PDA

View Full Version : Car hire for the disabled

heathercobbett
08-10-2004, 20:08
We have clients who require 2 cars,one adapted for the disabled.

Can you give some info on this please

daxon
08-10-2004, 20:10
Heather try the link for Car hire on the top of this site - they will do all they can to help, I know

blott
08-10-2004, 20:10
Yes, try the car rental link at the top of each forum page as Dollar definitely do cars with hand controls.

roger
08-10-2004, 21:06
I confirm we can supply any vehicle type that we offer, fitted with hand controls. There is no extra cost for this.

The controls can be requested to be on the left or the right of the steering wheel.

Simply make your request in the 'Comments' box during the order process.

ellie
09-10-2004, 13:31
First class service, as always![clap]

Ellie

heathercobbett
09-10-2004, 16:10
Thanks.Roger,he already has your details,but thought I would double check before I contacted him following his plea for more info,Very nice guy called Dave.Look out for him;going out next June

stuart
08-02-2006, 01:42
Hi Roger,

We have a guest, who's booked our villa for later in the year, ask if we can can recommend a care hire firm that has cars with hand controls. Just wondered if you can still supply this?

Many thanks

florida4sun
08-02-2006, 02:27
Yep you just have to request it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stuart
Hi Roger,

We have a guest, who's booked our villa for later in the year, ask if we can can recommend a care hire firm that has cars with hand controls. Just wondered if you can still supply this?

Many thanks
[/quote]

stuart
08-02-2006, 02:35
Thanks Martin,

We'll let Brad know.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Yep you just have to request it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stuart
Hi Roger,

Many thanks
[/quote]
[/quote]

andrewandcarole
08-02-2006, 02:48
This is good info to have - although I haven't been asked for it yet - you never know. Many thanks.

Carole

50sumtng
13-02-2006, 04:23
On a similar topic.
I have friends who have a UK disabled badge for their car.
They are in Orlando in May, do you think that it will work in the US.

thanks

blott
13-02-2006, 04:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by 50sumtng
On a similar topic.
I have friends who have a UK disabled badge for their car.
They are in Orlando in May, do you think that it will work in the US.

thanks
[/quote]It did for me Paul. But they need to hang it up over their rear view mirrow - a couple of paper clips and a rubber band should do it. [msnwink] Or they can get a US one by taking their blue badge to the local county tax office, together with photo ID and pay $15 (lasts for six months if they're staying for a long period).

orlandobabe
14-02-2006, 03:03
I have driven for the last 5 visits I have had in Orlando.

I have always used dollar cars and quite often they have had the car ready and equipped with hand controls for me. (I stress this is not Roger's fault-just the gremlins that get in the way.)

I have driven a stratus(intermediate) and intrepid (full)-both cars I liked very much-but sadly as the intrepid is not being made any more-it is no longer part of the fleet.

On this last visit I had paid for an intrepid and was given a taurus.

I do not like this car. I don't feel the door opens wide enough to allow someone who cannot walk to transfer from their chair-Also it comes with a gear stick on the wheel. As I have never used this system before-I didn't feel confident to drive one away.

Dollar gave me a Chrysler 300:D:D:D(luxury) at no extra charge. To me it was as big as a tank-and after almost being wiped off the face of the earth-because I drove in front of another car I hadn't seen-I settled down with it-and thought it was wonderful.

So that appears to be your choice at the moment if you wish to drive.

Cars where the wheelchair passanger stays seated in their chair-are phenomenally expensive-but if that is what is needed (they cost a huge amount to adapt in the UK also) then that is what they must have.

I believe there is a company called rainbow wheels.

I always take my blue badge and have just left it on the dash board-and it's been fine.