PDA

View Full Version : Off to buy a house part 3

rosie
17-10-2004, 02:02
Saturday Oct 2nd

Decided to treat ourselves to another park today. Universal and Islands of Adventure to check out the new Mummy ride and re-visit an old fav, The Hulk.

Since the biggest crowd seemed to be heading into Universal we opted for IoA first. Straight onto The Hulk with hardly any queuing. I wanted to queue again straight away for the back seats but Al thought he'd better let the breakfast go down first.

My next suggestion was also turned down, Dr Dooms Fearfall, so we finally agreed on Dudley Do Rights Falls as it was pretty warm and a soaking would be refreshing. I learnt a long time ago to always carry a plastic ziploc bag with me to put camera and wallet into BEFORE you get on the ride!!! I got the front seat in the boat to make sure I got thoroughly drenched and my wish was granted.....lovely.

After a couple of hours we walked over to Universal and made our way to what we thought would be a huge queue for the Mummy. To our surprise and delight the sign at the entrance said only a 10 minute wait so we jumped into line. Just as we got to the head of the queue a message came over the PA saying there would be a 45 minute delay as they were having some problems. Decided it would be better to come back later and walked outside just in time to catch the start of the Blues Brothers show.

This is my fav show of any of the parks so I make my way to the front and join in the singing and dancing, while Al skulks at the back pretending he isn't with me. I get my picture taken with Jake and Elwood yet again (I haven't missed doing this once since 1990)

We hang around till they have gone and just as we walk back round the corner to the Mummy, they re-open the ride Woohoo, we are in business. We make a dash to stuff the bag in a locker and manage to get to the front of the queue again, right where we left.

I loved this ride, but it was way too short, it seemed to be over much too quickly. I won't give any details for those who haven't tried it, but I definitely recommend it.

It was approaching closing time in the park as they were hosting the Halloween Horror Nights that night, so we made our way out to City Walk to have a leisurely meal and a wander. We seem unable to walk past the Fossil shop without taking a look but for the first time ever I think we resisted buying anything. I always try and get to the one at the Factory Outlet Stores on the 535 first to see if they have any bargains.

Got home in time for an evening swim and a fairly early night as we had a big shopping day planned for tomorrow.....

Sunday Oct 3rd

We went off to Wal-Mart to buy all the TV's and electrical goodies for the house. We had seen a really good large TV in there also, but since Wal-Mart doesn’t deliver and we couldn't find anyone to do it for us we had to fore-go that particular bargain. So we went back out to the car to load up 4 TV's, a home cinema system and a PC, along with cables, clock radio's, hair dryers and anything else I could cram into the trolley. This little exercise took 3 grown men 30 minutes of re-arranging to manage. Just as well we had taken the option of a larger car.

Back to the house to drop it all off then back up OBT to Circuit City to get a big TV for the family room (they deliver). That done Al thought since we were there he might as well stick his head round the door of Comp USA as it was almost opposite. He wouldn't buy anything...... just have a look....... Well they say women are born to shop but get Al in a computer shop and he puts me to shame..... Well almost.

They ended up asking us to leave as the shop was closing, but he was very restrained this time, promising himself he would return before the end of the holiday.

Got back to the house around 7pm and Al phoned home. His mum had been ill for some time and he hadn't spoken to her for a few days so phoned his sister as it was now past 1am at home. His mum had died a few hours previously. He was devastated.

Monday Oct 4th

After a long night today was meant to be the day we closed on the house. Ver

KJH
17-10-2004, 03:25
Really sorry to hear such sad news, it must have been devastating.

I know this may sound strange, but I'm a great believer in things happen for a reason, a great loss, but you have realised a dream at the same time, and it gives you a reason to keep going.

Al's mum will be with you in spirit and is probably having a good laugh at all the work you have given yourselves.

When I lost my mum and dad (at different times) there was something happening at those times that gave me the reason to lift myself and carry on.

Thinking of you,

Kaz

rosie
17-10-2004, 03:39
Thanks Kaz :)

agod
17-10-2004, 04:15
So sorry Rosie, chin up eh! [msnsad]

Alan

WR1
17-10-2004, 10:29
You can order online with wal-mart and get it all delivered.[msnsmile]

rosie
17-10-2004, 11:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by WR1
[/quote]

I think Al might have preferred you didn't say that to me :D

LiesaAnna
17-10-2004, 12:35
Hi Rosie
sorry about your sad news, chin up[grouphug]

great to hear the rest of the story tho', we as renters just book and have fantastic holidays, dont really think about all the effort thats really been put into it[msnwink]

hope all is better in part 4?

WR1
17-10-2004, 14:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by WR1
[/quote]

I think Al might have preferred you didn't say that to me :D
[/quote]

Sorry Al [grouphug]

WR

Mo Green
17-10-2004, 16:27
So sorry about Al's Mum. As Kaz said these things seem to happen for a reason although it is not always obvious at the time.

Hope you don't feel too exhausted with all the emotional highs and lows.

finishrich
18-10-2004, 01:53
"We seem unable to walk past the Fossil shop without taking a look"

It has to be it's prime location because we were exactly the same!
Sorry to hear your sad news.

Cruella DeVilla
18-10-2004, 13:55
[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

CarolAnn
18-10-2004, 15:32
[grouphug]Indeeed CDV.
What a trip Rose! Best wishes to you and Al, for your sad news and your new adventure.

Ray&Sarah
18-10-2004, 20:55
Sorry to hear your sad news Rosie and Al.[grouphug]

stabard
19-10-2004, 02:01
[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

nuff said