PDA

View Full Version : Big Macks First Trip Part Eight

Big Mack
13-10-2004, 04:39
Well guys here is part eight, i hope you enjoy it and thank you very much for all your kind words. I can assure you that i am enjoying writing these reports as much as you seem to be enjoying reading them, so on with the show...!!

Saturday September 18th

As today had now been rescheduled as a rest day we decided to forget about all of these light breakfasts we had been having and take the opportunity to pig out at an all you can eat breakfast buffet. We piled into the bus and headed for the 192. I had Sizzler in mind but came across a Shoney’s first and as it was getting further and further from breakfast time and closer and closer to lunchtime I made an executive decision that Shoney’s would do just fine.

We were not to be disappointed as we gorged ourselves on pancakes and syrup, bacon, eggs and the funny spicy sausage, which was very nice actually. After about my third plateful the guilt started to set in and so I filled my plate full with the lovely melon (cant say I don’t eat a balanced diet!!) We finally emerged with stomachs as big as a beach ball and headed back to the ranch for some serious chill out time.

We spent the entire afternoon playing in the pool with the kids and generally having a good time. We had heard about a classic car show at old town Kissimmee, which I thought us men folk would enjoy (payback for all those Wall-Mart trips!!) so once again we got our glad rags on, boarded the bus and headed for the bright lights of the 192.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Big Mack/2004101302647_Pic10.jpg

We arrived just in time to catch all of the cars doing their cruise through the streets. We all loved it (even the women!) but my FIL especially liked it and he was able to name almost all of the cars that passed us. We had a little wander round until our stomachs got the better of us again and so we headed for UNO Chicago Grill for the second time of our trip. We had a lovely meal in UNO and a few rather nice refreshments before heading home. Well that’s where I thought we were going however the girls had other plans and within minutes I found myself pushing a trolley around Wal-Mart at around 10 o’clock at night with hundreds of other people. (Devious bunch the females in my family!)

We did finally manage to get home and yes you have probably guessed it I managed one beer before hitting the sack.

Sunday September 19th

Animal Kingdom today. Another early rise and yet another trip down Osceola Parkway but this time we could not get lost, just head straight and eventually you are there. We arrived before opening and quickly made our way through the turnstiles and security. We were disappointed to read the sign telling us that the Festival of the Lion King was closed today, that had been on my must see list. Oh well! The “Things to do when we come back next year list” was getting longer all the time. We watched Mickey and Minnie open the park in their safari suits and then I was off like a man possessed to get Fastpass’s for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I had told the rest of my family to meet me at the Primevil Whirl in Dinoland USA. Everyone else in the park seemed to be heading for the safaris as well, however as they all joined the standby line, which was getting longer by the minute, I was the first person to secure a set of Fastpass’s and so with that it was off to Dinoland.

We rode Primevil Whirl which was great fun (Reminded me a little of the Wild Mouse I used to go on years ago in Morecambe) and then we headed for Dinosaur. This is where my carefully planned itinerary came unstuck a little, Dinosaur was “Experiencing some technical difficulties” i.e. it was broken. So instead we headed straight for its tough to be a bug. This show was hilarious and we all loved it, especially at the end when you think the bugs are crawling under your bums!! We then headed for Kali River Rapids but Doh!! It was not opening until later. My plan was unravelling before my eyes. We opted to head for Kilimanjaro Safaris as we had reached our return time and so off we went. This was the one

LesleyB
13-10-2004, 08:29
Well done Big Mack, this report is great as usual. It keeps reminding me of the many parts of Disney we still have to try. Old Town is good fun, too. Thanks for the memories!

9 days and counting!

Keep them coming:D

LiesaAnna
13-10-2004, 11:19
EXCELLENT Big Mack, as usual,
how lovely, i just cannot wait to go, i love hearing your stories

thankyou:)

Ruth
13-10-2004, 12:47
Great as usual, thanks[8D]

MaggieAllan
13-10-2004, 13:18
Made me think back to a previous visit to AK. Best laugh of the day... one of our party said after the Safari..
" Well, last time we came here that road was open, they want to get it sorted, that bridge was dangerous!"
Honestly, she really said it.

And when friends were there a couple of years ago, a newbie in their party said at UStudios after Terminator...
" That was really good, trust me to sit in the seat they aim everything at!"

Just shows how convincing these parks really are ... or maybe it shows something else?

Nostromo
13-10-2004, 18:12
Another Excellent report. You have just found yet another reason to go back - to spend a few more hours at Old Town. Great pic of that car!

E. Cosgrove
13-10-2004, 22:11
It REALLY comes to life Big Mack.
Seems as if there have been a few changes since I was last at AK.:)

daisy
13-10-2004, 22:26
carnt wait for part 9 ! they have me mesmoried and more excited am am not going to next year will be first time . reading your reports is helping me to plan ours. keep them coming[msnsmile][clap]

Fletch
17-10-2004, 16:29
Great stuff - off to make a coffee before I read Part 9. Better than the Sunday papers![msnwink]