PDA

View Full Version : Tuscan Ridge..Whats it Like?

Big Mack
16-10-2004, 18:34
Hi Guys

We have found a very nice villa with availability for our dates on the community of Tuscan Ridge. We stayed at Crescent Lakes this year and thought it was very nice, does anyone know much about Tuscan Ridge? It looks wonderfull in the pictures, the villas are very large and there is lots of space between them. I think it is on Highway 27, what sort of amenities are nearby and how long does it take to get up to the 192.

I am sure it is as nice as it looks in the pictures, i suppose i am just looking for some extra reassurance before i take the plunge and book it!!

Many thanks

Mack

Patsy
16-10-2004, 19:17
I dont know Tuscan Ridge, but if its on the Highway 27 you should not be disappointed as most of the communities along there are very nice indeed. You will find shops, restaurants, and Disney all within easy reach. Hope you have a great time. I takes about 35 minutes from Orlando Airport.

chrizzy100
16-10-2004, 20:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Mack
Hi Guys

We have found a very nice villa with availability for our dates on the community of Tuscan Ridge. We stayed at Crescent Lakes this year and thought it was very nice, does anyone know much about Tuscan Ridge? It looks wonderfull in the pictures, the villas are very large and there is lots of space between them. I think it is on Highway 27, what sort of amenities are nearby and how long does it take to get up to the 192.

I am sure it is as nice as it looks in the pictures, i suppose i am just looking for some extra reassurance before i take the plunge and book it!!

Many thanks

Mack
[/quote]

Tuscan Ridge is in two parts....The Village.....a lot of locals....good size plots.....great house designs..... people are out walking their dogs doing their gardens and the kids are out playing.....giving it a nice American home feel.....

The other side Is The Countryside....beauiful homes.....large plots....nice size pool areas.....more STR homes then locals....but it still feels lived in....in a nice way that is....
I've talked to a lot of the people on holiday from England there......and they seem to love the place.......
Hope that helps......[msnsmile2]

esprit
16-10-2004, 20:21
Nice place, but a word of warning, they havent finished building there yet so you might just like to ask the question of whether the houses bith sides and to the rear of any home you may consider renting is built.

Big Mack
16-10-2004, 20:34
Thanks guys,

The villa we are looking at is in the Countryside part of Tuscan Ridge. We have seen a lot of pictures of it and all of the homes around it seem to be finished. It was built at the end of last year so hopefully by the time we go next September their wont be any building work in the immediate vicinity. Still probably worth checking with the owner, thanks for the tip esprit. [msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
16-10-2004, 21:41
Thanks guys,

The villa we are looking at is in the Countryside part of Tuscan Ridge. We have seen a lot of pictures of it and all of the homes around it seem to be finished. It was built at the end of last year so hopefully by the time we go next September their wont be any building work in the immediate vicinity. Still probably worth checking with the owner, thanks for the tip esprit. [msnsmile2]
[/quote]

The Village should have no building work by next March......The Countryside could have building going on behind some of the homes.....the orange groves were sold.....and a resort is going up there.....

Big Mack
18-10-2004, 20:30
Chrizzy

Where are these orange groves you speak of and when exactly is this resort going up?

Mack

chrizzy100
18-10-2004, 23:44
Chrizzy

Where are these orange groves you speak of and when exactly is this resort going up?

Mack
[/quote]

The Groves are behind the last row of houses on The Countryside.......a lot of the homes near it are owned by locals......

The board of sale was up in July when we were there last.....but I'm not sure when they start building.....most of the rental homes on the Countryside should be well out the way of any building work......

baberesq
19-10-2004, 04:46
The oldest home in Tuscan Ridge is about 2yrs old. All well maintained & away from the very busy 192, which is about 4 min away, I-4 is about 1 min away. TR is about 13 min from Disney and 20 min from Sea World-Universal. Great place to stay. The grounds and the Tennis courts are well mantained, but still some construction going on. The Villiage is smaller than the Countryside side, but both sides give that 'small town feeling'.There is also a Publex with a small shopping ctr (NY Chnesse take out & Pizza ect., about 3 mins away on Rt.27 One of the great places to stay.

Big Mack
20-10-2004, 03:16
Thanks very much guys. Really looking forward to it now :D

Mack

dick wroe
30-10-2004, 01:08
we stayed there this year its VERY nice and theres a publix suprmarket just along the road (27) when going into kissimmee dont go via the 192 turn towards haines city then left at the first lights the road runs parrallel to the 192 and is much quieter - there is a left turn at a set of lights which will bring you out around the old splendid china or carry on and you end up nr walmart/medeival times

Sharon G
23-11-2004, 04:36
Tuscan Ridge is a beautiful community ( as others have previously said) split into two, The Countryside and The Village.

Nearly all the building work on the Countryside is finished. The individual gardens are now matureing making it even lovelier!!!

The Champions Gate Golf complex is just a 5 minute drive away with a new Publix, Mc Donalds, Walgreens, UPS Store (Interenet access) to mention a few!!!!

We,ve even a brand new Wal-Mart that has just opened in Clermont, about 10 minutes drive on the Hwy 27!!!

Love the place.........but hey, I,m biase[msncool][msncool][msncool]

Sharon

ashley.smith
04-02-2005, 06:13
Bit late in the day for the original poster, but for anyone else going to Tuscan Ridge I hope that this will be of some help.

We stayed at [website link edited] based in the village. The house was massive and certainly much much bigger than anything we expected.

After a long days traveling it was like walking into home. The villa was immaculate, the table laid and the beds very very welcoming!

Getting to the attractions was very easy, we tended to head south and pick up I4 and within 20 minutes were inside the car parks of all the Disney parks.

Food wise we tended to stick with Shoneys on 192 as it was both easy to get to and very very cheap (and that was at $1.60, at $1.80 it will be unbelievable) - and you could also pick up a Daily Mail here for next to nothng. For example 9 of us ate there on our last day and all of us left stuffed and waddling... total bill including drinks £34!

For Football there is a Beef O Bradys about 1/2 mile (drive it!) on the opposite side of H27. My brother in law and father in law went to watch Arsenal vs Chelsea and said it was one of the best bars they had been to. There was a good mix of americans and british ex pats all cheering both sides, unlike the bars of the UK!

We loved our time here and visited the show home to try and buy a villa ourselves but unfortunatly they had already sold out.

Whilst most of the building works were completed around our area I would just mention that you need to make sure you park your hire car right up the driveway or in the garage. I overhung the road on our first day and consequently woke on our first morning to a nice big dent in the rear bumper! Still it was a hire car so no damage done to my UK insurance premiums!

Have a great holiday, we are counting down the days until we return to Florida (yep we finally got a villa just up the road on H27)

chrizzy100
04-02-2005, 06:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ashley.smith
Bit late in the day for the original poster, but for anyone else going to Tuscan Ridge I hope that this will be of some help.

We stayed at Disneymousehouse.com based in the village. The house was massive and certainly much much bigger than anything we expected.

After a long days traveling it was like walking into home. The villa was immaculate, the table laid and the beds very very welcoming!

Getting to the attractions was very easy, we tended to head south and pick up I4 and within 20 minutes were inside the car parks of all the Disney parks.

Food wise we tended to stick with Shoneys on 192 as it was both easy to get to and very very cheap (and that was at $1.60, at $1.80 it will be unbelievable) - and you could also pick up a Daily Mail here for next to nothng. For example 9 of us ate there on our last day and all of us left stuffed and waddling... total bill including drinks £34!

For Football there is a Beef O Bradys about 1/2 mile (drive it!) on the opposite side of H27. My brother in law and father in law went to watch Arsenal vs Chelsea and said it was one of the best bars they had been to. There was a good mix of americans and british ex pats all cheering both sides, unlike the bars of the UK!

We loved our time here and visited the show home to try and buy a villa ourselves but unfortunatly they had already sold out.

Whilst most of the building works were completed around our area I would just mention that you need to make sure you park your hire car right up the driveway or in the garage. I overhung the road on our first day and consequently woke on our first morning to a nice big dent in the rear bumper! Still it was a hire car so no damage done to my UK insurance premiums!

Have a great holiday, we are counting down the days until we return to Florida (yep we finally got a villa just up the road on H27)
[/quote]

Nice to hear you had a great time.....I'm really hoping the building work will be finished by the time we go back in April/May......I can't wait to see it all done......but then again I will miss the builders.......so where is you new home........[msnsmile2]

Anne Louise
04-02-2005, 14:02
Hi Ashley,
Glad you enjoyed your stay at Tuscan Ridge.

We love it there too but of course we would - we chose to purchase a villa there. The homes there are exceptionally spacious - that was one of the reasons we chose the home we did.

Chrizzy is right it will be good to see the whole community finished which should be very soon now - although most of the last stages of the building work are just around the entrance (The Village)so most of the community is not affected by construction going on.

Love to hear where you decided to buy.

ashley.smith
05-02-2005, 04:31
Hi Chrizzy and Anne

We loved the village. As I mentioned we wanted to buy a place and logged our name for the all the show homes but since the 5 bed had a waiting list of in excess of 20 we were told the chances were nil!

We tried to buy a resale but were guzumped, although the deal fell through and when it came back on the market we were out bid by a long way. Next came a place at Sunset Ridge. The Devon. A lot of problems occured here and the developers sold our lot after we had sent all our deposits. Still having later visited the place I think we got a lucky escpae as the 5 beds there are so very very small.

So where....

Drum roll...

Millbrook Manor. The owner of Tuscan Ridge was a tremendous help and he advised that he was now looking at Millbrook Manor. I went out and looked at the site and the plans and signed up in under two minutes! (fortunatly I work with architects and reading plans is second nature). Millbrook Manor offers everything Tuscan Ridge does, even thought the properties are slightly smaller (2600 vs the 3200 at Tuscan Ridge). The furniture package on offer at Millbrook Manor is offered through the same people that did the furniture at Tuscan Ridge.

We would certainly recomend Tuscan Ridge as a fabulous location. Even though there were builders and I can honestly say that they were not in the slightest bit a problem and made absolutely no noise whatsoever.

Come to think about it for the benefit of anyone reading. There are a lot of locals at Tuscan Ridge and we found that they were all very very friendly all said hello and were willing to give us tips and advise, (hence how we found out about Beef O Bradys). Also they told us where the nearest shops were and gave some advise on the best value restuarants. Compare this to some other communities where I have heard that the locals possitively dislike STR.

chrizzy100
05-02-2005, 05:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ashley.smith
Hi Chrizzy and Anne

We loved the village. As I mentioned we wanted to buy a place and logged our name for the all the show homes but since the 5 bed had a waiting list of in excess of 20 we were told the chances were nil!

We tried to buy a resale but were guzumped, although the deal fell through and when it came back on the market we were out bid by a long way. Next came a place at Sunset Ridge. The Devon. A lot of problems occured here and the developers sold our lot after we had sent all our deposits. Still having later visited the place I think we got a lucky escpae as the 5 beds there are so very very small.

So where....

Drum roll...

Millbrook Manor. The owner of Tuscan Ridge was a tremendous help and he advised that he was now looking at Millbrook Manor. I went out and looked at the site and the plans and signed up in under two minutes! (fortunatly I work with architects and reading plans is second nature). Millbrook Manor offers everything Tuscan Ridge does, even thought the properties are slightly smaller (2600 vs the 3200 at Tuscan Ridge). The furniture package on offer at Millbrook Manor is offered through the same people that did the furniture at Tuscan Ridge.

We would certainly recomend Tuscan Ridge as a fabulous location. Even though there were builders and I can honestly say that they were not in the slightest bit a problem and made absolutely no noise whatsoever.

Come to think about it for the benefit of anyone reading. There are a lot of locals at Tuscan Ridge and we found that they were all very very friendly all said hello and were willing to give us tips and advise, (hence how we found out about Beef O Bradys). Also they told us where the nearest shops were and gave some advise on the best value restuarants. Compare this to some other communities where I have heard that the locals possitively dislike STR.

[/quote]

The locals on the Ridge are very nice.....I can second that......[msnsmile2].....after the storms they were at my home checking it.....I love the furniture in a lot of the Ridge's STR homes ...I hope you keep us up to date with your home....and maybe one day you can pop in for coffee if we're both in town at the same time........good luck......[msnsmile2]

Anne Louise
05-02-2005, 07:21
Hi Ashley,

That was a bit of a stressful start to the buying process but I hope all goes to plan with Millbrook Manor - I see you have found the Millbrook Manor thread so you will have some company through your build time.

If we are out at the same time we will join you at Chrizzy's for a coffee (or maybe something stronger)!

Best of luck