PDA

View Full Version : Christmas planning

susangrah
17-10-2004, 03:25
I would like some ideas of places to visit that are not disney we will be in orlando from 11-26 december, i have seen posts about the town of celebration and also the ice show at gaylord palms
thanks for any sugestions

parrot 2
18-10-2004, 15:42
im also going at christmas and been researching lots..as well as celebration and the ice show not sure what else really apart from Disney stuff and ob going round all the lovely decorated streets...What are you doing going to do for christmas lunch?? Renaissance sounds lovely, thats where we are all going

CarolAnn
18-10-2004, 16:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by susangrah
I would like some ideas of places to visit that are not disney we will be in orlando from 11-26 december, i have seen posts about the town of celebration and also the ice show at gaylord palms
thanks for any sugestions
[/quote]

Hi Susan!

How about Christmas Day on the beach?? Pack up a picnic and off to the coast? Depends how traditional or NOt you would like it to be[msnwink]

Sleepy Dragon
18-10-2004, 17:01
We went to see the ice show last year at the Gaylord Palms - it was fantastic!!!!

We also had Christmas Day lunch there but that was very disappointing with no christmas atmosphere whatsoever!!

Of course you have to have a walk around your area each evening to see the wonderful light displays on the homes there.

Just trying to think what else we did....shopping, shopping, shopping - oh and we did the Cirque de Soleil which is a must if you haven't already seen it.

Julie

susangrah
18-10-2004, 22:09
We have booked to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove on Christmas Day, so cant wait for that.

caseyd
23-10-2004, 19:56
We are going to Discover Cove on Christmas Eve, wanted to do Christmas day but it was booked. LEt's hope it is not too cold. I will be putting the tickets in the kids (age 11 and 13) Christmas stocking and have them open them night of the 23rd.
Anyone else on here going on Christmas Eve?