PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2002 at Universal

fiona
04-10-2002, 02:59
Grinchmas' Celebration Returns to Universal Orlando

The Orlando Christmas season will again see the 'Grinchmas' Celebration at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure theme park. The event features characters from the Dr.Seuss holiday classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas and runs from Nov. 23 through Dec. 31.
During the celebration the residents of Whoville come to life and experience freak snowstorms on Mt. Crumpit, Who pudding, and Who singing.
Seuss Landing, one of five theme islands at the Islands of Adventure theme park, will be transformed into snow-capped Whoville. A procession of Whovillians will cross the island several times daily while acrobatic Seussian street performers balance stacks of holiday gift packages underneath snow-topped Truffela trees. There will also be a nightly tree-lighting ceremony, caroling, real snow and a chance to meet the Grinch and his dog, Max.
Visitors can also visit the Whoville Whobilation area, where singing and dancing Whovillians team the Grinch the true spirit of Christmas every day. Guest can also slip down the icy Mt. Crumpit Show Plummet and play in real snow at its base.
Every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evening from Dec. 12-24 visitors can also enjoy a colorful narration of How the Grinch Stole Christmas at the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Studios.

esprit
04-10-2002, 03:55
As far as I remember from last year, sliding down the Snow Plummet is unfortunately only for kids. Spoilsports, arn't they??

phaedra
18-10-2002, 21:33
My best memory of this last Christmas was some small American kids looking at the flaked ice that was rapidly turning solid and asking "Gee, is this real snow?", I didn't have the heart to tell them it wasn't!. My 3 kids are looking forward to meeting The Grinch in his lair again, he chased them round it last year, my eldest nearly wet himself laughing and he's 14 :D