PDA

View Full Version : New ride at Typhoon

WR1
26-09-2004, 12:50
I just returned home from another trip to WDW! I miss it already..... I was speaking with a lifeguard at Typhoon and she was telling me how they are planning to build a water rollercoaster of some sort there... According to her Typhoon will close at the end of the season, (I'm guessing in October or near then) and reopen in March. Sounds pretty cool to me!

Nostromo
26-09-2004, 13:05
Sounds interesting. Typhoon Lagoon is already a very nice water park and if this new ride blends in well with the landscaping, it should be a welcome addition.:)

brizzle
26-09-2004, 13:08
Not having done a Disney waterpark, we are looking at trying Typhoon Lagoon this trip.
We are thinking it might be a good idea to try on one of the busy days around Thanksgiving. Hopefully a lot of the holidaymakers will be doing the 'Dry' parks.

I have heard there is a lot of construction equipment round the back of TL ready for expansion so this WaterCoaster looks like part of that.

Brizzle

Magical Dreams
08-10-2004, 13:50
Brizzle you'll love them both!
Make sure you have plenty of Sun Screen / Cream.

Red hot, but you don't feel it because of the water!!

The Watercoaster sounds Fab!
[clap][clap][clap]

Lynne S
08-10-2004, 23:26
Typoon lagoon and Blizzard Beach are both really great, my family have a great time.
They are always at the top of our list of things to do when we go to Florida.
I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time [msnsmile2]

Any idea when the new ride will be completed ?

We've got a few holidays booked next year, and it would be a nice suprise for the kid's & hubby.

[msnwink]

SunLover
08-10-2004, 23:30
We think Typhoon Lagoon is the best Disney water park, so the bonus of a new ride will be fantastic. [8D]

hamish
13-10-2004, 04:21
Visited Typhoon Lagoon September 22, arrived about 10.40am , absolutly heaving. Hubby found a quiet spot over the back with hundreds of unoccupied beds , and remained like that for the rest of the day ( I think it was the smoking area - it didn`t bother us though) although near to the construction work it`s screened off from the park so you don`t notice it. It turned out to be one of the nicest chilled days of the holiday.
Definately a revisit next May.

[msncool][msncool]

June

weemac
13-10-2004, 15:01
Wheres the best place to sit ie shady and near loos and food at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach as we have not been to either of them and dont really want to spend lot of time trying to find the right spot to sit? Is there lots of good places to get something to eat or can we take in our own food to eat? [drinkpepsi]

Kiddie001
13-10-2004, 15:44
off at the weekend, plan to do both TL & BB, found out on another thread that BB is closing for maintenance on 24th Oct, glad I found out, we can make sure we go before it closes!

cheers

ian

wilfy
13-10-2004, 17:05
We love both Typhoon + Blizzard, and as there are only the 2 of us now, we don't bother picking a spot. We hire a locker, shove the minimal amount of gear into that + towel, and then yee harr for the rest of the day. If we need a sit down, we grab a tube and go fer a 'bob' in the floaty pool that goes round the outside. [msncool]

Nostromo
13-10-2004, 18:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by weemac
Wheres the best place to sit ie shady and near loos and food at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach as we have not been to either of them and dont really want to spend lot of time trying to find the right spot to sit? Is there lots of good places to get something to eat or can we take in our own food to eat? [drinkpepsi]
[/quote]

There are many shady spots in TL, but relatively few at BB. In any case, they get occupied very quickly. Also, they are not necessarily near food outlets and loos, but these facilities are conveniently located all over both parks. Beware of those awful [xx(]turkey legs though!

Kiddie001
13-10-2004, 18:54
----------------------------------------
Beware of those awful turkey legs though!

That'll be me in my cossie!

Ian

SunLover
13-10-2004, 18:58
:D[:I]

WR1
14-10-2004, 11:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kiddie001
Beware of those awful turkey legs though!

That'll be me in my cossie!

Ian
[/quote]

:D:D:D

Ann
25-10-2004, 15:16
we just got back last week and also visited TL the building work for the new ride is underway and you can see this from the car park
we also spoke to the guy at the gate he said they would be closed january reopen in march and the new ride should be ready then

WR1
25-10-2004, 15:53
Oh good just in time for our next visit in easter 2005 [clap]

WR

christina
25-10-2004, 15:58
I hope it has reopened by next March as that is when we will be there and the four big kids we are taking with us love Typhoon Lagoon.

Lesley S
25-10-2004, 16:22
We had planned in going in November, if the weather was wam enough, if not we will go in June when we are going again. Looking forward to seeing what the new ride will be like. Will need to look out on websites advertising what is happening.

Corky
25-10-2004, 18:59
Anyone know if it is open at Christmas??:)

WR1
25-10-2004, 19:59
We have been to TL at Christmas.

WR

ujpest doza
18-11-2004, 17:01
Just had a look at WDW Website and this is what they are saying :-

Disney's Blizzard Beach
Blizzard Beach will be closed for refurbishment October 24 - December 11, 2004.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for refurbishment December 12, 2004 - March 12, 2005.

Disappointing for me as Typhoon Lagoon is probably our favourite place. Haven't been to Blizzard Beach since 1997 when we were put off by the massive queues for the slides.Granted it was in June which is always busy, anyone been to BB in February or March?

Obviously BB may be busier anyway with TL being closed, but anyone give an opinion?

Nostromo
18-11-2004, 20:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
Just had a look at WDW Website and this is what they are saying :-

Disney's Blizzard Beach
Blizzard Beach will be closed for refurbishment October 24 - December 11, 2004.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for refurbishment December 12, 2004 - March 12, 2005.

Disappointing for me as Typhoon Lagoon is probably our favourite place. Haven't been to Blizzard Beach since 1997 when we were put off by the massive queues for the slides.Granted it was in June which is always busy, anyone been to BB in February or March?

Obviously BB may be busier anyway with TL being closed, but anyone give an opinion?

[/quote]

We also like to do both. I agree that BB will be busier with TL closed, but Feb is not a particularly busy time except on GWB's day. One trick is to arrive soon after the park opens, get on Cross Country Creek on arrival and get off near Runoff Rapids. This ride, though very popular, fills up more slowly than the rest as it is furthest away from the main entrance. After you have done both open and closed tunnels of RR, work your way backwards for other rides. You'll still have queues, but are likely to cover more ground this way in a given space of time.