PDA

View Full Version : new communities with clubhouse / pool/waterslides?

hedgehog
07-10-2004, 17:35
Hi everyone,
We are looking to rent a three or 4 bed house next April for 8 nights and I have been trying to get a 'feel' for some of the newer communities. I definitely want to stay somewhere with a great communal pool, clubhouse and preferably a waterslide - whilst also wanting a villa with own pool or splashpool. I've come across Windsor Hills Resort and Regal Palms (at Highlands Reserve) both of which are still under development but do have waterslides. Regal Palms is probably further away from the Parks than I would prefer to be. Other than these two Windsor Palms and Terra Verde seem to be recently completed communities? Can anyone suggest any other newly completed communities with the facilities I am after? The only villa we have ever rented before was in Doral Woods and that was too far away from Disney for us. Thanks for your help. [msnsmile2]

WR1
15-10-2004, 12:07
I would go with Windsor palms even though it doesn't have the waterslide - really close to Disney Parks[msnsmile2], shops and restaurants [beer].

heathercobbett
15-10-2004, 12:27
Manors of Westridge have a large community pool clubhouse and gym (no waterslide,but that is a good idea)

Lynnes
15-10-2004, 13:17
What about Southern Dunes, no waterslide but a couple of communal pools, golf course, gym, childrens play area etc.

Champagne
15-10-2004, 19:30
We're at Highlands Reserve - only 15 minutes from Disney and 10 minutes from Animal Kingdom.

Lisa and Scott Parker
18-10-2004, 02:16
Windsor Hills is due to have a huge pool with waterslides and a beach area but I'm not sure if the pool and clubhouse will be finished by the time you travel. They have started digging it out and it is supposed to be about 200 feet long!

I heard that it was due for completion in March/April but I don't know whether the hurricanes have delayed this. It might be worth enquiring as the community is very close to Disney.[clap]

KJH
18-10-2004, 03:40
Hi

Glenbrook Resort has everything you mention, including tennis, volleyball.

Kaz