PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon ideas

joanna
05-10-2004, 20:32
Hello Everyone,
I am going out to Orlando next September on my honeymoon and just cannot wait! It will be my first, long awaited, trip. I was hoping that someone may be able to suggest some romantic places to go/eat. We want it to be as special as possible!
Also never having been before, are the Visa Waiver forms easy to fill out? Is it really intense going through immigration? I have heard all kinds of horror stories and just wondered what the experts had to say?Any help would be much appreciated!

heathercobbett
05-10-2004, 20:37
Joanna,why dont you get married in Florida? It is really simpleand stress free.

Also,almost guaranteed sunshine for your wedding photos.

You can always rent several houses in the same community to accommodate your overspill

Ann-Marie
05-10-2004, 20:45
Hi Joanna

Visa Waiver Forms are a doddle to fill in and immigration is not as bad as it sounds. Sometimes you can get someone really chatty then there are others who don't have much of a personality, just be polite and answer when questioned.

Don't worry just have a great time. I'm sure there will be plenty of people here to give you ideas for your honeymoon - you'll have a fantastic time:D

sam2112
05-10-2004, 21:17
Hi Joanna,
were getting ,married this Dec in Florida, decided on Friday the 10th as were going to Mickeys Christmas Party that night, this way there's no hasstle and no big expense
hope your turns out dandy[8D]

Nostromo
05-10-2004, 21:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by joanna
Hello Everyone,
I am going out to Orlando next September on my honeymoon and just cannot wait! It will be my first, long awaited, trip. I was hoping that someone may be able to suggest some romantic places to go/eat. We want it to be as special as possible!
[/quote]

Congratulations Joanna and all the best for your BIG DAY!

Since this is a special occasion, you might want to go to special places to dine/wine.

- Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian Resort is a very classy if expensive place to visit.

- If you enjoy seafood, consider Narcoosee's at the same resort. Great view of the lagoon and the Electric Water Pageant.

- California Grill at the Contemporary Resort also has great food and atmosphere.

- If you two are gourmets, do not miss Chefs de France at Epcot. This is a personal favourite and probably the best restaurant in Orlando.

- For a more informal, lively atmosphere, Latin Quarter at Universal's City Walk is excellent, especially on weekend nights.

- Ming Court on I-drive is a very classy Chinese reastaurant, now with an improved wine list.

- If you don't mind a longish (45 mins) drive, Houston's in Winter Park has a great view from the bank of Lake Killarney.

Have a wonderful time. :):)

Magical Dreams
06-10-2004, 01:29
What about a Hot Air Balloon Ride?

I was speaking to a guy last week who had just come back and he said it was amazing!!
Champagne Breakfast/Brunch

What could be better??

Unless you are scared of heights!!

They also do weddings in the Balloons as well so I hear!!

Hope you have a fantastic time what ever you get up to!! [lucky][lucky]

magicgirl
06-10-2004, 01:35
My Daughter and Son in Law did a Hot Air Balloon ride and a day at Discovery Cove. They also spent a few days in a hotel on the beach just down from Clearwater.

We actually all went together as we had booked this holiday before they decided to get married. The holiday was for our silver wedding anniversary.

A large villa gave us all the privacy we needed and even though we did things together we also split up and did things apart.

linsan
06-10-2004, 02:46
We're getting married at our villa next year. We're having a late afternoon ceremony with cake and champagne. Stretch limos are then taking the wedding party to Boardwalk for an evening meal and then chartering two launches to take us onto the lake at Epcot for the firework display (Illuminations).

LiesaAnna
06-10-2004, 02:49
ahh its all fairytale stuff!!!!!!!
sounds so lovely,

Nostromo are you spoken for...;)

MaggieAllan
06-10-2004, 12:12
All the best to the couples getting married - and honeymooning in Florida - as Liesaanna says it is fairytale stuff!

It certainly beats ours - 7 rainy days in Sept 84 - Torquay.

I think it's great these days that there are more and more options and the younger generation think nothing (subject to finances of course) of going abroad for hen & stag parties, weddings & honeymoons.

We are making up for it by celebrating our significant wedding anniversaries abroad - I'm planning our silver already(5 yrs to go).

Just had a thought though - our kids are 17 - son - and 13 - daughter - so best get saving for their weddings...honeymoons...but before that..uni..18ths..21sts..hen & stag parties...and after... grandchildren.

Oh well - maybe our silver should be another week in Torquay!!!!!!

Seriously, hope all of you have wonderful time - friends of our went hot air ballooning and would definately recommend - although it is an early start!

And we all want to see photos of these weddings and honeymoons please.

Nostromo
06-10-2004, 12:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

Nostromo are you spoken for...;)
[/quote]

Have been for the past 28 years. :):):)

joanna
06-10-2004, 16:04
Thanks to everyone for their replies, I like the sound of having a nice meal whilst watching the fireworks. Are we able to do this?
The hot air balloon ride is also a great idea.
Of course I will post pics of both wedding and honeymoon, thanks to you all I am sure we will have a great time!

Nostromo
06-10-2004, 16:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by joanna
Thanks to everyone for their replies, I like the sound of having a nice meal whilst watching the fireworks. Are we able to do this?
[/quote]

Yes, of course. The aforementined California Grill is on the top floor of the Contemporary Resort. If you book a good table there, it offers excellent views of the 'Wishes' fireworks display at Magic Kingdom.

Likewise, Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian Resort is brilliant for viewing the Electric Water Pageant.

pieman790
06-10-2004, 17:15
We went to Florida for our Honeymoon some 15 years ago.
We did the cruise to the Bahamas from Miami and had a great time.They have some of the best beaches in the World not to mention the clearest sea water i have ever seen. We went there and back in the same day but you could spend a few days there.
good Luck

LiesaAnna
06-10-2004, 17:26
[/quote]

[/quote]

ahh she's a lucky lady!!!!!!!!!

Nostromo
06-10-2004, 18:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

[/quote]

[/quote]

ahh she's a lucky lady!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Thank you, but I think the luck is really mine. She is a fine woman.[^][^]

domster
06-10-2004, 21:38
We had our honeymoon in florida

1 week in Orlando
1 week in Ft Lauderdale

was great:D

DOM

Michele L
06-10-2004, 22:19
How about Paccino's on the 192?. You can hire their little "vault room" which is like a mini-cellar. it only holds one table and you get your own waiter etc. I think it costs $50 which is not bad and the food is great not a chicken wing in sight!! Been there 3 times now and it is great -photographer comes around, live music at your table (and this is just the normal tables.)

daisy
06-10-2004, 22:20
hi joanna ,we are also getting married having honeymoon in florida next year it will also be the first time out there for us.am so glad have found this forum there is loads of useful info on.we are looking to go out to st petes beach to get married it looks lovely havent made mind up yet though spoilt for choice ! hope you both have a wonderful time.
[msnsmile2]

LesleyB
07-10-2004, 02:19
We have just had a phone call from our honeymooner guests who returned from Florida this morning. They said the absolute highlight of their trip was their day at Discovery Cove. Said the experience was superb, a real 'chill-out day'.

They had an eventful trip, encountering Hurricane Jeanne during their stay and watching a little 'air rage' on their flight back. They thought the little bit of Florida that they managed to see was fantastic and are already planning their next trip back to explore further afield.

joanna
07-10-2004, 20:26
You are all full of great ideas! When would I need to book tables at California Grill and Grand Floridian Resort, likewise to Vault Room at Paccinos, should I do it before we go or when we get there/ All three sound fantastic.
We have a day at Discovery Cove booked and I must admit it is the thing I am most excited about, although I would love to swim with manatee's also.Does anyone know where we could do this. Would anyone recommend it?