PDA

View Full Version : Big Macks First Trip Part Five

Big Mack
08-10-2004, 18:19
Monday September 13th

After our exertions at Epcot yesterday we all had a nice long lie this morning. We spent the entire day by the pool, my kids seem to think they are some sort of fish as they refused to come out of the water except for essentials like getting fed and going to the loo! We also managed to get rid of the decrepit old scooter and got a nice new one in its place. I was much more confident that this one would last the distance.

It was a good day for my FIL, he suffered a stroke 12 years ago and has since had his leg amputated. However he was determined to get into the pool and so after a bit of help from myself he was happily bobbing around enjoying his first dip in 12 years! The kids managed to entice the rest of us in at some stage of the day to play with them. We didn’t need much persuading however as the heat was incredible and we were glad to cool off.

After a light breakfast and a light lunch we were all ready for something more substantial and so we got our gladrags on (clean shorts and tee shirts!!) and headed for Charlie’s Steakhouse.

Charlie’s is very nice inside, in fact we felt a little underdressed until I noticed most other people were in shorts and tee’s as well. We were shown to a lovely table and attended to very well by our server Eric. He obviously had a better memory than me as not once did he write anything down and everything arrived just as we had ordered. We had a laugh when my FIL pointed out that there were no fries on the menu (he and my daughter will not eat anything else) We explained to Eric and after a couple of minutes looking confused he suddenly declared “Oh, you want KIDDIES fries!” We all burst out laughing and ordered seven sides of kiddies fries.

After the most delicious steak I have ever tasted Eric brought the desert tray covered in enormous slabs of all manner of cakes. We all picked what we wanted and I confidently told the girls that it was just for show and that their actual portions would be smaller. Doh! (Homer style) Wrong again. Their eyes nearly popped when Eric came back with portions that looked even bigger than the ones he had shown us.(See below!)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Big Mack/2004108141215_Pic3.jpg
We all made a valiant effort but some take out boxes were required and my chocolate cake kept me going for the rest of the trip.

(Charlie’s is very, very good and I did not have a better steak the whole holiday. However it is a bit pricey in comparison to other places and they do add 17% on automatically for parties of 6 or more.)

We headed back to the villa and I managed a couple of beers before hitting the hay feeling totally satisfied.

Tuesday September 14th

Islands of Adventure today, yippee! It was only going to be the five of us today as my in laws had opted not to go, instead they were going to relax by the pool and maybe venture out for a run in the new improved scooter!

We were up early and at IOA for it opening. We bypassed the Hulk as it looked a little extreme for first thing in the morning but I did plan to ride it later. As we walked passed it my kids got to meet Spiderman, which made my sons day, we then did the Spiderman ride. WOW! This ride was so cool, we all loved it. Doctor Doom was next except for my daughter who was not tall enough, its probably just as well as my son was not into this ride at all and came off in tears. He soon cheered up though when they got to meet loads of characters as we entered Toon Lagoon.

Many autographs and photos later we headed for a wacky looking ride called Ripsaw Falls. I eyed the dripping wet guests coming off and decided that I would video while the girls took the kids on it (Clever me eh?) Sure enough about 5 minutes later my family returned with not a dry bit of clothing on them, my kids were delighted, the girls were not. Somehow I am not as clever as I think because ten minutes later I was also drenched. (my kids are very persuasive!!)
We then headed for Bilge Rat Barges yet another water ride. A young lady in a lovely white trouser suit (w

Ruth
08-10-2004, 18:29
Another great instalment, thanks Big Mack:)You have inspired me to go to IOA at Christmas as it is the only park we have never tried and it sounds fab :)

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 18:35
I have been waiting for days for your next installment Big Mack and I was not disappointed[msnsmile2]
Pity about the Hulk though as it is a great ride, duelling dragons had exactly the same effct on me, fortunately I'd ridden the Hulk first[msnsmile2]
Looking forward to your thoughts on MK[clap][clap][clap][clap]

LesleyB
08-10-2004, 18:49
Hi Big Mack - another great installment. Must try Charlie's when we are over in October.

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 19:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LesleyB
Hi Big Mack - another great installment. Must try Charlie's when we are over in October.
[/quote]
2 weeks today Lesley[msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool]

Liam_Sandie
08-10-2004, 19:23
Another great report, wating for part 6 now!!!!![msnwink][msntongue]

Nostromo
08-10-2004, 19:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Mack
Monday September 13th

A young lady in a lovely white trouser suit (which was now almost see through!!!) declared,”Don’t do it” and then WOOOOOH! (Big girls blouse huh?)it was very good value

However this was no ordinary night, could hardly sleep for the excitement. [clap]

[/quote]

I thought you might like to see a few excerpts from your report!! :D:D[}:)][:o)][:o)][laugh][laugh]. Sorry, couldn't resist it! Great Report. [laugh][laugh]

LiesaAnna
08-10-2004, 19:41
this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i so cannot wait for the next installment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done Big Mack,:D

steph_goodrum
08-10-2004, 19:56
Hope you remember to print this off yourself Mack and put it in the memory book with the photos for the children to reread as they get older.

Ray&Sarah
08-10-2004, 22:14
Great report Mack, keep them coming.[msnsmile2]

KirstieLou
11-10-2004, 11:54
You have got to ride Hulk! Its awesome

Great report Mack