PDA

View Full Version : garage or games room?

domster
03-10-2004, 18:56
have seen a long thread on this site and wanted to know if when you book you would rather have a games room (in the garage), or space to park your car?

i am assuming the games eqpt can be moved.

DOM

Carla
03-10-2004, 19:40
There's a very recent poll on this subject Dom:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=14040

blott
03-10-2004, 19:48
It's here http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=14040

E. Cosgrove
03-10-2004, 19:51
Having read, marked, learned and inwardly digested the recent epic about this subject I think that my preference would still be a games room, and eventually we will get around to doing that when our villa is completed ( it won't be an immediate priority tho')
However I will be sure that my guests are aware that the garage has been converted to a games room and will let them know if the equipment can be moved or not.

domster
03-10-2004, 23:13
Ok guys,

My mistake, I never checked using the search engine before I posted it.

I will go away and beat myself as punishment!!!![V]

DOM

kitty
18-10-2004, 02:47
we have booked a villa on here for 2006 and one of the things we were looking for was a games room,as it has it the villa we have booked has something for all of us,my husband especially the pool disco lights.

CarolAnn
18-10-2004, 12:51
Personally, I wouldn't care about a games room at all. But if guests have the choice, and a number of choldren in the group,I am sure most would choose to have one.

chrizzy100
18-10-2004, 18:42
My friends neigbour just had a cute booking......the people wanted a large house with an empty garage......to keep an eye on their kids while getting them into the car......they have 6..yes 6 babies 2 years old.....what a hand full.....[msnsmile2]

daxon
18-10-2004, 18:48
Whoah!!! Parents obviously didnt have a games room when they went on holiday a couple of years ago[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-10-2004, 19:03
We aim to please Lorraine [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
we have booked a villa on here for 2006 and one of the things we were looking for was a games room,as it has it the villa we have booked has something for all of us,my husband especially the pool disco lights.
[/quote]

kitty
18-10-2004, 20:39
Thank you its a pity we didnt come across this web site before we booked last year for florida this year as i am sure things would have been quite different with all the help everyone gives you,i am quite attached to it all now and am on here whenever i get chance before my children come in from school.Thanks once again

Nostromo
18-10-2004, 23:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
Thank you its a pity we didnt come across this web site before we booked last year for florida this year as i am sure things would have been quite different with all the help everyone gives you
[/quote]

There is an old proverb, "Better Late Than Never" :):). I went to Orlando 4 times between 1991 and 2001 before I found this site last year. Now I think that this is the best thing since sliced bread and Google.

kitty
19-10-2004, 12:58
we have only been to florida once but i feel that i know it really well now after checking the forums,when we went in july we had no idea what to expect,and as for driving to the villa we had booked we nearly ended up in the divorce courts trying to find it, still not bad landing at 5 getting there at 10pm from sanford is that a record or what.I spend most of the time studying the driving page now so we wont have that problem again,mind you i know we will be given the proper driving directions from the villa owner we have booked with for 2006.

domster
19-10-2004, 21:37
Just as I thought most would want the games room onstead of parking. But like someone told me this thread has been mentioned many times before.

So I will sign off!

DOM:)

christhear
19-10-2004, 23:17
[drinkpepsi]

on the subject of games rooms in garages DO they get too stuffy etc. in the heat of the summer.
How do people get around this ??.

Nostromo
19-10-2004, 23:49
We were there in April/May and it was pretty hot, but the garage Games Room in our Orange Tree villa seemed very comfortable and certainly nor stuffy. It was not A/C, but it did not occur to us to find out how!

bryj
22-10-2004, 02:18
some garages certainly do get warm and stuffy, but this helps you get more spin on your table tennis ball.
signed G Boycott

chrizzy100
22-10-2004, 03:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
[drinkpepsi]

on the subject of games rooms in garages DO they get too stuffy etc. in the heat of the summer.
How do people get around this ??.

[/quote]

A lot of people that rent have south facing backyards....so maybe the games rooms in the garages are not so hot........I could never have one in mine......its like an oven most of the day......