PDA

View Full Version : International Food & Wine Festival

MaggieAllan
04-10-2004, 13:44
I see the Wine & Food festival is soon on at Epcot - 4 Oct to 14 Nov - this would be a must if only I was there - we've really enjoyed it on previous visits - make sure you go if you are in the area during the dates stated.

Magical Dreams
14-11-2004, 01:59
We was there last year!!

Good experience, plenty of freebies if you are in the right place!! [drinkbeer]

Alot more things going on than normal, bands playing, side shows etc.

Really busy on certain days!!

Newhomebuyer
14-11-2004, 12:42
We went for the first time this year and enjoyed it so much we are thinking of changing our dates to include that period next year. It also helped that the weather is perfect at that time of year.

CarolAnn
14-11-2004, 13:46
We love the Food& Wine festival, as October was "our" time to go until recently, moved to Easter now as our daughter is older.
But the question we have always had is "who has heard of the tradional English desert of Lemon Poset"(think that was the spelling?)

Nostromo
14-11-2004, 13:47
I've never been to this festival. Sounds interesting and delicious. Wish I was there. :(:(

george
16-11-2004, 02:06
We were there this year it really was good ! We saw Kool and the Gang playing live that was the highlight of my holiday because they were my absolute favourite group when I was about 19 !

Pamela

brizzle
17-11-2004, 00:32
I tried a few things Sunday, the best being Cheddar Cheese Soup in Canada.
Lovely although very much like a thick cheese sauce with bits of leek and 'stuff'

Mmm.

I also tried some 'local' Cheddar at the Amrican pavillion and a sign of 'did I know that Cheddar is named after a small town in England'. I did indeed know as I live a short drive away.
And the Cheddar sample was not as good as our good old Cheddar, call that mature and tangy...pah, it came nowhere near to blowing my head off. :D

Brizzle

SunLover
17-11-2004, 07:21
Hehehe, I know what you mean Briz... if it doesn't take the lining off the roof of your mouth, it's not really a mature cheddar :D

But as always, the Food & Wine Festival was a great event, and there were some really yummy things to try... which of course we did !!!