PDA

View Full Version : Buying Ski Gear in Florida

Precious
25-09-2002, 16:36
It seems an odd question but one of my guest is going out at the end of November and was hoping to pick up some ski wear for her next holiday. I can honestly say that in my many year of going I have never seen any ski wear. I've not been to any of the big outdoors shops, I noticed one near beltz. Does anyone know if they sell ski wear or other places to try.

esprit
16-11-2002, 21:51
That shop is called Outdoor World and has a website at www.outdoor-world.com. I did a search on ski wear, skiing etc ( am presuming you mean the snow kind) and there was very little that came up ( thermals, sunglassses, but not ski suits or skis) That shop is mainly marine, camping, hunting etc equipment and apparel. The only "natives" I have ever known who go snow skking up in the North every year are ex Brits who got into it here and could not bear to give it up. I just dont know anyone bought up in the state who skis. I think that this may be a no-no. It may be available somewhere but is likely to be expensive as there is little demand.