PDA

View Full Version : Bad language filter

MaggieAllan
08-10-2004, 13:00
I've just posted and thankfully checked my message and seen that I was auto edited for bad language!!
I went cold for a split second wondering what I had put because I don't swear normally, then I realised..

I had used a word ( obviously I can't use it again) which to give you a clue .. it can go before metal and you call yards this were cars are dismantled.

I did not realise that if 'part' of a word could be deemed bad language, the whole word would be removed?

It's a good job I saw the reference 'filtereed for bad language' and altered it myself before everyone on the forum thought I use expletives.

[msnwink] Moral of this tale ... preview your messages!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-10-2004, 13:08
Unfortunately the bad language filer is not very intellifgent and will happily filter bad words that are contained in perfectly good words e.g. s c r a p m e t a l.

Jill
08-10-2004, 13:16
Thank goodness this has happened to someone else. I was at the villa at Christmas and wanted to use the word 's c r a p' and could not believe that it was coming up bad language filtered and wondered if it was just as I was posting on an American computer and the spell checker worked differently. Andrew and I found it very funny as we had never realised that a word that is used everyday is harbouring such a rude word within it!

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 14:48
I wouldn't let me use the abbreviated form of the boy's name Richard but surprisingly enough I got away with "bloody". before anyone asks I wasn't using the 2 together. It was a genuine discussion in the chatroom and I was referring to the character in a book.......there will be several people who can back me up on that one[msnwink][msnembarrased]

Kiddie001
08-10-2004, 15:26
Apparently the website from that north-eastern town beginning with "S" and ending with "thorpe" has had problems being blocked.
I wont elaborate[msnembarrased]

Ian

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 17:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
I wouldn't let me use the abbreviated form of the boy's name Richard but surprisingly enough I got away with "[bad language filtered out]". before anyone asks I wasn't using the 2 together. It was a genuine discussion in the chatroom and I was referring to the character in a book.......there will be several people who can back me up on that one[msnwink][msnembarrased]
[/quote]
It's learned a new word!![clap][clap][clap]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-10-2004, 17:07
I Just taught it [msnwink]
I wouldn't let me use the abbreviated form of the boy's name Richard but surprisingly enough I got away with "[bad language filtered out]". before anyone asks I wasn't using the 2 together. It was a genuine discussion in the chatroom and I was referring to the character in a book.......there will be several people who can back me up on that one[msnwink][msnembarrased]
[/quote]
It's learned a new word!![clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 17:50
LOL John![laugh][laugh][laugh]

Cruella DeVilla
08-10-2004, 22:44
LOL John![laugh][laugh][laugh]
[/quote]

Not as funny as our experiment, oh it was naughty and childish, like looking bad words up in the dictionary!!![:I]

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 23:04
I think you knew more naughty words than me CDV[msnembarrased]
I must have led a sheltered life![msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
08-10-2004, 23:05
Liz,
It's working in a mans world makes you swear more....that's my excuse[}:)]. Hey bet you hear some choice language at deliveries though!

Ray&Sarah
08-10-2004, 23:19
Ooh yes Liz, must be some bad language going on at times.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
08-10-2004, 23:22
Usually directed at the poor man who's feet at which all the blame is laid or the poor unsuspecting child trying it's make it's entrance![msnsad][msnoo]

Ray&Sarah
08-10-2004, 23:32
Usually directed at the poor man who's feet at which all the blame is laid or the poor unsuspecting child trying it's make it's entrance![msnsad][msnoo]
[/quote]

Yes but it is the mans fault surely!!!:D[msnwink]:D