PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Horror Nights-at IOA

orlandobabe
13-10-2002, 08:02
Something strange is happening down there. We went for tickets at the Universal desk-only to be told that all dates were a sell out. Then called in Drapy -Pointe Orlando and got some for the 16th Oct for $32-with residents discount.

Went to Islands today and son and his girlfriend got 2 tickets for the 16th for £21 each!

So am not a happy bunny!

It runs till about Nov 2nd with blackout dates mainly Mon and Tues! The Islands park shuts at 5pm on HHN-which is a bit miserable.

esprit
13-10-2002, 14:22
Just looked on line and the only dates sold out on there are 4th and 5th Oct ( which were the first two nights and are gone anyway). But you have got me worried now. Am now wondering whether to buy on line and pay the full price so as to make sure I get tickets.

esprit
14-10-2002, 13:29
Managed to book my Halloween tickets online and got the Flordia residents discount using the code from a Florida promotional Coca Cola bottle kindly pm-ed me by Ruth. There are some dates which you cannot now book on line ( mostly this week, next is OK as yet) as the only tickets they have left are those are at the ticket outlets such a Spencer Gifts. That is why you could still buy at Dapy, OB. The $21 offer is an upgrade to an exiting pass so I am assuming your son has one, OB, as they may ask to see it on the night??

orlandobabe
20-10-2002, 00:55
I've put my report about it in the trip report thread.

I don't know whether we got the times wrong-but our daughter thought it finished at two-but by midnight we were on our way to Seuss landing-this was only our first trip round the park and by the time we got there all of the ghouls had left and there were none in the entrance either. This I suspect was for one of two reasons
1 all of that 'stuff' had finished by the time we got there just after midnight
2 there never had been any anyway
3 lots of people were trooping out and if they had had all of the ghouls they had had at the beginning-people would not have stayed to shop, eat etc if they were going to be scared to death. So as it's all about money at the end of the day-they might have removed them from the entrance-so they could keep on trading!

Said cynical me!

So if you want lots of ghosts and ghoulies go early!

esprit
28-10-2002, 23:40
It shut at midnight in weekdays and 2 am at weekends.

fiona
30-09-2003, 02:46

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando is one definitely Orlando's, and quite possibly the world’s largest, most terrifying Halloween celebrations. A record number of Haunted Houses and terrifying Ghouls promise to make this year's visit to Universal's 13th anniversary of Halloween Horror Nights the best ever. Halloween Horror Nights are scheduled for Oct. 3,4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 15 to 19, 22 to 26, and 28 to Nov. 1

This year's month long event will once again be held at Islands of Adventure where the park's 100-acres and five themed islands will be transformed into five, separate islands of fear filled with visceral, blood-curdling effects and horror imagery. Haunted house themes will include: the All Nite DrIvE-IN Theatre, where intruders meet The Director in his vault of classic horror films and find themselves prey to the terrors of merciless celluloid slashers and fiends; Psychoscareapy, an asylum where the inmates feast on the feeble, ill at ease and socially inept; Ship of Screams, a permanently moored, aging, cruise liner with a mysterious past and an unnatural present; Fun House of Fear, a dark funhouse that becomes a carnival of terror; Jungle of Doom, a burial ground of lost souls; and Scream House Revisited, where guests discover The Caretaker’s secrets inside a partially burned down Victorian manor with a depraved past. An all-new version of the popular show, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure, also debuts.

Halloween Horror Night's icon character and ambassador of horror, The Director will preside over a new EXTREME Halloween attraction, "InfestStation". The time-honored bedtime phrase, "Don't let the bed bugs bite," will take on new meaning as an important Halloween safety tip. Die-hard Halloween fans will be given an opportunity to get up-close and personal with snakes, rats, roaches and more as the slimy creatures are dumped into a plexiglass container that contains the willing victim's head. It will be Fate, and not the guest who chooses the "box buddies" which will be allowed to crawl around the brave soul's face and hair as the guest is strapped into a torture chair with arms and legs confined. It is The Director who spins a wheel to determine just what critter will be dumped into the box. To partake in this special attraction, guests must be over 18 and willing to pay $5.00 for the experience.

Tickets for Halloween Horror Nights may be purchased at both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks, on the web, or by calling 1-877-284-GORY (1-877-284-4679), through Ticketmaster or at Florida Spencer Gifts locations. Homeowners check for Florida resident discounts.

Gillian-B
30-09-2003, 04:02
Why can't they extend it to the 7th November :(. We missed it last year as well :(:(.

esprit
30-09-2003, 08:12
The only haunted house they have kept from last year seems to be Scream House ( now revisited) and that was the best one actually. The Bill and Ted show was a scream last year and a bit rauchy to boot so lets hope that this years all new show keeps up the same high standard. As to the critters and the head, well yuck. Mind you I did the Fear Factor thing at last years horror niughts that likewise seemed to feature getting up close and personal with some snakes and bugs ( both mercifully fake!) and it actually looked worse than it was!!!
Both Burgerking and Coca Cola are doing money off promotions for Florida residents at the moment.