PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Universal from Hampton Lakes

Wandsworth Wizard
29-09-2004, 17:47
I will be staying at HL for 2 weeks from 16th Oct. What would be the best route from HL to Universal. Thank you in anticipation.

Nostromo
29-09-2004, 18:25
From Hampton Lakes, you have a choice of two routes. The slightly shorter would be to go North on US27 till the exit to US192 East; carry on till you join Interstate 4, following signs for I-4 East. Go East on I-4 till Exit 74A (which I personally prefer to Exit 75 - see below) and turn right into West Sand Lake Road (but going east yourself). Quarter of a mile ahead, turn left into Universal Boulevard and carry on following signs to the car park. I suggest Priority Parking, which saves you 10 minutes or more in walking.

The second route is slightly longer but probably easier. Turn left out of HL and go South on US27. Join I-4 at its Exit 55, once again following signs for I-4 East. This time you will have a longer drive on the Interstate, but use Exit 74A into Universal as above.

Although Exit 75 is slated as the 'Universal Exit' for those parks, I have often found slowing cars backing-up on the ramps and causing delays for getting into the car parks. I have always found exiting at 74A much quicker to get in, park and be off.

Wandsworth Wizard
29-09-2004, 21:53
Thankyou. I assume that you have to extra for priority parking.

Nostromo
29-09-2004, 22:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Wandsworth Wizard
Thankyou. I assume that you have to extra for priority parking.
[/quote]

Yes, $4 extra. Normal rate is $8 & PP is $12. But it is worth it. You get to the level quicker, get your spaces sooner and are closer to the parks. Overall, you save 10 to 15 miutes in time and avoid a lot of aggro.

KirstieLou
05-10-2004, 17:19
Be careful when you come out of Universal. I get lost EVERY time. There are no directions telling you where you are heading

Wandsworth Wizard
05-10-2004, 17:37
I expect we will get lost, we usually do.