PDA

View Full Version : Tupperware Convention Center

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-10-2002, 15:00
Can anyone tell me what facilities there are at the center. I have often heard the centre advertised on the car radio for the place to buy cars at special 3 day auctions etc.

For instance does it have a 'Tupperware Museum' as I am sure that my mother and certainly my aunt could donate a whole gallery's worth of exhibits:D

Sarah

steph_goodrum
10-10-2002, 15:11
But why would they want to donate them John, don't forget Tupperware comes with a lifetime guarantee if it breaks they'll replace it.
Been past the place a few time but not stopped in there yet, I've resisted the temptation.

blott
10-10-2002, 16:31
Temptation and curiosity got the better of us! There's a Tupperware exhibition (free) of all their products, awards to agents, etc and, when we visited, a small Tupperware gift which, if I remember correctly, was a Tupperware miniature of a product on a key ring. The entrance to this part is at the Florida Mall end of the complex.

If you look at the convention board when you go past there's often concerts, etc held there and also the car auctions - you can't miss these as there are loads of cars parked on the grass (at the Kissimmee end of the complex).

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-10-2002, 02:42
Thanks for that - just had a moment to do some surfing only to find that the there was an announcement to say Tupperware were closing the Convention Center, as of April 2002!

All is not lost as the exhibition of Tupperware through the ages is to be sited elsewhere. Still opportunity for that gallery to be named after my mother then:D

Mo
16-10-2002, 20:28
Sarah,

Yes the Center did close earlier this year. It is now the Osceola School of Performing Arts.

When we were there in August they were demolishing the covered walkway that links the HQ with the (former) Convention Center

orlandobabe
02-11-2002, 02:03
Thought it looked a bit quiet when we passed

esprit
02-11-2002, 03:18
That centre looked expensive to upkeep and tupperware tended to go into decline with the ascent of Ann Summers. If you were earning commission from selling something in your home, what do you think would earn you more, naughty knickers or plastic tubs!!!

blott
31-01-2003, 04:41
Update - when we were in Florida in Dec/Jan, they were digging up the front of the Tupperware building and the auction cars appeared again outside the Convention Center. The ground has also been levelled on the opposite side of the road from Tupperware but just a For Sale sign so far.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-02-2003, 22:42
Hi Blott

John thinks it would make a great HQ for OV... he does like to think BIIIIIIGGGGGG!:D

Sarah

blott
02-02-2003, 00:52
Since he posted that call centre pic, he's gone into grandiose ideas has he? :D

Actually the Tupperware building is quite vast inside and there are lots and lots of outbuildings at the back of it, so I think perhaps you should have a go at dissuading him somehow Sarah! ;)