PDA

View Full Version : Pin Badge Trading

Mo Guest
28-09-2004, 20:05
Hi all,

Pin Badge Trading is a big hobby for the Americans - you can trade your pins with any of the Disney park staff for their pins if they have one you want.

Also you can visit the Pin Badge Trading Post in Downtown Disney near to the Rainforest Cafe. You can build your own unique badge and the guy there will drill the little badges onto a big badge for you - for free!!

Regards, Mo

MTP
29-09-2004, 01:27
There is a certain etiquette to Pin Trading - eg the trade has to mutually acceptable to both parties. The staff also get issued with certain pins that can't be bought and are therefore perhaps more sought after by collectors, there are also limited runs of pins and event only pins (eg New Years Eve Disney World). For more info check out http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/

Elaine62
29-09-2004, 01:54
my daughter, now 12, got hooked on this last year and is talking about starting a universal/ioa neck band as well as disney as she now has so many! At around $8 per badge it is not an inexpensive hobby!

She was approached by an american lad around her age in a shop in magic kingdom last year and asked for a swap, she was flabbergasted and said to him and me at the same time that she'll never part with any of them! Now forgive me if I'm being stupid but has she perhaps misunderstood the whole concept of teh word "trading"!!??

Elaine

Southsider
01-10-2004, 01:15
We started collecting the pins about 2 yrs ago and what we do now is buy lots in The Disney Store before we go and use them to swap. as all the ones we purchase in Florida are too special to swap.

UK Jane
01-10-2004, 01:56
Pin collectors and traders are crazy.

Imagine a 48yr. old man, dressed in a dinner suit, bow tie and all the trimmings, leaving dinner early, so that he can buy one (or hopefully more) pins, unique to specific Disney Cruises.

I know, I am that man ... LoL

Pin collecting is not just for kids, although I was probably the oldest (kid) in line, at the time.

We have albums full of pins at home. What we will eventually do with them all, I have no idea, but it is huge fun collecting them, and trading.

Barry

CarolAnn
17-10-2004, 00:50
My daughter started collecting pins about 3 years ago. She loved it for a couple of years, but this year when we went, she took the neck thing full of them, we looked at a few when out and about, but that was it! Guess it is no longer cool now?

WR1
17-10-2004, 01:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
my daughter, now 12, got hooked on this last year and is talking about starting a universal/ioa neck band as well as disney as she now has so many! At around $8 per badge it is not an inexpensive hobby!

She was approached by an american lad around her age in a shop in magic kingdom last year and asked for a swap, she was flabbergasted and said to him and me at the same time that she'll never part with any of them! Now forgive me if I'm being stupid but has she perhaps misunderstood the whole concept of teh word "trading"!!??

Elaine
[/quote]

My kid's are the same they like collecting but not too keen on trading them, they will like the idea of the guy at Downtown Disney thank's for the tip[clap]

WR

rosie
17-10-2004, 01:55
We started a small collection for our grand kids and have left them at the villa for their first trip over next year, but I can't see Leah parting with any of her Princess ones :)

CarolAnn
22-03-2005, 12:41
If I remember rightly, we were able to buy some cheaper, less interesting pins at Character Corner, and we used those to trade with Cast members, our daughter has got some lovely ones in return too:)

CERICROWLEY
23-03-2005, 01:05
Our kids also started collecting around three ears ago and now collect mainly the limited editions and we are annual passholders so get a choice of some other limited editions available to pass holders only.

The special ones that the staff have that can only be traded with and not bought in any shops, my eldest has one. It is Mickey mouses face and she will not give it up for anything. She has now invested in the locking pin backs so that she doesn't lose any, as some of them are big and heavy, she has a fantasmic one that lights up.