PDA

View Full Version : Flights

domster
15-10-2004, 19:05
When we all look for flights what is on top of your list of priorities.

It seems that a lot of people use the same company, so because of this what brings you back to them.

DOM

caroline
15-10-2004, 19:27
More chance of upgrades:)

LiesaAnna
15-10-2004, 19:49
I didnt look for flights with virgin they found me!!!!![msnwink]
we booked the villa first and was given a number to ring,i didnt care within reason who we flew with just as long as they got myself and my family to florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeh i suppose we were told they would be a bit cheaper but not who with?
does this make sense???????????????????[msnembarrased]

WR1
15-10-2004, 19:52
We fly alot with lots of airlines but try and fly with BA we have had no problem's with them and get upgrades alot:D

WR

julieanne
15-10-2004, 19:57
Although its not necessarily the best or cheapest - Virgin gets my vote cos of the Disney check in.
Have flown with AA quite often and I'm always pleased with their service.

Nostromo
15-10-2004, 20:11
I voted for 'other'. Flight TIME is what makes me decide most often. I like flights that start later in the morning or early afternoons.....or very late at night. I hate getting-up early and rushing about in the morning, even in an airport hotel. I do that everyday for work anyway.

Fletch
15-10-2004, 22:18
Direct flight was our priority. I want to get there as quickly as possible and my husband HATES flying, so one take off and landing is more than enough for him!

E. Cosgrove
15-10-2004, 22:29
I do prefer a direct flight, although now we have bought the villa and are likely to make more trips tp Florida, cost will probably have to be added to the equation [msnsad]

tezz7628
15-10-2004, 23:40
arrival at chs with delta unless anybody knows different also connects thnru atlanta to orlando :)

jolliffee
16-10-2004, 00:20
So hard to decide, some of each I think[msnscared]

16-10-2004, 02:28
I would have gone for an option on safety, this is the first thing thats on my list when choosing an airline, then direct flight routes etc!

jolliffee
16-10-2004, 02:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
I would have gone for an option on safety, this is the first thing thats on my list when choosing an airline, then direct flight routes etc!
[/quote]

Yes Lucy, I have that at the top of my list too

KJH
16-10-2004, 02:59
I chose other, with V. at least in PE there are only 38 seats, whereas BA WT+ have a bigger area but it doesn't feel the same . However you are more likely to be upgraded with BA, especially as Prem Econ. is becoming so popular and is nearly always fully booked.

The service from V has definitely gone down from when we first started flying with them, but the extra legroom is worth it. 2AD 3CH, although they are classed as adults. It gets dearer by the minute.

We like the early flight out and the late flight back.

KAZ

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-10-2004, 03:33
Us too - and that they are the only direct service from Manchester so we not only gain half a day on the way out but a whole day on the way home (due to the Downtown Disney checkin) [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
Although its not necessarily the best or cheapest - Virgin gets my vote cos of the Disney check in.

[/quote]

16-10-2004, 15:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Us too - and that they are the only direct service from Manchester so we not only gain half a day on the way out but a whole day on the way home (due to the Downtown Disney checkin) [msnsmile2]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have to agree, from Manchester it has to be Virgin, however if 2005 is sub standard I will be looking into alternatives!![msneek]

phaedra
16-10-2004, 17:55
At 6'6" & disabled it has to be legroom :)

domster
16-10-2004, 21:32
Can't see how you can decide which airline is more safe! They all seem to be nowardays as they have such strict inspection standards.

I would go for Direct flights, then price.

DOM

jolliffee
16-10-2004, 22:11
I’m not sure you can Dom, just one of those feelings I guess.[msnsad]

17-10-2004, 00:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
Can't see how you can decide which airline is more safe! They all seem to be nowardays as they have such strict inspection standards.

I would go for Direct flights, then price.

DOM
[/quote]

20+ years working as cabin crew you get inside info!!!

MTP
17-10-2004, 02:01
For us it is a huge combination of factors from price to routing (we also have to figure on a domestic UK flight). Another important factor is the seating arrangement and with four of us we would be put off of planes that have a 3-5-3 configuration. We have recently had some fine flights with AA, but we wouldn't use their routing through Dallas for Orlando again. Trying US Airways for our next flights. So I guess legroom is an important factor.

KirstieLou
18-10-2004, 17:35
I've gone for entertainment for this one. We always fly US Airways because their entertainment system is fab. The flight to Philli goes so quickly. You get more legroom too and most of the time they are the cheapest!

Magical Dreams
19-10-2004, 01:47
We voted for "other"

It is a few factors from the list, Price, company name, entertainment, Arrival Airport.

Definately not departure airport.

We are from Pontefract and only about 60miles or so from Manchester.
We flew from Gatwick last year, Manchester this year and Gatwick for next year.

Its just the way it goes.

Next years flight departure point was governed by the date of the flight, we needed to fly on specific days and we could not get them from Manchester!!

Better luck next time I hope!!
[lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky][lucky]

bryj
22-10-2004, 02:59
Fascinating replies- being in the business for a few years, I assumed people would have safety as their over-riding priority.

Do people really take it for granted nowadays?

I'm happy if you do- I fly 747s for BA, and I take it as a vote of confidence for my colleagues and myself.

Because of my job we always go BA, but last time had to go via MIA. A 4 hour drive thru torrential rain has reduced the appeal of that route again.

We have gone into Tampa, which is a great option and possibly closer than people realise- about an hour to Champions Gate, altho the I4 is one long roadwork at the moment- it will be great when it is finished![grin]