PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with a baby

millie
30-09-2002, 01:47
Has anyone got any tips for travelling with an 18 month old? We are travelling with Virgin.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-09-2002, 01:56
We've travelled with ours from about 5 months old and had no major problems.

A great tip is keep a bottle of milk for just after take off and for the descent as it stops their ears from hurting too much due to the swallowing. Make sure you have plenty of milk handy and jars of food. Also keep some Calpol handy just in case.

The flights back is always easier as it's usually overnight and the child will sleep for most of it.

We always take enough milk powder for the whole holiday as the US baby milk is very different from that in the UK (smells very like iron). Also take a good supply of nappies as the brands are different and we found the US nappies more prone to cause a rash.

Other than that, try and relax as much as you can (I know it's easy to say!).

SHEEP
17-03-2003, 01:39
When are you going,we went in feb and the flights were empty so we asked and got 2 extra seats+child seats for our 15 month old twins free!!!,i got great advise from this site and as they say the main thing is to chill its ony 9 hours out of possibly 2 weeks!and to be honest we were so busy occupying our twins that the time seemed to go really quick,as to the nappies we found them better than here to go with about everything else,only thing is trying to get decent food for a young child,try publix they have a good selection of foods for babys/toddlers(ideal for the parks)

bellaepovera
17-03-2003, 01:50
Bring lots of little toys or your babys favorite as i always brought legos (lost a few every flight) but they seem to occupy their time for awhile and just have lots of patience. Use to walk around the airplane at least 25 times to tire them out.