PDA

View Full Version : Cheap flights for airline staff

markemma
01-10-2002, 21:43
If anyone out there works for an airline we use a company called
Airperx, we have just booked tickets LGW/MCO £190 adult

tinkerbell
02-10-2002, 00:46
Does that price include tax?? I found a flight online with NorthWest Airlines for us normal people in december, for £185!! Before tax needless to say!

bellaepovera
02-10-2002, 02:51
Why would you if working for the airlines need this company for discounts? My cousin works for United and she pratically travels for free all over.From Europe i think she pays less then $40. Wow thats really cheap for Xmas time Tinkerbell wish i could come on those dates.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-10-2002, 03:00
But have you ever travelled with 'Northworst' before Tink?

tinkerbell
02-10-2002, 03:19
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

But have you ever travelled with 'Northworst' before Tink?

No! But I have flown from Melbourne, Australia to Orlando via Auckland NZ and LAX!!! Last feb, that was a blinking nightmare I can tell you! Searched left right and centre as it just happened to be ten days after the shoe bomb attempt in San Fran! Little fractious in LAX shall we say?! Had 40 mins to make connection in LAX, which for those who havn't been there is a HUGE airport! NEVER again. They were shocking, hence the price of my air fare, almost half anybody else's price at that time!!

Whats the score with NorthWest then?!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-10-2002, 13:46
We flew with Northorst a few years ago from Amsterdam to Washington and I can confidently say they have the oldest planes and the worst service we have ever experienced.

The cabin staff could do with a good few weeks as 'charm school' as they were plain rude to the passengers and seemed to think their job consisted of sitting around chatting in the galleys :(.

markemma
02-10-2002, 15:33
I used to get my flights free when our airline travelled to orlando, but unfortunately they pulled out last year so have to pay up like the rest!!!
The flights are just so overpriced for orlando its untrue.

Karen
03-10-2002, 03:06
We flew with North West on our last visit. There price was about £100 less than Virgin, who we have flown with the last 4 times. I was worried how the flight would be, but althoght the plane was a little tatty, the food was fine and the staff just as good as the Virgin staff, very helpfull and curtious. I would fly with them again.

Harmony
03-10-2002, 13:05
We flew with NorthWest and swore never again.

Return connecting flight the plane had a fault, could not be fixed, we had to wait for another aircraft. The airport shut down due to late hour and we were left with a dark airport and no shops or services. 2 hours later after many compliants a trolley with tea, coffee, and snacks was brought out; just as they called us to board the plane. Due to the delay our crew had run out of time and a new crew had to be called in. They were not happy at being called and took it out on the passengers. We sat on the plane another 1 1/2 hours before taking off. :(

To cap it all when we got back to UK they sent our luggage to cargo and we had to wait ages for it to be found and returned to us. :( We did wonder if we had just been unlucky but from what others have said I think they are just a bad airline.

Good Luck to anyone flying with them.

porky
03-10-2002, 15:25
Although I always refer to Northwest as Northworst, they're really no worse than any other airlines. I've flown with them many many times (hubby regularly flew their LGW MSP flight so notched up lots of miles). I've had 24 free tickets with them so of course I've used them.:D
True, the aircraft are a bit on the tatty flight and the aircrew look as if they've either escaped from Battersea dogs home or are old enought to be my mum:D:Dbut they try hard.

The best flight I had with them was when 4 of us flew free in business class. My son had just had his leg out of plaster the day before we went on hol so was stiff and still on crutches so we asked if he could have a seat with a bit more leg room. They wouldn't let him sit in an exit because of the regulations, which we said we understood, so they put us all in business class. We were thrilled, especially as we were all travelling on free tickets anyway.

On the way back we made him hobble on his crutches to see if we could pull off the same stunt again. Yep, we got upgraded again.[:p]He wouldn't let us break his leg again next year though:D

Jacqui