PDA

View Full Version : rumour confirmation anyone?

WR1
26-09-2004, 12:40
hi, i heard a rumour a while back that a new park was opening in 2006, and the likely name for it was 'coaster kingdom'. i presumed that it would replace river country, but it seems that thats not the case. can anyone confirm the rumour of a new park for 2006? much appreciated.

CarolAnn
27-09-2004, 13:02
Not heard that WR1!! Sounds exciting though:DAnyone got the inside info on this?

Snapper
27-09-2004, 15:00
Can't confirm the rumor but can certainly add to it. I heard or read somewhere that other theme's being considered were Disney Villains or something with a Sea/Ocean/Water theme.

I think it would be a stretch for 2006 though. You'd have to figure a couple of years from the point where the serious building work started and I think rumor would spread like wildfire as soon as the serious building work started.

CarolAnn
27-09-2004, 16:49
My husband has informed me this morning that he had read somewhere about both the Coaster park and the sea/water theme one too Steve!! Never tells me anything:D As he can't remember WHERE he read it, still non the wiser! Apart from anything else, any ideas where they might locate these parks? I never made it to River Country, it was always being refurbished in Oct when we went, last year we went at Easter, and it had gone!! [msncry]

Nostromo
27-09-2004, 17:03
There is a site by [website name edited] that gives a lot of information of the forthcoming rides and attractions. Worth a try.

CarolAnn
27-09-2004, 17:20
Ok! I am off to give it a go Nostromo!:D

CarolAnn
27-09-2004, 17:27
Checked out the site! Pretty cool, but ALL still rumours[msnwink]

Nostromo
27-09-2004, 18:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Checked out the site! Pretty cool, but ALL still rumours[msnwink]
[/quote]

I am glad you found it useful. :)

WR1
27-09-2004, 23:05
Thanks guys i'll keep digging I heard sometime a go now, that disney are planing including the parks there have just now to have 10 parks with the 'coaster kingdom' being the 1st of the new one's.

Snapper
27-09-2004, 23:15
Disney might be trying to step it up a gear, especially now the Orlando Flexticket provides serious competition to the Park Hopper passes. It's quite feasible now to spend 2 weeks around Orlando and never set foot in Disney. I'm sure it's things like that which give Disney execs sleepless nights.

Maybe we could ask John and Roger how the Flextickets sell against the Disney Park Hoppers and whether it looks like Disney are gaining or losing ground to the competition.

MTP
28-09-2004, 01:11
It would also make sense for Disney to try to attract the older kids, who don't think that Disney is cool ([?][?][?]). The only problem may be if Disney start to try to compete with other coaster parks for the title of fastest/highest/most inversions... etc then it is going to entering in to a continual competition that it will be impossible to always be in the lead of. Don't know if that matters, though.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-09-2004, 01:44
The Disney tickets are still top sellers but the Flexitickets also see well - see our top sellers panel on the homepage at www.park-tickets.com

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steveharrison

Maybe we could ask John and Roger how the Flextickets sell against the Disney Park Hoppers and whether it looks like Disney are gaining or losing ground to the competition.
[/quote]

Snapper
28-09-2004, 01:50
You know, the more I think about it the more the name Coaster Kingdom just kind of feels wrong for a Disney park. Not that I'm doubting the rumor but it doesn't quite fit with the Disney theme type feel. I do agree completely with MTP as well that Disney are somewhat behind the competition for older kids and thrill seekers.

What if they created a theme park along the Heroes and Villains theme. Hercules sounds big and strong enough to be a monster coaster, as does Beast. Not sure where Belle fits in though. Simba would be a great name for a fully reclined ride (like Air at Alton Towers) and could be themed along the lines of chasing gazelle across the Sarengeti. Ursula is just begging to be used for some kind of water ride. Add a good smattering of 2nd tier attractions and throw in the Queen of Hearts maze (with a couple of twists on the maze idea for good measure) and I reckon it's a winner. Finish the day with a firework and laser spectacular before ferrying people over to Pleasure Island.

BTW - If anyone from Disney reads this I am available on a consulting basis for very reasonable rates !!! [msncool][msncool][msnwink]

Susan J
08-10-2004, 13:57
I thought I had read somewhere that a new ride at AK was to be villain based ? Can't find it now to check, so maybe my imagination !

amy
09-10-2004, 00:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
I thought I had read somewhere that a new ride at AK was to be villain based ? Can't find it now to check, so maybe my imagination !
[/quote]

The new ride in AK is all about Mount Everest.

CarolAnn
09-10-2004, 14:18
I love the idea of a Heros and Villains theme for a park Steve[clap]
You should definately contact them[msnwink]You just never know!
I wonder if they are working on your idea as we speak:D:D

SunLover
09-10-2004, 18:35
The latest inside scoop we heard on the Heroes & Villains idea was that Mr Eisner had put it well on the back burner, as he didn't want to spend the money.

This idea has been around for quite a few years, but don't hold your breath while Mr E is still in charge.

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 02:23
I didn't even know anything about a new ride in AK!!! does anyone know when it might be up and running?

Anita

Nostromo
15-11-2004, 10:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chunkichik
I didn't even know anything about a new ride in AK!!! does anyone know when it might be up and running?

Anita
[/quote]

I think it is scheduled to open in the "summer of 2006".

Mr G
15-11-2004, 12:53
Yes Summer 2006. You can see the construction ongoing.It is advertised as the fastes roller coaster. I think you will be enclosed within Everest and it will be a bit like Space Mountai, only the turns/drops are steaper and the speed is supposedly faster.[msneek]

CarolAnn
15-11-2004, 15:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mr G
Yes Summer 2006. You can see the construction ongoing.It is advertised as the fastes roller coaster. I think you will be enclosed within Everest and it will be a bit like Space Mountai, only the turns/drops are steaper and the speed is supposedly faster.[msneek]
[/quote]
Oh Goody!! Faster AND steeper drops[msneek][msnscared] Looks like I will have to slap on the suntan cream while my daughter gets in line for that one then!!!
All the same, I do love to see NEW attractions coming to Disney Parks! Shows they are not taking their eye off the ball:)

amy
08-03-2005, 17:47
We heard a rumour of a new Disney park but there are no sings of it starting.
We also heard that Six Flags where thinking of moving into town, has anyone else heard this?
It would be great news if it is true.

Snapper
09-03-2005, 07:20
I do often wonder why Six Flags aren't here already. They have a formula that seems to work, and at Orlando they have literally millions of people who like going to theme parks. It seems like a no-brainer to me so all I can guess is that there are other reasons that we may never know.

Nostromo
09-03-2005, 11:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
I do often wonder why Six Flags aren't here already. They have a formula that seems to work, and at Orlando they have literally millions of people who like going to theme parks. It seems like a no-brainer to me so all I can guess is that there are other reasons that we may never know.
[/quote]

Would they be concerned about competition from the likes of IoA and Busch Gardens that are well established? Also, is there a possibility that Disney & Anheuser have got together to somehow 'block' Six Flags attempts to open a park in Central Florida?

blott
09-03-2005, 16:34
There was a rumour a few years ago that Six Flags might be opening a park on the old Baseball City site but I understand that this is now going to be more homes.

KJH
09-03-2005, 20:38
WE HEARD LAST YEAR THAT SIX FLAGS WERE TO OPEN ON THE 27. HAVEN'T HEARD MUCH SINCE

Ray&Sarah
09-03-2005, 20:41
No mention of a six flags in the latest write-ups about the Posner/Basbeall City development, that would have been good though.[msnsmile2]

wrightbuxton
10-03-2005, 23:44
We read on another site that Disney were going to turn River County into a Pirates of the Caribbean themed water park.

Think remember seeing some kind of artists impression of how it would look too.

Don't know how true it is - but I'm sure Disney will make use of the park somehow.

Nostromo
11-03-2005, 02:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrightbuxton
We read on another site that Disney were going to turn River County into a Pirates of the Caribbean themed water park.
[/quote]

I have mixed feelings about this. I liked the old River Country; it was a nice opportunity for relaxation from the hectic schedule. I hope that Disney introduce something on similar lines at the site.

Ray&Sarah
11-03-2005, 02:56
Something similare would be good, however we weren't keen on the cold water hole, we took our boys there on our first trip to Disney and it was freezing.[msneek]

djdigitald
11-03-2005, 14:52
Never got to do River Country and i only did Typhoon Lagoon for the first time last year [:O]