PDA

View Full Version : FATHER CHRISTMAS/SANTA

Lesley S
03-10-2002, 13:27
Does anyone know of where the best grotto with Father Christmas is? Does Disney have one, if so which parks!!!

We want to take our 4 year old there, as we are going over for Christmas and New Year

fiona
03-10-2002, 13:52
Nov 29 -31 Dec

It's Snowtime at Celebration

Now Snowing Nightly
Nightly snowfalls at 6, 7, 8 & 9 p.m. Photos with Santa at the Gingerbread House. Pet photos on Wednesday evenings. Strolling Dickens carolers and holiday entertainment.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
This popular party is held in the Magic Kingdom Nov. 29 and 30 and Dec. 2, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 and 18. The festivities, which begin at 7 p.m., include parades, marching toy soldiers, Santa, holiday shows, sweet treats, and even snow.

Every day visitors to the Magic Kingdom can see the Town Square Christmas tree with hundreds of old-fashioned ornaments and giant popcorn strands. Guest are also treated to holiday stage shows, and complimentary cocoa, cookies and a family photo.

Holidays Around the World
Traditional celebrations from a variety of cultures are featured at Epcot Nov. 23-Dec. 30.

Christmastime in the City
Visitors can find gifts, have a hot chocolate and visit with Santa at Downtown Disney Nov, 23-Jan. 2.

It may be better to try either Celebration or Downtown, but surely you are going to do Mickey's VMCP? My girls still love it at 17 and 14! No they don't see FC but they have their photo taken with all the christmas characters.

athurstance
03-10-2002, 14:07
Last year they had Santa at the American Pavilion at Epcot. They had an area to the side of the main pavilion which was all decorated round a raised platform with a large 'Santa' chair. He was very much a traditional Santa - the children (and adults if they wanted) could have their photo taken - the Disney photographer took photos but they let you take your own aswell.

Angela

Lesley S
03-10-2002, 14:51
We did MVMCP last year and it was good, but we didn't see a Father Christmas. We will be there from the 16th Dec. So we must be able to find a Santa somewhere.

Will try and look in EPCOT as we only went there to see the fireworks.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-10-2002, 13:48
Thanks for this thread, we have a four year old and a 2 year old and although we will be leaving Florida on Dec 2 I'm so pleased that we will be able to go and see Santa.

Counting the days!

Sarah

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-12-2002, 01:27
Having returned from our holiday, I have to report that we didn't actually take our children to see Santa. I know that I said that we would but when we we there end of November to 2nd December it was just too early. Our 4 year old is very excited this year and to wait approximately 1 month between greeting Santa and Christmas Day would have been too much for him.

As it happened, after a delicious meal at The Cheesecake Factory in the Mall at Millenia we saw Santa as he was going to check on his reindeer. He said hello to our son. We advised him that Santa was on vacation, relaxing before his Christmas engagements. As luck would have it, Santa was dressed in traditional red trousers but had a very loud "only-in-Florida" shirt on and no hat.

Indeed we had told our son that when we got home it would be Christmas and as we touched down in Manchester, England, on December 2nd he was eagerly anticipating presents and a tree all waiting for him!!

Had we have been in Florida mid December the it would be a "must-do", the Americans do Christmas so well... there is always next year!!!

Sarah