PDA

View Full Version : Decent Flight school Needed!!

sandi
25-09-2002, 03:35
The flying school I use in Florida has just decided to shut down due to the new visa regulations on flight tranining for non US citizens.

Although I have both UK and US licences I need a flight school/flight centre to hire a Cessna/Piper etc to keep up my hours and do some touring.

Anyone recommend a decent flight school in the Orlando area? Preferably one with a JAA rated examiner so I can get my UK validity signed off?

Comments appreciated

Sandi & John

porky
25-09-2002, 15:03
Sandi,

Which flight school did you use? My hubby always goes to Orlando flight training at Kissimmee Municipal airport. I hope this isn't the one you use. I have a sneaking suspicion that you used the one at Gilbert Field, or have I got the wrong person?

OFT have low hour cessnas and pipers for hire. Hubby says they have JAA and CAA (if you have an older rating)examiner and has had no problems doing bi-annual flight reviews with them.

Telephone number 407-518-7766
email oft@kua.net

To get there, on the 192, take Dyer Blvd (signposted Kissimmee airport). Follow road down towards control tower, take the last right just before reaching the terminal building, into the fenced hangar area. You'll see planes and cars parked in there. Walk down the left hand side of the hangar, turn right onto the boardwalk, go 30 yards and take the door on the right into the office. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Hope that helps.

Jacqui

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-09-2002, 16:21
I've always used Kissimmee Aviation at Kissimmee. They are an FAA only school but as I only ever do solo hire it does not matter.

They have C152/172's - I've rented the C172's for $59 per hour wet.

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.vacation-rental-villas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info