PDA

View Full Version : hire car shortages

John Rocke
16-10-2004, 21:14
i have just been reading of a shortage of hire cars available in the Florida area. Apparently all reservations are being honoured but anyone just turning up at the desk is finding that all the airport bases are short.
it seems to be mostly a throwback to the recent bad weather.
if any body knows any more it would be helpful

jr.

jolliffee
16-10-2004, 21:24
I don’t think this is a new phenomenon, I have found it difficult to get a car by just turning up at the airport desk since 1975. I would strongly recommend always booking ahead if you want an airport pick up.

blott
17-10-2004, 03:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by John Rocke
i have just been reading of a shortage of hire cars available in the Florida area. Apparently all reservations are being honoured but anyone just turning up at the desk is finding that all the airport bases are short.
it seems to be mostly a throwback to the recent bad weather.
if any body knows any more it would be helpful

jr.
[/quote]You could try the other thread about this started earlier today at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=14801

Cruella DeVilla
18-10-2004, 14:14
We saw this first hand in August. We arrived in Fort Myers tired after our journey and had to wait about 30 minutes for a car to come back and be poorly valeted and thrown at us!! Put it down to the Hurricanes though. Hope it is better in December!

CERICROWLEY
25-10-2004, 19:28
Hi Anyone just got back.

I have booked car hire on OV for a convertible. With the car shortages. Are there still problems? Is it just certain cars? Will I be ok if I booked a convertible?