PDA

View Full Version : Sample Visa Waiver form

craig_emptage
14-10-2004, 15:44
Hi

I have found an example of a Visa Waiver form if it is of any use to anyone?

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/web/imigration/xvisafront.jpg
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/web/imigration/xvisaback.jpg

Kiddie001
14-10-2004, 15:52
thanks Craig![msnsmile2]

cheers

ian

Cruella DeVilla
14-10-2004, 15:55
Great idea Craig,
Throws a lot of people this form, although the days of them sending you to the back of the queue when you fill it in wrong are gone (hopefully)! I always used to put my dob on the top line and then realised it should go below[:o)]

brizzle
14-10-2004, 16:43
Same here with DoB.
I have also made the mistake before of reading the 'Government Use Only' bit two thirds way down and then not filling in the final bit on that side. Sent to the back of the line :(

Good posting, worth archiving in the FAQ's?

Brizzle

Rowan
14-10-2004, 17:07
Can someone help me with a question regarding the Visa Waiver form?
As we have booked our villa with Virgin holidays,we will not know
the address of the villa until we meet the Rep at the airport.Do I
leave the "Address while in the United States" question blank?

LiesaAnna
14-10-2004, 17:15
Thanx Craig, that was really helpful![msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-10-2004, 17:17
No - they should tell you the address of their Orlando office. You should use this for the form.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rowan
[/quote]

AngelaB
14-10-2004, 18:09
So is this the one that gets given out on the plane and does everyone in the party fill out each?

Fletch
14-10-2004, 18:11
Do you have to fill one out for children too?

blott
14-10-2004, 18:51
You fill in a visa waiver form for everyone in your party - for kids under 14, you sign them on their behalf.

The other form (the white and blue Customs form) is one per family and is given in to Customs after you have been through Immigration and after you have collected your luggage.

E. Cosgrove
14-10-2004, 19:34
If you have a US visa is there a form you also have to fill in?

amy
14-10-2004, 20:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
If you have a US visa is there a form you also have to fill in?
[/quote]

Yes,this is the form if you do not have a visa.If you do have a visa the form looks similar but it is white.

Fletch
14-10-2004, 20:11
I have just thought of something after reading the last posting! I have a visa (valid for life, multiple visits) which was issued when I first visited the USA in 1977. I have kept the passport, although it is in my maiden name. Am I supposed to take this with me or should I just go with the Visa Waiver procedure? [confused][confused]

jolliffee
14-10-2004, 20:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fletch
I have just thought of something after reading the last posting! I have a visa (valid for life, multiple visits) which was issued when I first visited the USA in 1977. I have kept the passport, although it is in my maiden name. Am I supposed to take this with me or should I just go with the Visa Waiver procedure? [confused][confused]
[/quote]

Don't know about the maiden name but mine was the same vintage, I carried mine arround for years with the pair held together with an elastic band. Unfortunatly the boss (in a frantic cleaning session) binned it thinkig it was old.[msnsad]

PoohFan
14-10-2004, 20:45
[/quote]

Hi Fletch,

Hubby and I also had 'indefinite' visas stamped in our passports dated 1988. Unfortunately, these are no longer accepted by the US and ours have now been cancelled. We used the visa waiver forms on our recent visits.

tezz7628
14-10-2004, 20:51
good idea chris http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/200410151242_smiley_019.gif

beat me to it just figuring out how to do it

life multiple entries
not valid anymore

had one, actually two but thats another story, in my old black passport before '89 and used it once i think after that with my red one but it was stopped a few years ago

by the way whats that blue form for thats on another site?

wiljohn
14-10-2004, 22:24
Same here with the DOB,I've forgoten how many times I've filled in the wrong line,it's a really badly thought out form,and the airlines are now reluctant to give you more than one form.[msnscared]

E. Cosgrove
14-10-2004, 22:41
you can usually help yourself at check in. If they only give you one each ask for another one on the plane. We have built up quite a supply this way and now we usually complete them before we leave home[msnwink]

lisasranch
14-10-2004, 22:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rowan
[/quote]
Hi Rowan,
You have to have an address or they wont let you in. You can put the management company of the villa you are renting down, that usually works.

14-10-2004, 23:59
[/quote]

You read my mind I had one too plus a work one both were for life, what a shame we can't use them anymore![msnsmile]

Rich-n-Ang
15-10-2004, 15:53
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but if you fly from Manchester do you have to just put M A N C H E S T E on the form ? or do you write the "R" at the end ?

blott
15-10-2004, 16:20
I always squash it in! I reckon it's their fault for not allowing enough spaces! :)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-10-2004, 17:02
I always squeeze the ER in the last box and have never had it questioned.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but if you fly from Manchester do you have to just put M A N C H E S T E on the form ? or do you write the "R" at the end ?
[/quote]

tezz7628
15-10-2004, 20:10
[/quote]

the internationally recognised code for manchester is MAN

i can't remember if i put that though [msnembarrased]

sully62
15-10-2004, 21:10
just one other small point we were told we had to put United Kingdom instead of UK this was back in March

Sharon G
16-10-2004, 16:42
[/quote]

.......same as John and Blottie, I squeeze the R on at the end.
We,ve never had it returned[msnsmile2]

Sharon

Southsider
01-11-2004, 02:20
I always put U Kingdom and have never been questioned

Tricia

Fletch
03-11-2004, 02:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by craig_emptage
Hi

[/quote]

I think I might have asked this question already, but can't find the original thread - many apologies if this message has already appeared.

Our son is disabled (he will be 8 when we travel). He has both physical and mental disorder, but no definite diagnosis. I wrote to the US Embassy in London to ask their advice about how I should answer question A on the visa waiver form. They have eventually replied, but I am none the wiser[confused] Their response was "Travelers to the United States who have been afflicted with a disease of public health significance or a mental disorder, which is associated with a display of harmful behaviour, cannot travel on the visa waiver program. If the disability poses no threat to others, travelers may be able to travel visa free".

Although my son does not pose a threat to anyone, I still do not know whether I should tick Yes or No in answer to Question A, and the Embassy did not answer my direct question about this. Also, does the phrase "may be able to travel visa free" mean "are able to travel visa free", or "might be able to travel visa free, at the discretion of immigration". I would appreciate it if anyone who is perhaps in a similar situation could enlighten me on this one. I don't particularly want to ring the Embassy at £1.30 per minute!

blott
03-11-2004, 03:49
I think the reply says it would be OK for him to travel on the visa waiver as they're saying that anyone with a public health disease (ie something contagious) or with a mental disorder which may result in unpredictable behaviour which could harm someone else are not able to travel on the visa waiver. So, as your son comes into neither of these categories, you should be ticking the NO box on the form.

If neither of these scenarios describe your son, then there's no reason why he shouldn't travel on a visa waiver. However, any entrance to the US (whether on a visa or visa waiver) is always at the discretion of the Immigration Officer on the day plus there are no rights to appeal on a visa waiver if refused entry.

I'd take with you a copy of the question you asked and the reply from the American Embassy which at least explains that you requested the information and acted on the response.

Fletch
03-11-2004, 14:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
I think the reply says it would be OK for him to travel on the visa waiver as they're saying that anyone with a public health disease (ie something contagious) or with a mental disorder which may result in unpredictable behaviour which could harm someone else are not able to travel on the visa waiver. So, as your son comes into neither of these categories, you should be ticking the NO box on the form.

If neither of these scenarios describe your son, then there's no reason why he shouldn't travel on a visa waiver. However, any entrance to the US (whether on a visa or visa waiver) is always at the discretion of the Immigration Officer on the day plus there are no rights to appeal on a visa waiver if refused entry.

I'd take with you a copy of the question you asked and the reply from the American Embassy which at least explains that you requested the information and acted on the response.
[/quote]

Thanks Blott - I will definitely take my original letter and the Embassy's reply with me. Good heavens, I hope all this worry is worth it [msnwink]
[beer]

caroline
08-02-2005, 13:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by craig_emptage
Hi

[/quote]

John, Roger, Blottie - I was wondering if it might be useful to make this thread sticky, as it's very useful for travellers to the US to know what the form looks like BEFORE they get on the plane!

Nostromo
08-02-2005, 14:28
I just wondered - is it just a coincidence that "John Smith" was born on the day after JFK was assassinated?

Steviek
13-02-2005, 20:56
Just a small point about the white form. It isnt 1 per family it is 1 for each group of family with the same surname. Travelling with my 2 children my eldest has to fill this out although he is only 15 as he has a different last name to me
When we were travelling to Amsterdam customs had to ring my ex to ask his permission to take the children out of the country because they have a different surname but I could take my stepchildren because they have the same name!

blott
13-02-2005, 22:25
It's supposed to be one for each family for the Customs form but, if you have different surnames, it's wiser to do one for each surname - you can always bin the extra form(s) if they're not needed but it's really difficult to fill extras in whilst waiting in the queue/line using someone's back as a leaning post!

Lyn
17-02-2005, 19:35
we have always been told it is one per surname. My sister and her partner have always had to fill in two one for her and one for her partner & children

tezz7628
30-05-2005, 14:48
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_17678.asp

Just extracted this from the topic mentioned above

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dbrook
We took our niece with us at Christmas and were never asked for anything (good job as her parents never gave us a letter or anything only her insurance details!!)

They did stop us going through immigration because we needed a separate white form completed for her. On the plane we were advised not to bother with a separate form as she had the same surname, but the reality was that as she was from a different household and therefore needed a separate form.
[/quote]

Mick-H
25-03-2006, 15:58
Silly question but I have to ask[:I]

We're flying US Airways flight 197 on the form should I put

U S A 197 or U S Air 197 or U S 197
or any other combination.

Also rather than squeezing in the R at the end of Manchester is it ok to put just MAN
Cheers

2 days to go:D

blott
25-03-2006, 16:33
It should be the actual flight number (which will be on your tickets) and I think will be in the format US197.

I haven't tried just putting MAN so I don't know what the likely result will be but I do know that squeezing in the whole name works fine.

Have a great time! :)

Katys Grandad
25-03-2006, 17:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mick-H
Silly question but I have to ask[:I]

We're flying US Airways flight 197 on the form should I put

U S A 197 or U S Air 197 or U S 197
or any other combination.

Also rather than squeezing in the R at the end of Manchester is it ok to put just MAN
Cheers

2 days to go:D
[/quote]

As Blott says, because US Air's code is 'US' the flight number will be US197.

ShirleyCottam
31-03-2006, 01:47
I used MAN last time and it was OK

tezz7628
29-11-2006, 21:45
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20061129174149_front.JPG

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/20061129174218_back.JPG

<span style="color:navy">this is the part that is left in your passport until your return</span id="navy">

lorraine51
30-11-2006, 01:02
Just came back from Orlando and yes they were still sending people to the back of the queue.

NigelM
06-03-2007, 13:38
Just been speaking to Virgin Atlantic on another issue. When I asked if I could obtain the VWF beforehand she advised me that it is not required for all Bio passport holders.

Is this correct?

Two of my sones have Bio passprts thius if so can I presume that I will still need to complete a green form for the remaining three members of my family and a customs form to cover all of us.

Cheers

NigelM

blott
06-03-2007, 16:10
First time I've heard that Nigel and I'm not sure whether it's correct or not. A major part of the visa waiver form is the declaration which you have to fill in and sign and I don't see how a biometric passport can replace that part?

Robert5988
06-03-2007, 16:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[Just been speaking to Virgin Atlantic on another issue. When I asked if I could obtain the VWF beforehand she advised me that it is not required for all Bio passport holders.

Is this correct?

Two of my sones have Bio passprts thius if so can I presume that I will still need to complete a green form for the remaining three members of my family and a customs form to cover all of us.

Cheers

NigelM[/quote]

Like Blott not heard or seen anything about that.

I can't think it could be correct however as you must have some form of documentation giving your details and Immigration telling you how long you can stay in the USA. The Visa waiver allowing(normally) a stay of 90 days and a Visa 6 months aggregate(or more - depending on type)

If a Visa waiver or Visa were not required all sorts of drug dealing criminals with a Bio passport could enter without making any declaration.
Why even someone who had used a mobile phone while driving in Florida could enter;)

tezz7628
29-02-2008, 03:54
<div align="center">[u]<span style="color:blue">EXAMPLE VISA WAIVER FORM</span id="blue"></u></div id="center">

<span style="color:red">[u]<div align="center">FRONT</div id="center"></u></span id="red">

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/200822123443_admission27.JPG
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/2008221234854_82departurenumber.JPG
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/2008221235335_immigration2end.JPG

<span style="color:red">[u]<div align="center">REVERSE</div id="center"></u></span id="red">

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/2008217192123_backa2d.JPG
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/2008217192950_backe2waiver.JPG
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/2008217193421_waiver2departure.JPG
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/tezz7628/2008217193811_departure2finish.JPG

Oceansplasher
15-09-2008, 21:15
Thanks for this TEZZ,

BTW, is the no4 and no6 country of citizenship and country were you live both ENGLAND (if this is the case) or do you put UNITED KINGDOM or GREAT BRITAIN. Which is it? I am never sure.

Thanks for any advice.

Stuart

Robert5988
16-09-2008, 01:29
I always put UK (just 2 letters)

caroline
16-09-2008, 02:20
I always put UK - Hubbie put England once and was accused of being racist[msneek]

Dads_Taxi
31-01-2009, 00:04
For UK, and various other Countries, this thread is no longer accurate. With the launch of ESTA, I think a new "sticky" would be worthwhile at the top of this Forum.

Robert5988
31-01-2009, 01:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:For UK, and various other Countries, this thread is no longer accurate. With the launch of ESTA, I think a new "sticky" would be worthwhile at the top of this Forum.[/quote]

In time you will be correct.

However although ESTA was supposed to be active on 12 Jan 2009, it is still not active on the US Immigration system and visitors still have to fill in the I95-W.

Last time I was in a cynical Imigration officer told me it would be months.

Katys Grandad
31-01-2009, 09:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:For UK, and various other Countries, this thread is no longer accurate. With the launch of ESTA, I think a new "sticky" would be worthwhile at the top of this Forum.[/quote]

In time you will be correct.

However although ESTA was supposed to be active on 12 Jan 2009, it is still not active on the US Immigration system and visitors still have to fill in the I95-W.

Last time I was in a cynical Imigration officer told me it would be months.
[/quote]

This much hyped deadline seems to have been something of a non-event. As you say, in time they'll no doubt get the thing together but it seems to be some way off at the moment.