PDA

View Full Version : Taking a car to Florida

WR1
13-10-2004, 23:57
If moveing to Florida can you import a car from the uk easily.

WR

chrizzy100
14-10-2004, 00:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by WR1
If moveing to Florida can you import a car from the uk easily.

WR
[/quote]

We imported our moterbike ......to get all the paperwork and US specks done cost around $2500...and its a Harley so you'd think it could just go striaght on the road......I have no idea of the cost of shipping because that was paid for by the company bringing us over......

WR1
14-10-2004, 00:51
Thank's Chrizzy

esprit
14-10-2004, 05:25
Why would you want to as they are cheaper here. I woukld imagine it to be a bureaucratic nightmare.

WR1
14-10-2004, 11:25
I have alot of cars paid for and these cars cost around the same if not alot more in the us.

Cruella DeVilla
14-10-2004, 14:23
Our car was imported from the US and it cost thousands of dollars, would need to check with Mr CDV later,luckily not paid by us but some millionaire German who wanted it is a play thing and left it in his garage until Mr CDV found it! It is a Crown Victoria.

agod
14-10-2004, 15:00
I enquired once about getting a Bently over there, I looked in Exchange & Mart, or Top Marques under shipping, I think, and came up with a company in Southampton, that ran a drive on, drive off service to fort lauderdale, it was very cheap they said about £700, the problem was that the car when there had to be converted to US emmision standards, but you can take a 25 year old in without any problem.
Alan

chrizzy100
14-10-2004, 18:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Our car was imported from the US and it cost thousands of dollars, would need to check with Mr CDV later,luckily not paid by us but some millionaire German who wanted it is a play thing and left it in his garage until Mr CDV found it! It is a Crown Victoria.
[/quote]

My daughter looked at a few of thoses......ex cop cars......but she went for a Monte Carlo.....shes just doing that up now.......

WR1
14-10-2004, 23:56
Thank's all I will look in exchange & mart and get back to you's.

WR

Cruella DeVilla
18-10-2004, 14:34
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

My daughter looked at a few of thoses......ex cop cars......but she went for a Monte Carlo.....shes just doing that up now.......
[/quote]

What's the Monte Carlo like Chrizzy? Owning a Crown Vic in Europe is a real head turner for some reason[confused]. Think people see the Ford badge and can't figure out what it is. Mr CDV actually looked at an interceptor a couple of years ago complete with flashing light, handy if you need to get anywheer in a hurry!!!;) Luckily ours is a dark green verging on black normal version, no flashing lights ot taxi sign!!!!!!!!

chrizzy100
18-10-2004, 18:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

[/quote]

What's the Monte Carlo like Chrizzy? Owning a Crown Vic in Europe is a real head turner for some reason[confused]. Think people see the Ford badge and can't figure out what it is. Mr CDV actually looked at an interceptor a couple of years ago complete with flashing light, handy if you need to get anywheer in a hurry!!!;) Luckily ours is a dark green verging on black normal version, no flashing lights ot taxi sign!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

The Monte is a big old yankie car......I'll hunt out a picture after I've been into town.....its in need of work....but she got a bargin....
She does like the Crown Vics....you can get beauiful nearly new ones from the New York Police dept.....at a really good price.....she like the hidden police lights...the gun holders...and the cage they sometimes leave in.....I think shes going man hunting.....[laugh]

Cruella DeVilla
18-10-2004, 20:37
Oh dear Chrizzy! She not into bikes like you?

chrizzy100
19-10-2004, 00:01
Oh dear Chrizzy! She not into bikes like you?
[/quote]

Both of my kids are into cars.....my son is studying car body repair....hes hoping to open his own shop in FL after finishing school........

I'm not that unhappy that they are not into bikes.....I know what I got up to in the biker world.....hehehehe

flyrr100
01-11-2004, 19:20
Try this:
http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/customs.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=XJS3lqph&p_lva=&p_faqid=218&p_created=1043364937&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NTczJ nBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=