PDA

View Full Version : If you won the lottery ...

Fletch
15-10-2004, 23:20
This is my first poll everybody! I've done a search and couldn't find any matches, so I do hope it hasn't appeared before.

If you won a million on the lottery what would you do?

LiesaAnna
15-10-2004, 23:42
<span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><span style="color:red">got to buy a villa</span id="red"></span id="Book Antiqua">

in <span style="color:blue">florida</span id="blue">
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><span style="color:orange">of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span id="orange"></span id="Century Gothic">

jolliffee
16-10-2004, 00:18
If it was a big win then it would be a new Vila and the cruise[msnsmile2]

brizzle
16-10-2004, 01:12
I'd probably do at least three of those but I chose the 'Carry on working' option but only for a little while.
We've discussed this in work and I think it would be great fun to carry on in work knowing you don't have to be there. Then when you've had enough one day just get up, walk out and never come back :)
Then I'd share with family of course and finally I'd buy a few homes around the world, including Florida, to split my time between.

But I don't play the lottery so I ain't gonna be doing any of that...

Brizzle

Fletch
16-10-2004, 01:24
Having re-visited my message and looked at the replies so far, I think I have included too many options. Or possibly it would be easier to choose one option if the win was £250,000 rather than a million. After all, with a million we could probably do most of the options! Polls aren't as easy as you might think, I guess[:I]

wrpac00
16-10-2004, 01:51
The obvious answer from my point of view is 'Retire'.

Ray&Sarah
16-10-2004, 02:58
Got to share the wealth![msnsmile2]

daxon
16-10-2004, 03:47
Little bit of all of them I suppose!!
Now can anyone give me the winning numbers??!!;)

julieanne
16-10-2004, 03:56
Got to go for they "buy your own villa" option.
That is my dream....

Nostromo
16-10-2004, 04:18
I voted 'other' beause I have not yet figured out what I am....I mean I would do with all that money.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-10-2004, 13:48
I'd carry on working and would probably buy a sporty plane (not that there is anything wrong with our current plane, but a nice "sports car" equivalent would be nice [msnwink]) and get a house with enough land for a landing strip. Other than that, I'd carry on pretty much as normal [msnsmile2].

bluebirds
16-10-2004, 22:52
Villa in Florida, Large house in the countryside with room for fishing lakes for the worse half. Quad bikes for the boyz and a soft top runaround for me. And a large account at Harvey Nicks!!!!;)

CarolAnn
17-10-2004, 00:07
I like to think I would share:)

Nostromo
17-10-2004, 12:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
I like to think I would share:)
[/quote]

Me too, but just the joy. [msnwink]

domster
17-10-2004, 19:05
I think I would buy myself a bigger villa than CDV has![^]

DOM

Cruella DeVilla
18-10-2004, 13:44
I voted "other", I would shop til I dropped!

KirstieLou
18-10-2004, 17:30
A villa for me too. Oh and 1st class tickets to get us there. I just want to go posh instead of ecconomy just the once!

phaedra
20-10-2004, 14:03
The villa is very tempting but I don't think it would be in Florida, I'd want to buy a villa in a country that I would be allowed to live in for more than 90 days at a time!.

linda.s
20-10-2004, 16:02
I said other, as it would probably be a combination of about 3! I'd pay off all my debts and current mortgage, buy a villa, although I agree with Jeff, maybe not Florida, or maybe a small one in Florida and another somewhere in Spain or the Canaries, and I would share some with family & friends too......... So actually a million ain't much - can I win more please!!! :D

Cruella DeVilla
20-10-2004, 16:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
I think I would buy myself a bigger villa than CDV has![^]

DOM
[/quote]

Hey just noticed this.........:D

ellie
21-10-2004, 23:22
Does anyone have a bigger one than CDV?? Villa I mean? :D

bryj
22-10-2004, 01:56
I would buy the world's best camcorder, and record the reaction of everybody I told. It would have to be in colour, because most would turn green I'm sure.

Unfortunately I don't do the lottery either, but is it true you can do it online?!!

bryj
22-10-2004, 01:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I'd carry on working and would probably buy a sporty plane (not that there is anything wrong with our current plane, but a nice "sports car" equivalent would be nice [msnwink]) and get a house with enough land for a landing strip. Other than that, I'd carry on pretty much as normal [msnsmile2].
[/quote]
How about a float plane and a lakeside palace- no landing strip required!

rosie
22-10-2004, 02:01
Buy my children their own houses because they stand no chance of being able to afford their own for a very long time :(

Then pay off all our debts and spend as much time as we can in Florida :D

Cruella DeVilla
22-10-2004, 13:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
Buy my children their own houses because they stand no chance of being able to afford their own for a very long time :(

Then pay off all our debts and spend as much time as we can in Florida :D
[/quote]

Don't forget your friends[:X]

Magical Dreams
10-11-2004, 13:19
We never expect to win the lottery in our house!!

4 numbers is the closest!!

But if we did, it would be to own our villa outright.

That way we could go more or less when we wanted!

Although £million is not that much these days! [msnwink][msnwink]

LiesaAnna
10-11-2004, 13:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pontelad
We never expect to win the lottery in our house!!

4 numbers is the closest!!

But if we did, it would be to own our villa outright.

That way we could go more or less when we wanted!

Although £million is not that much these days! [msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

sadly in all honesty with the costs of houses decent ones! a million pound wouldnt do much for you really! now if you could put it in a high interest account and not touch it for 1 year that would be interesting to see,
i know you could buy one, but £500,000 for a house then looking after the family and wanting all the other goodies that go with being a millionaire...............
oh wake up, never gonna win the biggie!
sorry ...................................
a villa in florida...............is that to much to ask???????
me thinks not.............

Liam_Sandie
10-11-2004, 14:08
I chose share with friends and family, it would be fantatic to be in a position to make everyones life a little easier![grouphug][grouphug]

blott
10-11-2004, 16:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by phaedra
The villa is very tempting but I don't think it would be in Florida, I'd want to buy a villa in a country that I would be allowed to live in for more than 90 days at a time!.[/quote]Just invest your $1million in a business run by a manager and you can live there! :) I think that's probably where you'd find me (at least for the winter). [8D]

I might even be able to afford to take the grandchildren there (they've never been).

hadrian
10-11-2004, 23:29
I voted other: "All of the above"

tony2000
03-09-2010, 20:27
I think I would share and then shop and shop
Tracy

Fletch
03-09-2010, 21:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tony2000
I think I would share and then shop and shop
Tracy
[/quote]

Wow, I forgot I had even posted this poll - and can't believe it is 5 years since we last visited Florida!! Visited in January 2005 but never got round to posting trip report. where does the time go?

Lyn
04-09-2010, 01:16
I voted buy a villa. I might also invest in a business with a manager so I could stay as long as I liked[msnwink]. However I have done the lottery every Saturday since it began and so far we have won 3 times unfortunatly it was only £10 a time[msnscared]

mfairhurst
04-09-2010, 01:25
We would buy another villa as so cheap at the moment and can look for a place we would use ourselves .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Andrena
04-09-2010, 03:12
Hopefully would win more than 1 million and then I could really go to town.
Buy another villa, bigger than ours and stay longer in Florida and fly 1st Class
Buy a home in Austria which is a country we love - no problems about visa there either
Go on a round the world cruise
Pay off our kids mortgages and make sure they were comfortabley off.
Put money in trust for our grandchildren
Put enough money aside to make sure that their school fees were paid until they had finished their education
Give a sum to Erskine Hospital who looked after my Dad and look after any ex-servicemen and women
Give a sum to Christian Aid
after all that just enjoy ourselves for the rest of our lives.
Oh and put a sum into a Private Medical Insurance so that I don;t have to rely on the NHS for any future illnesses.

You can but dream. Mind you a colleague and I several years ago tried to see how we could spend £14 milliam, I think at that time someone had just won a sum like that, but we found it difficult to get much past 7 million and that was thinking of really daft and over indulgent things.

Oh I am off to bed to dream of winning the lottery, mind you I forgot to put on the Euro Lottery tonight so just hope my usual numbers don't come up!!!

Andrena

E. Cosgrove
04-09-2010, 13:58
My SIL won just over 2 million in the first lottery of this year!![msnoo]She was actually part of a syndicate and ended up with just short of a 100,000....... not to be sniffed at!

My point is that until that happened I thought lottery wins happened to other people, in my case they do as I rarely by a ticket
[msnwink]

If I won a serious amount of money my first priority would be my family. I wish you could by good health as well, at the moment we are both in reasonable health for our age but all the money in the world is no good unless you have the good health to enjoy it
[msnsad]

jimiansville
04-09-2010, 16:12
I think the best thing about a big win would be not to have to think too much about the cost of things we want to do. Sure, a lot of the pleasures in life are free but a heck of a lot cost money! We would love a nice boat and once we had sorted out our ideal home and cars, which are the obvious things, that would be next on the list.

You are so right Liz. Good health is the one thing you can't buy or put a price on. Good health is in itself a bit of a lottery! I was lucky enough to take advantage of an early retirement package a couple of years ago and my partner is also semi-retired. After a couple of health problems in the past few months it really made us focus on the importance of good health....

orlandochris
09-09-2010, 21:48
I'd probably go on a round the world holiday, buy a villa in Florida, share some with family, give some to charity, and set up my own business.