friend of ours returned on friday and tells us the weather was wonderfull and very hot:D

Magical Dreams
17-10-2004, 17:18
Lets face it, the weather being so nice is such a bonus for visitors!!

I don't mind what the weather is like when we are there.

The holiday mood is always upbeat!!

[clap][clap][clap][clap]

E. Cosgrove
17-10-2004, 17:54
It wouldn't spoil it for me if it rains, but the sunshine is definitely a bonus...plus I need to know what to pack[msnwink]

Magical Dreams
17-10-2004, 17:57
Film for your camera, tape for you Camcorder and plenty of cash for the Presents.

Apart from that!! NOTHING!!

[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Nostromo
17-10-2004, 17:59
It wouldn't spoil it for me if it rains, but the sunshine is definitely a bonus...plus I need to know what to pack[msnwink]
[/quote]

Very little if it is really going to be all that Sunny [msnwink][msnwink]. Don't worry Liz, I doubt if any of your patients are going to turn up in Orlando and so you can really let your hair down and enjoy yourself.

Robert5988
17-10-2004, 18:15
The seasons first Cold Front pased over Central Florida 2 days ago and marked the change from the humid tropical conditions to dryer weather. Last night the temperature dropped to 50F overnight.

However for the week ahead it is forcast to be perfect Florida weather - Almost cloudless days, daytime temperatures in the mid-80's with low humidity and night temperatures cool in the low 60's.

As for Xmas weather. Well it is normally in the 70's by day but it can get pretty cold on occasions. There was a thread on this some time ago. Temperatures can drop to the 40's sometimes when the Cold Front dips down to cover Orlando and, although very unusual, it is not unknown for there to be a frost.

jeffc
17-10-2004, 18:32
its now sun morning temp 60 and rising forecast 80 ... sunny not a cloud in the sky ...

the temp last night got down to 53...

the forecast for the next week is much the same possible light showers mon / tues 20% chance..

E. Cosgrove
17-10-2004, 19:27
But getting back to my original question[msnwink]
When does the sun go down, how soon does it get dark?

Nostromo
17-10-2004, 19:43
[/quote]

But that's TWO questions! Surely everyone knows that it doesn't necessarily get DARK in Orlando when the sun goes down? That's when life starts for some!:D:D

E. Cosgrove
17-10-2004, 20:13
OK then....when do I stop feeling the sun's rays on my back[msncool]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

But that's TWO questions! Surely everyone knows that it doesn't necessarily get DARK in Orlando when the sun goes down? That's when life starts for some!:D:D
[/quote]

jeffc
17-10-2004, 20:25
the sun is out by 8.00 approx and starts to set around 6.00 at night

E. Cosgrove
17-10-2004, 20:55
Straight and to the point:D
Thanks Jeff[8D]

CarolAnn
17-10-2004, 21:08
Hi Liz!
We used to regularly go the last 2 weeks of October, and to answer your question, I would say the strength in the sun is gone by 5pm most days( so t-shirts & shorts still, but not always Bikinis)Generally found it was nearer 10am for real warmth in the mornings! Clocks change too don't forget! For example, getting wet on a water ride, ideally you need that to be no later than 3pmish for drying off!! The Disney cast members will be wearing their gloves/coats etc when going in the parks, but as we always used to say' It IS their winter'LOL. Some evenings could be chilly(not cold though) and I can honestly say I have never experienced any rain at that time of year!!! I think out of the 11 or so times we have been, 9 were this time of year! Fab!!Worst bit...it IS the cold when you get back!!! [msncry]
Now. Can you lot stop showing off!! Coz I want to go now!!! [laugh][laugh]
Have a great time[clap][clap]

lisi
20-10-2004, 00:06
Well I have just arrived back from the Port Charlotte area on the Gulf Coast. I used to get up and sit on the patio at 7.15 ish - it was pitch dark until about 6.45 - and watch the sun come up over the jungle. The temperature each day was in the mid 80's with no humidity but the sun went down each night about 6.30 to 7 pm. We sat at Mad Sam's restaurant one night hoping to see the dolphins but it got too dark. Only one day was miserable when tropical storm Matthew passed over and it just pelted down the whole day. We were shopping at one of the Prime Outlets but when I get home in the evening put on my track suit and socks! Otherwise it was shorts and tee shirts the whole time.

Have fun
Lisi

E. Cosgrove
20-10-2004, 00:19
Me in a bikini Carol! LOL[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
Just wait until you see me on the 7th, you'll be horrified at the thought[msnoo]....It'll put you off your lunch[laugh][laugh][laugh]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Hi Liz!
We used to regularly go the last 2 weeks of October, and to answer your question, I would say the strength in the sun is gone by 5pm most days( so t-shirts & shorts still, but not always Bikinis)Generally found it was nearer 10am for real warmth in the mornings! Clocks change too don't forget! For example, getting wet on a water ride, ideally you need that to be no later than 3pmish for drying off!! The Disney cast members will be wearing their gloves/coats etc when going in the parks, but as we always used to say' It IS their winter'LOL. Some evenings could be chilly(not cold though) and I can honestly say I have never experienced any rain at that time of year!!! I think out of the 11 or so times we have been, 9 were this time of year! Fab!!Worst bit...it IS the cold when you get back!!! [msncry]
Now. Can you lot stop showing off!! Coz I want to go now!!! [laugh][laugh]
Have a great time[clap][clap]
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
20-10-2004, 04:44
The weather will be lovely and pleasant during the day! Take a cardi for night just incase the aircon is on!!!

MTP
20-10-2004, 05:32
We have visited Florida each year in January, either early or later Jan, into early Feb. I love the fact that I am dressed for holidays (shorts/T-Shirts) and so many of the locals are in scarves, mitts and hats! Mrs MTP does tend to feel the cold more and will have a few more layers with long-sleeved T-shirts/light jumpers and long trousers at that time of year. I do remember two years ago that it was making the news on Bay9 that there was a frost one morning, so drivers had to be aware. Considering some of the snow/black ice we get up here I just thought it was kind of cute!

I think the best advise would be to pack for layers, but not perhaps as heavy layers as in the UK. The other thing (although not as bad in Orlando as Vegas) is the air-conditioning, it can make it feel cold indoors.

parrot 2
20-10-2004, 13:32
Think this is what im gonna have to do. We are going for xmas and new year and been having nightmares about what to take but guess will have to be a little mixture of everything :)

george
20-10-2004, 14:15
We have been at Christmas 3 times now - the first time was in 1990 and it was BAKING HOT during the day - we took a picture of a temperature sign and it was 94 f. So when we went 4 years ago we thought it was going to be the same. It was FREEZING it started off in the 60s for the first day and by the end of the holiday it was
45 f and people were covering up their shrubs. We went again the next year it was horrible in Orlando not really cold but drizzle all day on Christmas Day we went down to the keys on Boxing Day and it was lovely mid - upper 70s. Going again this year hoping it's going to be as 1990 !!!!!

Pamela

jeff
20-10-2004, 14:59
myself, my wife, my 3 sons 20,18 and 14, a fiance and a girlfriend are all going out on the 4th December to our home for the first time since it was built. Words cant explain how excited we are, so to have beautiful Florida sunshine as well will definately complete the dream.

Cruella DeVilla
20-10-2004, 15:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jeff
myself, my wife, my 3 sons 20,18 and 14, a fiance and a girlfriend are all going out on the 4th December to our home for the first time since it was built. Words cant explain how excited we are, so to have beautiful Florida sunshine as well will definately complete the dream.
[/quote]

Same for us Jeff especially when we try the pool for the first time!!!

Lynne S
20-10-2004, 15:32
Hope we get some of that Florida sun to [msncool]

We go in Dec to close on our villa.[msncool][msncool][msncool]

LiesaAnna
20-10-2004, 15:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jadehouse
Hope we get some of that Florida sun to [msncool]

We go in Dec to close on our villa.[msncool][msncool][msncool]
[/quote]

well i havent got a villa .............YET, but i might have if i win the lottery tonite, better go and buy a ticket!!!!!

but as we're going the same time we want some sun to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne S
20-10-2004, 16:16
Hey, Hattie......... your not standing near me, I won't get a tan[msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool]

I will put an order in for the sun to shine on the day's when you come over to visit us.[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
20-10-2004, 16:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jadehouse
Hey, Hattie......... your not standing near me, I won't get a tan[msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool]

I will put an order in for the sun to shine on the day's when you come over to visit us.[msnwink]
[/quote]

thankyou so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff
20-10-2004, 17:30
If anyone is closing on Hampton lakes although we closed back in March this is our first visit as a family maybe we could meet up

Lynne S
20-10-2004, 20:23
Sorry Jeff, we are closing on Terra Verde. But we may be staying in one of our friend's villas on the 27, on Hampton Lakes or Westridge for the first few day's in Dec. Untill all our stuff is sorted with our villa. So may see you around.

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnwink][msnsmile2]

TINAPETERS
23-10-2004, 16:31
My dad was watching the golf on the TV last night coming from Disney's Magnolia course and the weather looked great.

linda allen
23-10-2004, 18:17
We are off in November can't wait.I look on http://www.weather.com/
It gives a 10 day forcast:)
Linda

E. Cosgrove
01-11-2004, 01:28
just back, glorious weather, in the 80's, six drops of rain...ok maybe 7!!!

LiesaAnna
01-11-2004, 01:32
sounds great!!!:D

Genie
01-11-2004, 02:30
It's 84F today !!

CarolAnn
01-11-2004, 13:17
Welcome back Liz:)Any Bikini lines??[laugh][laugh]Hope you had a great time, don't forget the photos!!! I love to see peoples happy snaps:D:)

linda allen
01-11-2004, 16:19
Oh I hope the weather hold out till next week, I need some sun[msncool]

Linda

neilr
01-11-2004, 17:27
Its a little cloudy out today, at the moment athough all the local news channels are indicating 87+ No rain (less than 10% chance. Rain scheduled for Wed, with a cold front coming over for the end of the week. "Turning into November Weather". But we fly back on Saturday any hoo!!

E. Cosgrove
01-11-2004, 20:06
I'm hopeless with IT and can't get any of my photos online as I think they're all too big, I don't think my part built villa would be of great interest to anyone other than the Sandy Ridge folks anyway, though I do have some lovely shots of Celebration[msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Welcome back Liz:)Any Bikini lines??[laugh][laugh]Hope you had a great time, don't forget the photos!!! I love to see peoples happy snaps:D:)
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
01-11-2004, 20:15
Just got back and it has been glorious all week with higher than average temperatures.[msnsmile2]

Nostromo
01-11-2004, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Just got back and it has been glorious all week with higher than average temperatures.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Good. Others (Liz for example) who got back in the last few days have also reported glorious weather. I hope all of you had a marvellous time and are going to put it all on report.