PDA

View Full Version : Dublin to Miami

sonofsos
28-09-2004, 22:37
Just got a great deal on flights for next year going from Dublin to Miami.
Go Thursday 30th June from Dublin to Heathrow and then direct to Miami and return on Saturday 23rd July. Flying with Bmi to Heathrow and then with British Airways to Miami.

Total cost for 3 adults and 1 child was £1193 :D:D

Only 93 days till our Christmas visit and 282 days till our summer visit :D :D

shenon
29-09-2004, 18:11
sounds like a good deal to me:D

Southsider
01-10-2004, 01:02
How much will it cost you to fly to Dublin though? The no frills airlines have very tight restrictions on luggage weight. I know someone that had to pay £300 for their luggage.

Tricia

sonofsos
01-10-2004, 02:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Southsider
How much will it cost you to fly to Dublin though? The no frills airlines have very tight restrictions on luggage weight. I know someone that had to pay £300 for their luggage.

Tricia
[/quote]

Will cost me nothing seeing we live in Northern Ireland :D

rainyday
05-10-2004, 23:12
Aer Lingus have just started offering a Dublin-Orlando (MCO) service and prices can be really cheap (#8364;1,350 or £900) for 2 adults plus 2 children. Other big advantage is being able to clear US immigration in Dublin and just walk on through in the US.

06-10-2004, 00:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rainyday
Aer Lingus have just started offering a Dublin-Orlando (MCO) service and prices can be really cheap (#8364;1,350 or £900) for 2 adults plus 2 children. Other big advantage is being able to clear US immigration in Dublin and just walk on through in the US.
[/quote]

They are only selling flights up to May 2005 according to the web site though??[msnscared]

rainyday
06-10-2004, 01:28
Yes, it is initially a winter service only. I thought it was worth mentioning as some people may want to go before next May.

06-10-2004, 01:54
Yes, it is initially a winter service only. I thought it was worth mentioning as some people may want to go before next May.
[/quote]

I agree, hopefully it will be a year round service soon!

belfastbob
06-10-2004, 02:43
does anybody have any info on aer lingus flights?we are due to fly to orlando at christmas from dublin/boston/orlando.we have never flown from dublin before. any advice,info,etc,much appreciated

06-10-2004, 10:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by belfastbob
does anybody have any info on aer lingus flights?we are due to fly to orlando at christmas from dublin/boston/orlando.we have never flown from dublin before. any advice,info,etc,much appreciated
[/quote]

Have a look at the home page, here the link..........

http://www.aerlingus.com

Rich-n-Ang
06-10-2004, 14:42
[/quote]

How do you clear US immigration in Dublin ?

MaggieAllan
06-10-2004, 14:52
Had to go hunting...

From Dublin airport website...
Dublin Airport introduced its pre-clearance facility for transatlantic flights in association with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) in March 1994. You can now have all of your passport and visa documentation cleared before boarding your flight at Dublin, thus saving up to two hours valuable time on arrival in the U.S. One simple step over the immigration line at the boarding gate and you have already arrived in the United States!

I'd like to hear from everyone who has used it - the more recent the better with the increased security e.g. fingerprints and photos - are they done in dublin?

Rich-n-Ang
06-10-2004, 14:57
Sounds like a brilliant idea, I wonder why its not available at other Airports ? Anyone know ?

rainyday
06-10-2004, 15:07
I went to the US from Dublin last week, just before the introduction of the increased security but the fingerprint machines are already set up. You go through the usual quick chat with the immigration official, get the green document stapled to your passport and go on to board your plane. At the US side, passengers are ushered through a special channel straight through to the baggage hall.

orlandodaze
04-03-2005, 22:35
At first Aer lingus were only flying to Orlando until May 2005 but in January they extended the service throughout the Summer.We booked when it was first announced ,we paid 3,000euros for 5 adults and 1 child thats £2,063 . We have been told that snacks and alcholic beverages are no longer free,you just get a main meal choice of Beef lasagne or chicken and rice. My friend Susan flies out to Orlando next week so she is the Guinea Pig . Try googling AerLingus .com for more information.

Ray&Sarah
05-03-2005, 17:06
RAy has flown through Dublin to the US and cleared immigration in Dublin, he says it was great, no problems and shorter queues.[msnsmile2]

phaedra
06-03-2005, 16:02
We're looking at this for October as an alternative to doing Canada/Florida with Canadian Affair. The only problems are the connecting flights from Newcastle with Ryanair, they only allow 15Kg of hold luggage :( they do allow 1 piece of hand luggage up to 10Kg as well so we may just manage :) it also means a 10Hr wait in Dublin on the return flight which we may turn into a sight seeing day out.

Only other problem is seat pitch, I know Aer Lingus use A330s with 32" but Ryanair I think are only 30", bit of a problem at 6' 6"!. I may be travelling in the wheelchair again depending how things go later in the year, USAirways were excellent in December as were the BA flight crew on our Ncl/Lgw flight, the Ncl ground crew were hopeless!.

Badger
10-07-2005, 00:01
We flew with Ryanair into Dublin from Cardiff last week. We had American friends with us.. Bill is 6' 5" and almost 21 stone but we had no problem with seat pitch, far better than Easyjet. The luggage weight restriction is low but we had what appeared to me to be heavy suitcases but they didn't care, even coming back. I suppose that the return trip from Dublin may be problematic with all the Florida goodies. I think that Ryanair (Boeing 737 200) had a better seat pitch than BA economy.

phaedra
10-07-2005, 03:36
Thanks for the info Badger :)

We can still manage 25Kg each with Ryanair, it just means a bit of strategic luggage planning before we fly :D

I've booked another night at the Dublin Airport Holiday Inn for our return (changing flights to the next day saves enough to pay for the hotel!) so we get 2 days in Dublin, I've even bought 2 Rambler bus passes, only €8 each so 2 days unlimited bus travel and discounted entry to Dublin Zoo and a few other places, the passes cover a family of up to 6 people, excellent value :)

mr flibble
12-07-2005, 00:37
Hi Badger:)
Where did you fly to from Dublin ?
Was it Orlando or Miami.
We have thought about flying from Cardiff - Dublin - Usa
but never tried it.