PDA

View Full Version : question about pool heating

momsbirthdayvacation
25-09-2004, 08:42
I will be traveling to disney 2nd week of february 2005 - was just curious if pool heating is necessary for this time of the year

thanks

brizzle
25-09-2004, 10:26
I think it depends on how cool you like your water [msneek].
I would definitely have the heating on from October to April but then again I would probably have it on in the summer months too because I'm a big wuss.

You may get away with it during the day in February (the water will still be pretty cold though) but you would need it heated for evening swims.

Brizzle

Carla
25-09-2004, 12:58
Unless you are all extremely hardy souls who regularly swim in cold water, then I'd definitely get pool heating. It will ensure that you can enjoy swimming any time that you want to. It would be a great shame to have your own private pool and then hardly use it because the water is too cold.

Nostromo
25-09-2004, 14:01
We went in April-May and found that the pool heating helped, particularly during the earlier part of our holiday. I think you will certainly feel more comfortable with pool heating in February.

Ruth
25-09-2004, 14:23
We have the pool heated from January to January as we can't stand it feeling cold even in August;)

huckleberry house
25-09-2004, 15:07
No doubt about it you will definitely need pool heating in February, dont risk spoiling the holiday for the sake of a little extra it will make all the difference to your enjoyment of the house and the pool.

Lesley

dan
25-09-2004, 15:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
No doubt about it you will definitely need pool heating in February, dont risk spoiling the holiday for the sake of a little extra it will make all the difference to your enjoyment of the house and the pool.

Lesley
[/quote]I agree with Lesley on this. When we were over in June we didn't have pool heating - bad mistake. The kids didn't complain too much as the water was okay once they were in - but boy was it hard for me getting in. [msnoo] Pool heat for me next time:):)

LesleyB
25-09-2004, 16:56
When we were over in April after closing on our villa, we could not get our pool heating installed until our second week. Our kids' lips were blue when they had been in the water for a while and their teeth were chattering. It was bliss the second week, once the water had heated up. So I think February pool heating would be essential.

mm69340
26-09-2004, 02:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle

I would probably have it on in the summer months too because I'm a big wuss.
Brizzle
[/quote]

Big Wuss here to!!! I had to call my LOVELY caretakers to come put it on for me in May and September. I am very "delicate"!!! [msntongue][msnwink][msntongue][msnwink]

Actually, last week- it got too hot so we turned it down. It was fine both times once you got in, but just having the hint of heat made it that easier to get in.
I would MOST definately have it on in Feb!!!

ncmurray
26-09-2004, 04:46
We travelled to Florida last February, and would most DEFINITELY recommend pool heating. Its not that the air is cold, but to climb into a warmed pool is heavenly!!

momsbirthdayvacation
26-09-2004, 10:29
thank you all so much for the helpfull information
i think i will be getting the pool heating
now if i can only decide on which house they are all so lovely makes it hard to choose

heathercobbett
13-10-2004, 22:46
Yes, definitely have pool heat,especially if you are taking young ones.

When my kids were small,it was very difficult to get them out of the pool and in the days of unheated swimming pools I used to get them out blue with cold!

We have had many small guests learn how to swim in our pool and they definitely would need to be warm to do that.

Have a great time and book 3 weeks if you can spare the time

ellie
15-10-2004, 01:47
Another Wuss here! always have the pool heated whatever time of year we visit our villa - last time was in August. If we didn't I'd spend so much time inching my way into the water that it would be time to come out before I'd had a swim!

Definitely need it in February, and as having your own pool is one of the biggest delights of renting a villa its not worth missing out on for the bit extra it costs.

Have a lovely time:)

Ellie

jolliffee
16-10-2004, 00:06
I like the heating on too; its a special time so I just want to enjoy it [msnsmile2]

SunLover
16-10-2004, 01:56
Definitely go for pool heating and really enjoy your pool without the threat of any brass monkeys coming to call !!![msneek]