PDA

View Full Version : Wishes

lynn and ray
28-09-2004, 22:01
Just come back from Florida and saw Wishes for the first time.

Once again, absolutely fantastic. Very clever the way the fireworks explode into hearts and so many other clever shapes.

Went back and saw it a second evening.

Nobody does it like Disney.

:):D[:0[^][msnsmile][msnsmile2]

brizzle
28-09-2004, 22:06
It's the music that goes with it that really tops it off for me.
Stirs the emotions and is one of my favourite shows only (just) beaten by Illuminations at EPCOT.

I can't wait to get back and watch it.

'Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight...' :)

Brizzle

Nostromo
28-09-2004, 22:58
I love the part where Tinkerbell comes out of the castle and flies across Tomorrowland. :)

lynn and ray
30-09-2004, 00:22
The music is very emotional and although illuminations at epcot is very good I just think that the magic kingdom has that little bit of extra 'magic'

I have the tape on in the car all the time and have brainwashed everyone! :D:D:D:D

I also have all the cds of the parks so everyone gets a bit of the atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hadrian
01-10-2004, 02:58
I thought wishes was better than either Illuminations or Fantasmic. I found it so emotional I had a tear in my eye! Great spectacle, great music and a wonderful experience that appeals to all generations.

Nostromo
01-10-2004, 12:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hadrian
I thought wishes was better than either Illuminations or Fantasmic. I found it so emotional I had a tear in my eye! Great spectacle, great music and a wonderful experience that appeals to all generations.
[/quote]

My brother-in-law also thought that 'Wishes' was better than any other light & sound show that he had ever seen, including Fantasmic! But I have to confess that the MGM show has the edge for me.

Kiddie001
01-10-2004, 14:16
Is this the show where the seating starts being filled two hours in advance?

CarolAnn
01-10-2004, 19:52
Loved Wishes too[^]But don't agree it is BETTER than Fantasmic guys[:O]I will go as far as...AS GOOD AS[msnwink]

Nostromo
01-10-2004, 20:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kiddie001
Is this the show where the seating starts being filled two hours in advance?
[/quote]

If you are asking about 'Fantasmic!' that's right. If you want the best seats ie down in the middle, turn up at least 1 hour earlier even in off-season.

'Wishes' has no designated seating. You just find the most convenient point and park your south forty there.:):)

hadrian
04-10-2004, 23:21
You do get good seats for Fantasmic in a designated area if you book a fantasmic dinner package with one of the participating restaurants

KirstieLou
05-10-2004, 17:11
I cried all the way through the fireworks! Very emotional[:I][:I][:I][:I]

jaynekent
10-10-2004, 22:59
hadrian, which restaurants are included in the fantasmic packages? cheers[msnsmile]

Fletch
13-10-2004, 16:56
Is "Wishes" on year round? We're going in January[clap] - what parades etc will we get to see?

brizzle
13-10-2004, 17:27
jayne : The three definite restuarants that do the Fantasmic package are the Brown Derby, Mama Melrose, and Hollywood & Vine. I have heard rumours that the Sci-Fi diner and Prime Time diner sometimes also do it but they are occasional.

Fletch : Wishes is on year round but not every day, not out of season anyway. You should be able to schedule to see any of the parades (spectromagic, etc..) in January but again they may not be scheduled to run every day so check with the Disney website to see closer the time when they are running.

Brizzle

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 02:00
Well I am glad to see that I am not the only one that gets emotional at the fireworks, I can't wait to see Wishes for the first time when we go back, in fact just thinking about going back and the fireworks, I am nearly crying now!!

[msncry][msncry]