PDA

View Full Version : Terra Verde, High Grove or Glenbrook?

hedgehog
11-10-2004, 03:19
It's a long shot I know, but has anyone seen any of these communities and can offer an opinion about which they preferred and why? Also in terms of travelling time which communnity offers quicker access to Disney/Universal, or is in a nicer location, and which has the better selection of restaurants/supermarkets close by? Thank you for your help.

drew2
11-10-2004, 03:36
Both are new communities. Terra Verde is down Ponciana Bvd - about 2 miles south of the Walmart on 192. Resort community. Nice layout. High Grove is at the west end of the 192 on the 192/27 junction. Probably equidistant from Disney. Terra Verde is nearer to established shops/ restaurants, but High Grove has a lot of new development - new Walmart and some other shops and restaurants near by. So you pays your money and you makes your choice. They have differnt character but both are good communities.
Drew

domster
15-10-2004, 19:17
Have been to Terre verde and was real nice (was no villas left when we were there). Not seen High grove.

DOM

Lynne S
15-10-2004, 20:07
Terra Verde is really, really nice. We were one of the lucky one's, someone gave back word on a great lake view lot. So we got it. That was back in November last year. Going out 1st Dec to close on it, Can't wait.
[clap][clap][clap]

chrizzy100
15-10-2004, 20:58
Highgrove has grown on me.......:D
I will say I was not sure about the place first off.....but after being there a few times this year....I find the place lovely.....once the building is finishes...it will have a real holiday feel....

:D

blott
16-10-2004, 03:58
Hi Heddgehog

Welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find that all of the homes on the three OV sites has something to offer in the way of location, facilities, etc, etc so whichever you choose, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Jules
16-10-2004, 04:24
I'd have to say High Grove, but then I'm biased as we have just bought there.We go out at the beginning of November for our first holiday in our new villa.:D:D:D

Patsy
16-10-2004, 19:14
Like Julie I am a biased High Grover. Did you know you get to use a 5 star caribbean resort if you stay on High Grove with lots of extras.

Robday
17-10-2004, 00:59
Definatley Highgrove.:D

hedgehog
18-10-2004, 00:33
Thank you for all the replies. I really appreciate the unbiased views (ok so SOME are biased [^]!) I think I am favouring High Grove myself over Terra Verde and it would appear to be nearer to Disney too. Is that right?
Can I throw a third option into the ring - Glenbrook? I have a couple of options of villas to rent there. They are both a little more money than High Grove and Terra Verde. Any reason for this do you think? Is it a nicer community? Has anyone, by chance, seen both Glenbrook and High Grove to compare?
Thanks everyone.

huckleberry house
18-10-2004, 16:38
Hi Hedgehog

When is it you are thinking of going ? I may be wrong but I am not so sure that the community facilities ( swimming pool etc ) at Highgrove are built yet although each home will of course have its own pool.

Lesley

hedgehog
18-10-2004, 17:13
Hi Lesley,
We plan to take our holiday early in April! A couple of owners at High Grove have assured me that the pool and clubhouse will be completed by then. Can anyone else confirm this for me? Thank you.

huckleberry house
18-10-2004, 18:08
That I wouldnt be able to answer, with building work in Florida it would be a very brave person who would guarantee any building work completion dates although I am sure there will be some highgrovers along shortly who will know more about the current building schedule and can fill you in.

Terra Verde and glenbrook already have the facilities in place for you to look at but I would add that depending on the age of your group you may find that you use the facilities less than you thought.Communal pools can tend to be empty unless on a resort with condos and tennis courts may be little used when the temperatures are so high.Teenagers probably appreciate them more if they want to wander off on their own otherwise I would say concentrate more on the individual homes to find one that suits your family with facilites or privacy at the villa to suit your group. The distances arent too significant either given that most communities will place you within a 10/15 minute drive of the Disney parks and given how vast they are and the time you will spend at them an extra minute or two in the car will make little difference to your day.

The price differences may be due to the length of time the owners have owned the house. The first two weeks of April are Easter school dates for a large part of the UK now, some new owners may not have realised that and quoted you regular rates rather than peak rates.

Good luck with your search and have a great time, Lesley

linsan
18-10-2004, 18:10
Have visited all 3 sites whilst villa hunting and both Glenbrook and Terra Verde have clubhouses with a gym, pool, lounge etc. Terra Verde has the larger facilites and their pool area is lovely with large sun decks - this I think is due to the fact that there are townhouses on this development so the need for communal facilities is greater. Glenbrook's is smaller but adequate. When we were out at High Grove, they were still building and the communal facilites weren't started (April 2004). Position wise, Glenbrook is the furthest away as it north of High Grove although nowhere is really that far by car. High Grove also has the option of using another resort's facilities but not quite sure of that, High Grovers will be able to confirm that.

huckleberry house
18-10-2004, 18:15
Just found this previous thread about Terra Verde which has some pictures of the communal facilites and a little more info about location etc.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=12670

Lesley

KJH
18-10-2004, 18:21
Hi,

In support of Glenbrook, it is 10 minutes drive to Disney, 20 minutes to Universal and Glenbrook has just had a new Walmart build just across the road! Not to mention it is only 1 1/2 hrs from a beach. 35 minutes from MCO. Everything is in very easy reach.

Kaz

huckleberry house
18-10-2004, 18:33
Forgot to mention, if you are looking for a clubhouse be sure to ask what facilities the clubhouse offers and what hours it is open. They dont all stay open late or serve alcoholic beverages or food so depending on what you want the clubhouse for do ask rather than just assume.

Lesley

chrizzy100
18-10-2004, 23:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hedgehog
Hi Lesley,
We plan to take our holiday early in April! A couple of owners at High Grove have assured me that the pool and clubhouse will be completed by then. Can anyone else confirm this for me? Thank you.
[/quote]

I know the club house has walls....so I would think that it would be finished by April........

chrizzy100
18-10-2004, 23:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Have visited all 3 sites whilst villa hunting and both Glenbrook and Terra Verde have clubhouses with a gym, pool, lounge etc. Terra Verde has the larger facilites and their pool area is lovely with large sun decks - this I think is due to the fact that there are townhouses on this development so the need for communal facilities is greater. Glenbrook's is smaller but adequate. When we were out at High Grove, they were still building and the communal facilites weren't started (April 2004). Position wise, Glenbrook is the furthest away as it north of High Grove although nowhere is really that far by car. High Grove also has the option of using another resort's facilities but not quite sure of that, High Grovers will be able to confirm that.
[/quote]

I think a few HighGrove owners have taken the option of using the other resort...which sounds very nice.......that would be a question worth asking the person you are renting from.......

I will say that Highgrove was very clean where building work had finished.......the workers seem very tidy......it was very quiet on the finished parts.......

george
19-10-2004, 00:40
High Grove is a really lovely resort (obviously I am biased) I'm sure that the clubhouse and pool will be ready by April but as each house has it's own pool I can't imagine many people will actually use the communal pool. There is also the option of using Bahama Bay which is about 5 minutes down the road. Description of amenities listed below.

Lush Tropical Landscaping with Recreational Areas
Water features throughout the resort
17,000 sq. ft. Recreation Center and Club House incorporating:
Snack Bar
Sauna Spa Facilities
Recreation Area Fitness Center
Fully Equipped Men’s and Women’s Locker and Shower Facilities
Children’s Play Room Lounge Area
Mini Cinema and Conference Facilities
Internet Cafe
Game Room
Kiddie Pools
Lounge Area
Restaurant
Walking Trails
Tennis Courts
Volleyball
Basketball
Four Heated Pools some with their own in ground spa
Direct access onto Lake Davenport
Sandy Beach
Fishing Dock
I hope this helps.

huckleberry house
19-10-2004, 02:18
George

Is that a list of facilities at Highgrove or at the other development Bahama Bay ?

Lesley

george
19-10-2004, 02:55
That's Bahama Bay.

george
19-10-2004, 02:57
Glenbrook must be very near High Grove then because that's just across the road from the new Walmart! Yipee[clap][clap][clap]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt
Hi,

In support of Glenbrook, it is 10 minutes drive to Disney, 20 minutes to Universal and Glenbrook has just had a new Walmart build just across the road! Not to mention it is only 1 1/2 hrs from a beach. 35 minutes from MCO. Everything is in very easy reach.

Kaz
[/quote]

MarkJan
22-10-2004, 01:52
[msncool]Disney is very easy to get to from Glenbrook. There is talk of a road to Disney about 2 miles up H27 which is about 1 mile north og Glenbrook

TonyBlenk
22-10-2004, 02:12
Blatantly biased I know, but once I'd visited Glenbrook I had to choose this community.
The location, general ambience and quality of Villas is one of the best.
It's a community guests return to - give it a visit, you won't be disappointed!

neilandsue
22-10-2004, 04:10
Likewise, I must say Glenbrook ( another Biased opinion I know ), We have guests who have visited our villa in 2004 and wanting to book for 2005 only to be told that we are already booked for thoose dates, they just booked 2006 instead.

Once you visit Glenbrook you will want to go back again.

mm69340
22-10-2004, 04:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
George

Is that a list of facilities at Highgrove or at the other development Bahama Bay ?

Lesley
[/quote]

He says these are 5 minutes away so I ma guessing they are at Bahama Bay.

Michele L
23-10-2004, 21:55
Terra Verde, yes I have a villa there. Less than 5 minutes to Walmart using the back road so you do not have to touch the 192. 5 minutes to Osceola Parkway, toll road right into Disnet, such a quiet road. Minutes to 192 with loads of restaurants - but all of this on a quiet resort.

Michele

gromit
24-10-2004, 14:55
Terra Verde is a great location for everything - a big Walmart, restaurants and shops at 192, 10 minutes to Disney and only a short drive to all other malls etc. The resorts on 27 are not so close to such things at the moment but when it's developed some more it will be better than it is now, that's why we have family who have bought out there too but won't close until next year.....

huckleberry house
24-10-2004, 15:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gromit
Terra Verde is a great location for everything - a big Walmart, restaurants and shops at 192, 10 minutes to Disney and only a short drive to all other malls etc. The resorts on 27 are not so close to such things at the moment but when it's developed some more it will be better than it is now, that's why we have family who have bought out there too but won't close until next year.....
[/quote]

I dont think you can generalise on that though, a lot of resorts on the 27 have shops and restaurants very close by, Southern Dunes for example is within walking distance to a huge Wal-mart and restaurants right on the doorstep. (No Im not on the 27 myself so no bias)

Lesley

mm69340
24-10-2004, 17:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
[msncool]Disney is very easy to get to from Glenbrook. There is talk of a road to Disney about 2 miles up H27 which is about 1 mile north og Glenbrook
[/quote]

According to local realtors- this is a myth. I am on Esprit- which has gotten overlooked in this discussion which is a smidge closer to 192/27 you go left at the end of 192 and VOILA- Esprit is the first left by the Citgo and 7-11.

Also- someone else wrote we aren't near anything on the 27. Wal-mart opens the 27th of October opposite Glenbrook.

huckleberry house
24-10-2004, 17:17
I agree Karen, it is a myth and seems to be touted by agents keen to secure villa sales, unfortunately many people fall for it but I am yet to see any evidence of it in any future plans or blueprints and I have read elsewhere that Disney themselves have also denied it.

Lesley

Ruth
24-10-2004, 18:17
We have a Pubix and other shops right next to us on Highlands Reserve and the new WalMart will be close too so this is a very big generalisation. I am hoping it doesn't get too built up on the 27 personally, just a few more of the big chains of shops and restaurants would be perfect in my opinion.

The resorts on 27 are not so close to such things at the moment but when it's developed some more it will be better than it is now, that's why we have family who have bought out there too but won't close until next year.....
[/quote]

KJH
24-10-2004, 19:31
Does anyone know if Hedgehog, who started this thread ever made a choice on which community to stay?

Kaz

gromit
24-10-2004, 20:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
[/quote]

I dont think you can generalise on that though, a lot of resorts on the 27 have shops and restaurants very close by, Southern Dunes for example is within walking distance to a huge Wal-mart and restaurants right on the doorstep. (No Im not on the 27 myself so no bias)

Lesley
[/quote]

Hi Lesley

You are right about not generalising. Camilla wrote the original message and I have only just been catching up on her/our postings. We are only familiar with the section of the 27 between the 192 and I4 (as we looked at buying there) and that is what she was referring too and I guess she was trying to say that it is 'the up and coming location' - but I appreciate there are well developed sections of the 27 - its a long road.

I personally would not have written her original message as we own at Terra Verde and wouldn't want to be shot down for possible touting like some do, but I can assure you that wouldn't have been her intention.

Anyway I hope that hedgehog managed to find out what he wanted about the resorts.

Neil

hedgehog
25-10-2004, 15:00
Thank you everyone for all your insightful comments. It's been 4 years since we were last in Florida and I can see that much has changed since then! We stayed at Doral Woods near Poinciana last time and we found it too far out - the journey was very tedious. Also the 192 was being widened at the time and traffic was hideous.[msnsad]
Anyway, although I haven't booked yet I think I'm favouring Glenbrook. I haven't found much available at Terra Verde to be honest as we are after a 4 bedroom villa with a non-overlooked pool/spa and some of the villas there do not have a spa. However, I am not familiar with the area west of Disney so all the information about local restaurants etc near High Grove and Glenbrook, access to the Parks etc, is very helpful. There seems to be much excitement about the new Walmart anyway!
Journey times are reportedly 10 minutes from all three communities so, as advised, I am just trying to find the villa with the facilities I want, within budget. Orange Tree and Sunrise Lakes also seem to be great communities. Aargh! There's so much choice out there - or maybe I am just too indecisive [msnembarrased]
Thanks again everyone.

domster
25-10-2004, 23:03
seem to be more High grove owners than any others, which must tell you something.

DOM

Carla
26-10-2004, 01:15
[?][?][?]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
seem to be more High grove owners than any others, which must tell you something.

DOM
[/quote]

KJH
26-10-2004, 03:45
Could it be other resorts are smaller and more exclusive??????[msnwink]

Kaz

50sumtng
27-10-2004, 17:00
Just heard that Park Square Homes, the Terra Verde builder has been awarded 6 awards in the 2004 MAME awards, held last friday, with "Best Community" going to Terra Verde.
[clap]

gromit
27-10-2004, 19:16
Yes Paul, they have been awarded these and there are further details on the MAME and Park Square websites!

Michele L
29-10-2004, 21:08
Hi Hedgehog

I stayed at doral woods the first time I stayed in a villa and you are right it is too far out. It used to take 20 minutes to get to Walmart. However, I did like the area as it is quite peaceful - that is why when I started looking for a villa I started around the same area but made my way up towards the 192. that is when I came across Terra verde and immediately loved the location right beside Walmart using the "back road" - Oren Brown road. As my partner loves to cook we go there a lot and it takes no time at all.

good Luck with your search and WELL DOWN TERRA VERDE AND PSH!!!!!

Michele

TonyBlenk
29-10-2004, 21:27
Hedgehog.
If you're still undecided, don't forget to view the testimonials of the Villas you are looking at as this often reassures you.
Good luck with your search. ;)

tuzanne
30-10-2004, 16:36
As a Terra Verde owner I thought that I would put my few pennies worth in here.

Basically when we were looking for a new villa to buy we looked at lots of communities. We decided on TV in the end because of location and community facilities. We timed the drive from the gate of TV to the Disney gate, using the Osceala Parkway which is right next to community, and we took exactly 9 mins. I agree that if you have to travel by the 192 to get to the parks it will take a long time because of traffic.

In the end you have to consider lots of things when renting a villa. If you book well in advance you will have more choices. For the person who leave it late your options are more limited.

The advantages of booking at a known community is that you will get a good quality property and no horrible surprises. We booked a condo once on the internet which was in downtown orlando and it was so horrible when driving up to it we turned around and went to the Tourist Information Office and found ourselves another condo despite having paid up front. All the communities mentioned in this thread will be nice but you have to decide what is more important to you.

For example if having a pool which is not overlooked in any way your options are more limited. The non overlooked pools in the communities nearer the parks may have already gone and you will have to look a a community farther away.

In the end the best thing is to go on a site and do a general enquiry for the size property you want and see what replies you get from owners. You just may be restricted to what is available.

In the end all us owners are proud of our properties and think our community is the best, or otherwise why would we have picked them.

Sue

gromit
01-11-2004, 00:57
At the end of the day I agree with Sue, we are all a bit biased about our own communities and what they have to offer or we wouldn't have purchased them. I think anyone undecided just has to sit down and figure out the priorities with what they are looking for: villa facilities, resort facilities, local amenities, closeness to attractions etc. All villas vary with owners tastes etc and likewise tastes of guests vary, so there's plenty to choose from you just need a little bit of time set aside to look at the 3 Orlando Villas websites and you'll find what you're looking for.

dixie
01-11-2004, 22:38
just returned on Friday from Eagle Point, this is our second time in this 4 bed villa and we feel it has everything. Location - being very near Walmart which is a must for me and not far off the 192, also lovely pool not overlooked. Will be returning in 2006

Nikki
20-01-2005, 23:56
I am so happy I booked a villa in Glenbrook and at a great price. Apparently, it's in a great location. Easy to get to Disney and a community with beautiful properties with returning guests. Wow, what more could I ask for. Thanks for info.

KJH
21-01-2005, 02:57
When are you going Nikki, I own one on Glenbrook and I'm out there from 31st January.

It's very easy to get to anywhere from there.

Kaz

Nikki
21-01-2005, 07:24
We will arrive on Feb. 27th and I can't wait.

LiesaAnna
21-01-2005, 11:42
the choice for villas here is so well overwhelming!!!!!!
we decided to stay at Terre verda this time, it looks fabulos, but then after visiting (jadehouse) Lynne in her beautiful new villa, and looking around thought thats where we would like to spend two weeks, dont know where we would've stayed if we hadnt have gone to visit them and have a look around, such a pretty place to be as i'm sure they all are, its very difficult to decide! alot of them i have never heard of!!! but after being on this forum!!!!!!know of a lot more then before!

Sally D
21-01-2005, 12:39
I agree Liesa, it is hard picking which one to stay in, there are so many lovely villas. I would like to stay in as many as I could.

napplbaum
27-01-2005, 00:35
Is there a map or plan of the community of Terra Verda anywhere on the web? How big in size if this community? We may be interested in booking with friends and would like to try and book in walking distance from each other...

blott
27-01-2005, 02:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by napplbaum
Is there a map or plan of the community of Terra Verda anywhere on the web? How big in size if this community? We may be interested in booking with friends and would like to try and book in walking distance from each other...[/quote]If you put an enquiry on http://www.orlandovillas.com or http://www.villasflorida.com or http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com (all sites related to this forum with private home owners) and say that you're looking for homes close together on TV, then it may be possible for the home owners to liase together to sort this out for you without you doing too much apart from put in the enquiry!