PDA

View Full Version : our trip 11/09/04 to 25/09/04

m1ke
29-09-2004, 18:50
Well here goes my first attempt at trying to express my opinion on Florida I hope I dont upset anyone :-).
Let me start by saying the first words that came from our mouths when the plane touched down at Sanford were 'never again', 9 hours is just too long to be stuck in a plane even with loads of films, tv and music. Boy would we eat those words:-).
<span style=&#39;color:blue&#39;>THE 2 FAMILIES</span id=&#39;blue&#39;>
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/m1ke/2004929142717_the2families.JPG

First thing everyone noticed was the blanket of heat that hits you as soon as the aiport doors open WOW!!!!this was 7.30pm!!!. the car pickup was easy even though there wasnt actually a jeep there ready for us, it only took about 20 mins for them to clean one up &#39;of sorts&#39; and then we were on our way. Now no laughing but we managed to miss the turn off for the 417 and ended up going down some other roads might of been 17/92 something like that ,but anyway we eventually ended up on Poinciana boulevard and from there on we knew where we were going. Crescent lakes is Awesome, Quiet, spotlessly clean and just so damn pretty!.pulled up outside this villa we booked &#39;are you sure this is it&#39; came from one of our party. The place was huge, the master bedroom with on-suite bathroom looked almost as long as the whole of our modest 3bed detached house :-). So all was positive up to now.
<span style=&#39;color:blue&#39;>Maria and Our lads</span id=&#39;blue&#39;>
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/m1ke/200492914286_wifewithmylads.JPG

Well we got up sunday all refreshed and headed out to see a few sights on in the wifes terms &#39;SHOPPING&#39; Maria was in heaven she could not believe how cheap everything was!, example i paid £38 for a pair of nike sandals in england In Orlando £12 with Tax!!. Petrol/gas about a pound a gallon!! Unbelievable ,needless to say we came bck to the UK with Two more large suitcases full of clothes than we went with. Next the food If you cant find a place to eat in Orlando you dont like you have serious eating disorder:-), we tried a couple of places Dennys, ponderosa and the golden corral , after the first time in the Corral the kids as good as said &#39;that is it we eat hear or nowhere!&#39; , they absolutely loved it:-), The fact they could just get what and how much they wanted of anything ,and the fact it only cost $10 each sealed it.
<span style=&#39;color:blue&#39;>Maria and daughter</span id=&#39;blue&#39;>
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/m1ke/2004929142937_wifeanddaughter.JPG
I cant really talk about the theme parks too much purely because there is just too much of them to really give a honest opinion, in 2 weeks we didnt even scratch the surface. We did seaworld first ,fantastic it was worth going just for the whale show, this is a bit of a blur but I think it was the kraken that cost me a contact lens the only ride I ended up having to close my eyes on.:-) and we went on a lot of rides.we did all the universal parks and seaworld and Busch Gardens which was maria,s favourite (she loves animals) she spent 30 minutes just watching the tigers:-).
My favourite was islands of adventure the water rides are great fun , we only found out afterwards that people could pay in machines to squirt you while you were on the ride &#39;brilliant&#39; we promptly got $20 dollars of quarters and spent about an hour doing the same to others on the ride &#39;great fun.&#39;
<span style=&#39;color:blue&#39;>Myself and Maria</span id=&#39;blue&#39;>
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/m1ke/2004929143024_meandMaria.JPG
The only thing which i though was a bit of a rip-off was the sharks restaraunt in seaworld $300 to eat while watchng sharks swimming is extortionate considering we all needed some more food not 2 hours later:-(. But thats

chrisj
29-09-2004, 19:00
Did you manage to eat it all[:O]

Mo Green
29-09-2004, 19:07
Sound like another family hooked on Florida Mike. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Maureen
http://www.orlandovillas.com/villaview.asp?villa=1267

LiesaAnna
29-09-2004, 19:37
Mike
this is a really lovely trip report....
sounds like you and your families had the time of your lives,we want to see more pics of all of you and now i'm well jealous still did i mention before only 70 days till we go!!!!!!![beer]

AngelaB
29-09-2004, 20:13
Someone please tell me that isnt an individual portion of creamy something cake[:O]

Twelvetree
29-09-2004, 21:45
Hello Mike
I really enjoyed reading your trip report and am delighted that you all had such a good time.
The pictures are lovely.
We started off like you, going as a family holiday and have now finished up owning two villas in Florida........ so start saving now!!!![msnsmile2]

huckleberry house
29-09-2004, 22:11
Fantastic report Mike, so glad you had such a good time, and your pictures are BRILLIANT[8D]

Lesley

blott
29-09-2004, 22:40
Really pleased you had such a great holiday! A perfect description of Florida for you - gets you every time! :)

Newhomebuyer
29-09-2004, 23:02
Thanks for the trip report Mike, it was really enjoyable reading.
It is amazing the way the place just hooks some people and not others. I became an addict the first time we went. It has cost us a fortune and we are now less well travelled than our friends but we wouldn't change it for the world (literally ;))

m1ke
29-09-2004, 23:30
chrisj.."Did you manage to eat it all[:O]"

<span style="color:blue">Guiltily I must say not quite[:I] but I had a really good try, left about quarter of it[msnsad]</span id="blue">

AngelaB... "Someone please tell me that isnt an individual portion of creamy something cake"

<span style="color:blue">dont fret it was only apple pie with fresh whipped cream.ehhhhmmmm[msnsmile2][clap]</span id="blue">

LiesaAnna..."i'm well jealous still did i mention before only 70 days till we go!!!!!!!"

<span style="color:blue">I am totally <span style="color:limegreen">Green</span id="limegreen"> now thanks to you!![laugh]</span id="blue">

Saving up for next time Mike

E. Cosgrove
30-09-2004, 01:17
I remember the comment you made on another thread about going to Europe in future Mike. [msneek]
I am so glad you had such a fantastic time and that you have changed your mind and become another Florida convert:D
As for the flight, it seems to get easier every time you do it ( i am sure someone will cotradict me on that one[msnwink]
Loved your photos.

Ruth
30-09-2004, 03:39
Glad you had such a brilliant time Mike and that Jeanne didn't spoil it for you[clap]

KirstieLou
05-10-2004, 20:51
Glad you had a brilliant time

I love the spa picture. Very chilled out!