PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party

Nigel W
02-10-2004, 19:04
We went to the Halloween party last night and I was pleased with the excellent value for money it was! The parade was good and the fireworks were absolutely fantastic and with a queue no longer than 5 minutes for a ride. It was nice to go on thunder mountain and see all the park light up. All in all a great night out and very hassle free. (I will try and get some pics on later when I fully wake up).

LesleyB
02-10-2004, 19:20
Hi Nigel

That is good to hear - we have tickets for later on in October. What time did you arrive? Will they let people in before 7.00 pm do you know?

steph_goodrum
02-10-2004, 19:45
Lesley
the park closes at 6 and reopens at 7 so if you want to gon in earlier than 6 you have to use a Disney park day (from your hopper or whatever) whereas if you arrive after 7 you dont have to have a park admission ticket. If you have annual tickets you may want to go in earlier, if you are there at 6 they have a separate area where you can wait for an hour before the park reopens but they have to prepare it (put out all the treat stops etc).
We were still eating the sweets weeks later we had so many of them.

LesleyB
03-10-2004, 00:01
Thanks for the info - getting excited already:D

Nigel W
05-10-2004, 00:01
sorry i have tried a few times to put a few pics up but it wont let me or it takes too long ill try again when i get back

Compo
05-10-2004, 02:55
Hi Nigel, we are going to MNSSHP on 20th Oct. Do many people dress up or will the kids feel out of place in their costumes? Sounds like a good night, can't wait[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Nigel W
05-10-2004, 07:34
Most kids were dressed up but not so many adults, either way you wouldnt feel out of place. With it being closer to Halloween though I would say more people would be dressed up.

LesleyB
05-10-2004, 10:39
One of our first shopping trips on arrival will be to get costumes and face paints for our two kids (can't persuade my husband to dress up though[msnwink])

Kiddie001
05-10-2004, 12:44
where are tickets available? - We fly on 18th Oct,just wondering whether we need to pre-book tickets or will they be readily available?

cheers

Ian

steph_goodrum
05-10-2004, 13:04
We went on 31st last year and although Mick said there is no way he would ever dress up, once he saw all the other adults he said he wouldnt have minded (plus they give you extra sweets at the treat stops if you've made the effort.)

Ian
You can get the tickets from the Disney website, some nights are already sold out but you might be able to get some for one of the nights of your trip.

Lesley
Do you have a Poundland near where you live, you'll find they have a great selection of Halloween stuff (and guess how much it costs?). Depending on when you are going you might find the shops are getting low if you leave it till you get there, we found that last year arriving on 27th Oct.

LesleyB
05-10-2004, 17:14
Hi Steph

We arrive 22 October - we did think about getting them here and taking them out with us, but wanted the kids to get in the spirit of things out there. I think there is a Poundland in town, so might take a look at the weekend - thanks.:D

debbie
10-10-2004, 01:04
We have been to Disneyworld many times and last weekend tried Disneyland Paris for the first time. Our two boys aged 7 and 10 tested the water first, in normal clothes and then dressed up after lunch. The results were fantastic! There were smiles and screams wherever we went. We never expected so much effort for Halloween - it was just incredible! I should imagine the same or better in Orlando. We love Disney full stop!!

Debbie[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
10-10-2004, 16:42
Don't forget in Orlando (I dont know if Paris does them) to stop at the family photo spots, I think there were 3 but we only went to 1 where they will take a picture of your group (FREE) and post it to you. Ours arrived a few days after we got home to UK, its another memento for the family album.

Nigel W
10-10-2004, 21:36
we did that steph and ours was home before us and it was free.

CERICROWLEY
11-10-2004, 00:25
We're going out 27th Oct and coming back the 31st Oct. (short stop! villa business to take car of) We booked our tickets for the Halloween party with disney direct. We can't go the 31st as we were flying back but they told us it fully booked anyway, no party on the the 30th Saturday is a busy day anyway I think!! so we booked the 29th. Tickets were in short supply then. (we booked about 1 week ago)