PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the children safe

steph_goodrum
24-09-2002, 22:37
In Florida, by law small children must always be seated in an appropriate car seat or harness suitable for their weight and size.
We always advise our guests travelling with young children to take their own with them (you can use it on the way to the airport) and check in with their luggage.
The 3 reasons for doing this are
a) You know it is appropriately sized for your child and will not get to the airport and find no more available.
b) You know if it has been involved in any accidents which could have caused it to become unstable and should always be replaced, but with hire cars you wouldn't know
c) The cost - most hire companies charge at least $5 a day for car seats so if you are going for 14 nights and have 2 young children that would cost an extra $140 on your bill.

I think I'm right in saying whether you take your own or hire on it is your repsonsibility to fit in the car , thus absolving the car hire company from blame if it is not fitted correctly, and this is much easier if you know how it fits.

Babblin Boo

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 24/09/2002 22:57:50

caroline
25-09-2002, 01:11
I checked for a guest about the age children must be before they can travel without a car seat - WorldWide Cars (who use Dollar) told me that 5 years and under must be in an appropriate car seat. But I would strongly advise anyone to check this with whoever they hire they're car through.

Caroline