PDA

View Full Version : Best way to spend New Years Day

ian4cnw
29-09-2004, 02:53
With 13 of us for New Years Day ranging in age from 60 something to 8, whats the best way to spend New Years Day?

I guess ideally we'd want a slowish day, return to our home for a late afternoon snack and rest followed by an action packed evening!

Your thoughts

Many thanks

brizzle
29-09-2004, 15:20
New Years Day would be spent recovering for me.
Do you mean New Years Eve? ;)

If so my choice would be to go to Epcot.
This way you can celebrate numerous News Years Eve's at the pavillions in the World Showcase as and when the New Year hits in that respecitve country.
The Illuminations fireworks are meant to be a special version as well.

I think it does get busy early though, so the option of spending the day at the villa then going later in the afternoon/evening may be scuppered if the park is full. I've heard rumours of it being full by 11am!!!!

Brizzle

Cruella DeVilla
29-09-2004, 15:50
In bed.

stabard
29-09-2004, 18:26
WE have decided to avoid Disney for the New Year as way too busy. Think we may be going to Old Town instead - not sure yet. Have to say I haven't even considered New Years DAy yet so will watch this space with interest although I agree that I can not see us doing anything too energetic[msnwink]

CERICROWLEY
29-09-2004, 18:44
We have been twice now New Years Eve to Epcot. First time it rained all night but didn't mind, we were all wet and the park was slightly quieter. Fab fireworks. Second time was hot and humid, and very busy. People started sitting down and waiting for the fireworks about 10.00pm. This was a long wait. We decided to try and get a good seat,then and we took it in turns to fall asleep until 12.00. Decided this year to have a change and try Universal this time. We all sleep in a bit New Years day,our sleep in is 8.30 and took our time and went to typhone Lagoon, to relax a bit.[|)]