PDA

View Full Version : Big Macks First Trip Part Seven

Big Mack
11-10-2004, 21:56
Guys here is part seven, sorry about the delay but i had to work Sunday night. That will teach me for making promises i cant keep [msnembarrased]

Thursday September 16th

Well, after our long but very enjoyable day at MK yesterday this was to be a nice relaxing day spent at one of the water parks. We still had not decided which one by the time we left the villa and finally I made the decision (because no one else would) that we would do Typhoon Lagoon today. I made some pathetic excuse about it being a more relaxing park than Blizzard Beach but really, deep down inside I was running scared of SUMMIT PLUMMET!!!

We arrived at the gates for opening and began the search for a decent shady spot for my in laws to set up camp for the day. This was to prove more difficult than anticipated! There was definitely a lack of parasols but after a couple of circuits of the Lagoon I finally spotted one in the little cove area where the kids Bay Slides are. This actually proved to be a great spot because whenever us adults needed a rest the kids could play to their hearts content (and they did) on the two slides and still remain in full view of us. After a bit of off road driving in my FIL’s scooter we staked our claim on a solitary parasol and a load of loungers. The only bummer was that all the seating seemed to be on sand (I am not a sand lover) and there seemed to be millions of two headed flies (or maybe it was just two flies stuck together!!) floating around. Anyway after plastering the kids in factor duffle coat (they looked as if they had been roughcast which is one of the reasons I hate sand!) we set off in search of adventure!!

We had a few goes on Gangplank falls the family raft ride and then went on Keelhaul falls a few times. I was a bit concerned about Mayday falls as it looked like the roughest out of the lot, however my six year old daughter would not take no for an answer and came off squealing with delight. We then made our way to the other side of the park where I had to have a go on the Humunga Kowabunga. After coming off feeling as if my buttocks had just gone three rounds with Miss Whiplash we headed for the Storm slides. The kids loved these slides and we had many goes here. We then caught the lazy river and blissfully floated around to our base camp.

While the girls caught some rays the kids and I ventured into the main part of the lagoon and awaited the big wave. This wave has got to be seen to be believed. It is enormous and when you are bobbing about with just your head above water it is an awesome sight as it bears down on you. Funnily enough you are actually better off in the deeper water as I found out later on to my cost. I moved back into about two feet of water and sat on the bottom along with my son, I thought I would be safe here…boy was I wrong. The wave came, lifted my 15 stone plus right off the deck and tumbled me head over heels along the (rather rough) surface. A few grazes later and I had learned my lesson!!

We caught a bite to eat from the Leaning Palms and then we did all the rides again. One thing I really enjoyed was the shark reef. My entire group bottled out apart from my daughter who is absolutely up for anything. I did think she was being a bit ambitious and I was to be proved right. After collecting our snorkelling gear we headed round to the pool and after a bit of instruction she assured me she was ready. Well, it was the funniest thing watching her trying to put her face in the water, no sooner had her chin touched the surface than she would stand bolt upright and proclaim “See I can do it Dad!” It took a bit of explaining but finally she reluctantly agreed that she was not quite ready for the snorkelling experience and so I did it on my own. This was the first time I had done anything like this and it was totally brilliant.

After a few more rides and experiences of the big wave it was time to head home. We all agreed that TL was a great day out, it maybe just lacks a few more thriller rides but then again this was supposed to be a relaxing day. One thing we had done was

Maureen Edwards
11-10-2004, 22:46
Big Mack, Your reports are absolutely fantastic[clap] I was eagerly awaiting part 7 and you didn't disappoint us. I laughed about the kids being roughcast (or stuccoed to our US friends) I also laughed at your sore cheeks......and I welled up a bit when you said Seaworld would be one of the great days of your lives[msncry] So, I have laughed with you, cried with you and don't know what we will do when you get to the final part[msnscared] You will have to go back to tell us some more[sporty] Thanks again and don't worry about work, WE WANT MORE REPORTS[clap]

Madabouttigger
11-10-2004, 22:59
I totaly agree with Maureen, what a fantastic trip report, bring on the next day![msnsmile2]

walden64
11-10-2004, 23:15
Big Mack

I totally agree with Maureen - your reports are fantastic.
I am so pleased you enjoyed Sea World - it is my favourite park as well and Shamu Rocks America my favourite show.

Can't wait to read your next report

Michelle

Magical Dreams
11-10-2004, 23:41
Big Mack, How do you do it?

IT brought so many memories flooding back, especially the Shamu Show.

Gosh! I have a lump in my throat wrting this!!

Bravo Bravo!!

[clap][beer][clap][beer][clap][beer][clap][beer][clap][beer][clap]

Nostromo
11-10-2004, 23:44
Great Report Bigmack. Pity you did not have the 'bottle' to ride Kraken, which I rate as the best rollercoaster that I have ever been on. Still, as you say, it is a reason to go back.

emm
11-10-2004, 23:57
I really enjoy reading your reports. Loved the factor 'duffle coat' sun protection - it sounds very familiar! :)

Looking forward to your next report.

E. Cosgrove
12-10-2004, 00:26
Another great report Big Mack!!
you could get a job as a "warm up" act. your reports are certainly getting me geared up for my own trip! [clap][clap][clap][msncool][msncool]

LiesaAnna
12-10-2004, 00:34
Thanx Big Mack
you done it again!!!!!!
brilliant, we 're going to go to seaworld this year!!!
not gonna do Krakken tho[msnscared]

i take it there are still going to be more?????????
hope so, can you give work a miss for a while please, come on Big Mack get your priorities right!!!!!!!!!!!!!![msnwink]

steph_goodrum
12-10-2004, 00:50
Mack
I bet you'd give the mime a run for his money at the Clyde and Seymour show, as the warm up.
It's been great fun reading the reports - personally I think John and Roger should collate all the trip reports we've had from our guests this year, what with yours, Nostromo and many others that give us a chance not only to be fortunate enough to enjoy our own holidays but yours as well. We could take a vote on most entertaining , most informative etc.

LiesaAnna
12-10-2004, 01:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Mack
I bet you'd give the mime a run for his money at the Clyde and Seymour show, as the warm up.
It's been great fun reading the reports - personally I think John and Roger should collate all the trip reports we've had from our guests this year, what with yours, Nostromo and many others that give us a chance not only to be fortunate enough to enjoy our own holidays but yours as well. We could take a vote on most entertaining , most informative etc.
[/quote]

agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
dont do that, the expectations would be to much, i'm not a story teller!!!!!!!!
love reading others but couldnt compete.........................

Ruth
12-10-2004, 03:33
I have been looking forward to reading your next instalment all day and I was not disappointed:)Brilliant:D

MaggieAllan
12-10-2004, 12:54
Fantastic!

I really think an OV book could be published with the quality of yours and others reports.

There are loads of self help books around for smokers, stress etc etc

We could all buy one of the OV ones to take with us whenever we haven't got access to the forum - just to bring a lovely relaxed smile on our faces[msnwink]

ditto
12-10-2004, 21:35
Keep it coming Mack. Great reading!!!!! :):):)

finishrich
13-10-2004, 04:34
I think those 2 headed flys are known as "Love Bugs" they were released to eat mostiqtoes (wrong spelling, but you know what I mean). I learned that from a cast member at the Animal Kingdom, when our little boy was going round getting his book stamped at the various locations in the park.

Great report by the way

Big Mack
13-10-2004, 04:42
Hey, thanks for that. Yet another mystery solved. They were everywhere but the cast members assured us they would not bite us. Too busy "loving" each other and eating Mosquitoes.

Cheers Mack

Fletch
16-10-2004, 01:28
Really enjoyed reading all your reports on your visit. It's really whetted my appetite for what lies ahead. You have a way with words[clap][clap]