PDA

View Full Version : The last word - Who will win Bush or Kerry

John Boy
24-09-2004, 20:27
WOW
Our pole was so close to the real thing we should be included in the exit poles.

I wish I could say the best man won but after being there for the two weeks preceding the election and watching all the running then coming home on the 3rd all I can say is that I don’t think that there was a best man between them.

Now I fear that our worst fears could come true starting with Faluja (I don’t think that is the right spelling)

Many Thanks to all of you who voted and commented especially PATTI (Bellaepovera) who made this so interesting.

John Boy

In the up and coming Presidential Elections who do you think will win

THE 'WHO CARES' ONE IS FOR CDV

Fair quote by Chrizzy MC now included

huckleberry house
24-09-2004, 20:55
Perharps as well as a poll on who you THINK will win there should also be one on who do you WANT to win because the two things are not necessarily the same.Or maybe add more options to allow for
Bush will win want kerry to win
Bush will win want Bush to win
etc

Lesley

chrizzy100
24-09-2004, 21:15
Also can we have one for Mickey Mouse.......I always voted for him in England....even if his name was not on the paper....I had to keep drawing in my own box to tick........[}:)][}:)]

Cruella DeVilla
24-09-2004, 22:45
Thanks John boy!!! See I am not the only one!!![:X]

Nostromo
25-09-2004, 13:57
If GWB reads these forums, he will probably be losing sleep believing that Mickey Mouse is running for the Office (with Goofy as his Running mate). :D:D

John Boy
25-09-2004, 15:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
If GWB reads these forums, he will probably be losing sleep believing that Mickey Mouse is running for the Office (with Goofy as his Running mate). :D:D
[/quote]

Well he could do no worse

chrizzy100
25-09-2004, 18:50
Mickey should of had 2 votes........but I'd already voted for Bush.......

[msncry]

Can we have a FL recount........[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msncool]

chrisj
25-09-2004, 18:52
Who cares as long as our president- oops sorry prime minister doesnt waste money following them :D

Nostromo
25-09-2004, 21:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
Who cares as long as our president- oops sorry prime minister doesnt waste money following them :D
[/quote]

Our PM will do a lot better with Mickey Mouse than the Turkey that he is now following.:D

Magical Dreams
02-10-2004, 19:18
Who mentioned TURKEY??

Is it Thanks Giving already?

[catinhat]

Nostromo
02-10-2004, 19:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pontelad
Who mentioned TURKEY??

Is it Thanks Giving already?

[catinhat]
[/quote]

No Thanks [:o)]. I meant the Turkey that sits in the Oval Office. You recall how GWB turned up in Iraq for last year's Thanksgiving? Well, the Times had this huge picture of him with a large turkey on a dish for the troops. My wife had scrawled "A Tale of Two Turkeys" under the photo and report. I thiught it was rather funny.

bellaepovera
02-10-2004, 21:43
TURKEY!! hehe thats exactly what I thought John Kerry looked like!!
A very confused one at that!!

chrizzy100
02-10-2004, 22:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera
TURKEY!! hehe thats exactly what I thought John Kerry looked like!!
A very confused one at that!!
[/quote]

That guy does not know is bottom from his elbow..........[}:)]

sunseeker
03-10-2004, 01:47
And GWB does chrizzy? [grin]

Dave

chrizzy100
03-10-2004, 02:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker
And GWB does chrizzy? [grin]

Dave
[/quote]

Not really...ones the devil and ones the deep blue sea.......:D

But better the devil you know......Kerry is weak and will make the USA weak....so until they have someone better than Kerry to run against Bush....Bush is the best of a bad lot.......

John Boy
03-10-2004, 02:33
Have any of you who have posted on this thread seen Fahrenheit 9/11
Because quite frankly after seeing that and assessing the documented proof that backs up the film and listening to the verbal S--t that [gun]Bush spouts anyone could do better.

bellaepovera
03-10-2004, 14:22
I personally refused to see that movie and make Mr. Moore richer. I also will always show respect for whatever president is serving my country and also to other presidents of other countries. Even If I do not agree with how they are running the country we should always have respect. Did you see a couple of months ago Whoopie G telling the President to kiss her arsh!! Where is this world coming too!!

John Boy
03-10-2004, 16:21
I personally refused to see that movie and make Mr. Moore richer. I also will always show respect for whatever president is serving my country and also to other presidents of other countries. Even If I do not agree with how they are running the country we should always have respect. Did you see a couple of months ago Whoopie G telling the President to kiss her arsh!! Where is this world coming too!!
[/quote]

So Patti, you will always show respect to Presidents of other countries like - Iraq, Saddam, Iran, the Ayatollahs and all the other countries in this world that are run by despots????!!!! So you feel that Bush showed disrespect for Saddam by invading his country and then not shaking his hand and inviting him to a Turkey filled Christmas party with the troops.

Even Presidents have to carry on earning our respect - it does not stay theirs by right when they do things like lying to the electorate or worse like President Saddam did to his people!

Now I am not saying that Bush is one of them, before anyone suggests I am. But the fact remains that in a free world we have the right to question our leaders and if we find that they have lied to us in order to take our countries to war and have our boys and girls killed then that's wrong.

If Blair and Bush said that they wanted to invade Iraq and take out that evil excuse for a human being they would have had my full support, but then that would not have got the support of the majority would it. Now put the frights on everyone with the threat of WMD and that our lives could be threatened in our own homes, and back it up with false inteligence now thats differant, now you will get the vote even from the opposition.

We now find out the truth and people say hold on if we new that was not true we would not have backed you, and then we get told that we are not patriotic because we no longer support our troops in the war zone. WAKE UP. Lies are wrong for whatever reason they are used, but by taking it to that degree and using us they deserve to be thrown out of office.

We all know that the evil act on twin towers was perpetrated by Osama Bin Laden so why did Bush take all his men bar 6000 out of Afghanistan who were hunting this evil slime and go after someone who they new had no connection with it. When posed with a similar question, and this is Bush's words not mine he said "Because he tried to kill my Daddy" (Heaven Help US) where is BIN LADEN NOW? who is still carrying out all these atrocities today? and in who’s name are most of these being committed 'SADDAM' the 'IRAQI PEOPLE' NO ‘OSAMA BIN LADEN’[msnmad]

Here are a few more documented facts that came out of that film.

For five days after Twin Towers only five planes where allowed to fly one was Air Force One - the other four were private jets. All four were owned or rented by the Bin Laden family to take their families out of America. All were given a direct presidential mandate to do that.

Both CIA and FBI were told, again by Presidential Mandate not to interview any of the Bin Laden family members but to allow them free and unhindered passage out of the US.

Several companies started by GWB since leaving University have all been funded via his best friend by - the BIN LADEN FAMILY

The list goes on including documents being altered to cover the all the tracks leading between the Bin Ladens and the Bush family.

This is wrong, What our leaders have done by taking out Saddam and his evil is right but it was done for the wrong reasons and by questionable methods.

So get over the $7 bit and see the film and get your eyes opened to the second atrocity to come out of the twin towers attack, which to me is the way we have been lied to by those we put into office. I include Tony Blair in this.

As for Whoopie, for a free woman she has the right to voice her opinion.

huckleberry house
03-10-2004, 16:26
Thats all well and good John and you are entitled to your opinion but I have my doubts that a forum intended for guests planning their Florida vacation is the right vehicle for such strong political discussion.

Lesley

John Boy
03-10-2004, 17:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
Thats all well and good John and you are entitled to your opinion but I have my doubts that a forum intended for guests planning their Florida vacation is the right vehicle for such strong political discussion.

Lesley
[/quote]

But Lesley the Poll at the top of this thread is about the election and it is a political one.

This is a central point for many people who come here and chat and it is not always about villas. Many, many threads have been about other factors that impact on our lives, and anyhow this does impact on taking a holiday to America just ask all those that did not fly after 9/11 and the Iraq war including those planning vacations that did not go and all those who are still affected by it.

If what you are saying is so then John should Down this whole Thread from the Polls and then go through all other threads and down those that are not intended for guests planning their Florida vacation or are relevant to Florida the US or Travel.

chrizzy100
03-10-2004, 17:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by John Boy
Have any of you who have posted on this thread seen Fahrenheit 9/11
Because quite frankly after seeing that and assessing the documented proof that backs up the film and listening to the verbal S--t that [gun]Bush spouts anyone could do better.
[/quote]

Mr Moore has also said that Kerry would be bad for this country....
I would never see one of Mr Moore films.....he is only out to make himself a richer man......no matter what harm he does to his country......

bellaepovera
03-10-2004, 22:38
Respect in the sense of not posting bad things on public forums as there are many different people on this forum from all over the world but especially USA and England..I would never ever show my disrespect for Tony Blair or any other foreign leader on a forum or anywhere else. And I do agree this is a forum about Florida not politics...Lets show respect for all members on this forum.

John Boy
03-10-2004, 23:05
Respect in the sense of not posting bad things on public forums as there are many different people on this forum from all over the world but especially USA and England..I would never ever show my disrespect for Tony Blair or any other foreign leader on a forum or anywhere else. And I do agree this is a forum about Florida not politics...Lets show respect for all members on this forum.
[/quote]

The title of this thread WHO WILL WIN BUSH OR KERRY means this is a [u]political</u> thread, not just about Florida.

Whatever happens in the US at the election will impact Florida.

However, I respect your opinion, although I'm sure you will respectfully agree that I don't have to share it - any more than you have to read this thread if you don't wish to discuss politics............

Nostromo
03-10-2004, 23:13
I agree with Patti in the sense that we are being a bit naughty in discussing politics in these forums. But it is not really a question of a 'USA - UK' issue. I was shocked to see how openly the Americans themselves criticise and send-up GWB - we are saints by comparison on these forums. I am sure all of you have seen (and bought ;)) the hilariously provocative GWB 'cards' that are openly sold everywhere in Orlando; we bought ours at Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney.

My wife and her mother arrived in New York yesterday and told me on the phone that it was sheer bedlam at immigration which took them over 3 hours to clear. Apparently, many of the uniformed staff themselves were loudly cursing GWB and his policies as tempers frayed everywhere.

bellaepovera
04-10-2004, 00:03
[zzz]

[/quote]

The title of this thread WHO WILL WIN BUSH OR KERRY means this is a [u]political</u> thread, not just about Florida.

However, I respect your opinion, although I'm sure you will respectfully agree that I don't have to share it - any more than you have to read this thread if you don't wish to discuss politics............
[/quote]

John Boy
04-10-2004, 00:45
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

You are right you have turned it into a boring thread. Tell you what unsubscribe and those of us that do show an interest in the POLITICS and how it impacts on us villa owners can get on with it[grin]

[zzz]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

John Boy
04-10-2004, 00:49
Nostromo, I have seen and heard the same even in Dallas when I was there in July and so very little said in his favour so the question remains why are the poles putting him in front.

I agree with Patti in the sense that we are being a bit naughty in discussing politics in these forums. But it is not really a question of a 'USA - UK' issue. I was shocked to see how openly the Americans themselves criticise and send-up GWB - we are saints by comparison on these forums. I am sure all of you have seen (and bought ;)) the hilariously provocative GWB 'cards' that are openly sold everywhere in Orlando; we bought ours at Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney.

My wife and her mother arrived in New York yesterday and told me on the phone that it was sheer bedlam at immigration which took them over 3 hours to clear. Apparently, many of the uniformed staff themselves were loudly cursing GWB and his policies as tempers frayed everywhere.
[/quote]

Nostromo
04-10-2004, 02:08
Nostromo, I have seen and heard the same even in Dallas when I was there in July and so very little said in his favour so the question remains why are the poles putting him in front.
[[/quote]

Quite simply, it is the lack of choice. The mainstream American probably thinks that he/she could close their eyes and vote blind. That way, one cannot go far wrong considering the personalities of the two main candidates running for office this time. Mind you, they cannot go right either, but that's another story. :D:D

bridget
04-10-2004, 16:25
Shame Hilary Clinton isn't up against Bush!! I want Kerry to win purely because Bush and his cronies are crooks! He's got LMS - Little Man Syndrome [msnsmile] There is nothing to separate him from Hitler - both evil dictators.
FACT!

chrizzy100
04-10-2004, 17:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bridget
Shame Hilary Clinton isn't up against Bush!! I want Kerry to win purely because Bush and his cronies are crooks! He's got LMS - Little Man Syndrome [msnsmile] There is nothing to separate him from Hitler - both evil dictators.
FACT!
[/quote]

Replacing one devil with another ......I'm not sure if thats a good idea.....better the devil you know.....
I have friends on the Cape who are friends of Kerry....he has a house on the Islands.....and they are not voting for him.....says something when your friends don't want to see you get the job........:(

John Boy
05-10-2004, 02:43
Ok so by now you all know that I have no liking for Bush

I was sent this today from a Lawyer friend in Dallas who has very close contacts with Bush and he voted and campaigned for him at the last election and is doing so again. So if he can giggle at it I hope you diehards can as well, without thinking that it is being disrespectful

New study shows correlation between decline of IQ and rise of GOP

"Stupid people love Bush" new study proves .

According to the prestigious Southern California think tank, The Gluton Group, stupid people prefer President George W Bush over Senator John Kerry by a 4-to-1 margin. As Chief Resident Dr. Louis Friend characterized the results of the research, "the less intelligent you are, the more you like Bush." This landmark study, conducted over a 5 month period, involved 2400 likely voters bridging all economic stratain the 17 states generally considered up for grabs on November 2nd.

Participants were tested for intelligence, then asked to fill out a 12 page series of questions involving the Presidential candidates with results released earlier this week.

The consensus: the higher the IQ, the less people trust Bush and respect the job his administration has done. The lower the IQ, the more people admire his steadfastness. "It was pretty much a slam dunk. There's no nice way to say this. Dumb people like him. They think his unwavering nature is a positive personality trait. They even venerate him for never admitting mistakes, even when he's wrong. On the otherhand, smart people think he's a lying bully. I mean, c'mon, you have a deserter accusing a decorated veteran of treason. Who's going to buy that besides stupid people?"

Preliminary results:
IQ Above 140: Kerry 80%, Bush 20%.
120-140: Kerry 65%, Bush 35%.
100-120: Kerry 54%, Bush 46%.
80-100: Bush 54%, Kerry 46%.
60-80: Bush 60%, Kerry 15%, Dale Earnhardt Jr. 25%.

Apparently Bush's good-evil, black-white philosophy resonates on an inverse relationship with higher education, whereas it became evident over the period of analysis that John Kerry's nuanced arguments are only understood by people who paid attention in any class above the 5th grade.

Doctor Friend elaborated: "It has to do with intellectual curiosity. Folks see Bush in front of a stream talking about the environment and they assume he's in favor of it, even though if you read his legislation, I'd be surprised to hear him endorse shade. This also
explains why Bush gets away with pretending he doesn't know how the Senate works, allowing him to call Kerry a flip-flopper."

Friend released evidence that this type of disconnect exists across the board: education, foreign policy, the economy, post 9-11 security response and State Dinner entertainment choices. Also discovered was a direct correlation between the number of preset Country Western stations on car radios and Bush's approval rating. Dr. Friendattributes this phenomena to the simplicity inherent in the messages indigenous to both.

Classical music listeners were preponderantly Kerry supporters, but surprisingly, on heavy metal, the two split down the middle.
Spotting a trend, Friend cautioned, "Because of the deterioration in public education, larger and larger segments of the population are creeping downward IQ-wise, cementing the hold Republicans have on the electorate " "However, if the election were held today, Bush would hold a lead of 52-48 in the popular vote, but would be virtually tied in the Electoral College, which Bush supporters argue against because the word College angers them.

When contacted, a Kerry spokesman just chuckled. No Bush spokesperson was made available for comment. It was also found that Ralph Nader supporters were the brightest of all political proponents tested, but Dr. Friend dismissed them as "too smart for their own good."

In a related study, smart people prefer baseball because the pace is such that there is time to read.

bellaepovera
05-10-2004, 20:00
Take a look at these “exact” quotes of the Democrats that are now saying that President Bush “lied” to get us into the war in Iraq. Then you tell me… Who’s lying?

Subject: Who Said What ???

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
- Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry ( D - MA), and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
- Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons...."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also

chrizzy100
05-10-2004, 20:15
Kerry is a people pleaser so therefore can't be trusted.....I can see him coming down the steps of a plane in the future saying ....'I have in my hand a piece of paper'.....

We are all not going to agree....so its best we all learn to live with each other views.......
:D

I mean I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would think Bush was the better man for the job......[:O]

Kiddie001
05-10-2004, 20:41
where do you get the best donuts in the Kissimmee area?
I am in the Florida discussion group arent I?

Ian[msnwink]

chrizzy100
05-10-2004, 20:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kiddie001
where do you get the best donuts in the Kissimmee area?
I am in the Florida discussion group arent I?

Ian[msnwink]
[/quote]

You'll need to start a new topic....we had this trouble when Robert wanted to talk about his brothers cat on the weather topic.......[msnwink][msnwink]...some people just can't keep on topic.....tut tut.....:D[}:)]

Or we could have one topic....Does Roberts brothers cat like the donuts in kissimmee and if so which ones.........:D

Kiddie001
05-10-2004, 21:11
I know,

what are Kerry, Bush & Mickey Mouses favourite donuts?

chrizzy100
05-10-2004, 21:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kiddie001
I know,

what are Kerry, Bush & Mickey Mouses favourite donuts?
[/quote]

I think Mickey would like creamcheese........:D
I'm not sure about the other two.......

John Boy
05-10-2004, 23:36
WOW PATTI DID YOU WAKE UP

See how much fun it can be having a political thread

I take your point about all the above but lets look at the first ones in the Clinton administration.

Clinton consistently made air strikes on suspicious activities throughout his time but never took his country to war on the evidence in front of him.

Since the Bush administration the same tactics were observed until the twin towers atrocities. Now that had nothing to do with Saddam but it did form the catalyst needed for Bush to heighten the threat of WMD's being used against us

Now lets take the two involving JK, as all the others are has-beens or vultures waiting in the wings but in their defence all these statements are based on reports coming from the Bush administration

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Both these statements are made when we were all to assume with the evidence placed in front of us that Saddam had WMD's and was behind Bin Laden and now had the capability to use them via Balistic missle and other means on the western world.

I for one was a supporter of the invasion of Iraq and still would have been even if I was told that there were no WMD's but we are still going in to blast that S.O.B. to hell for all the past present and future atrocities done to the innocent in his name.

You have to understand that it was the way we were all lied to in order to get everyone’s agreement to go to war that I strongly object too and then the blatant cover ups in order to keep them squeaky clean.

It is this and subsequent lies that have come to light that gives me a loathing for both Bush and Blair and when you get to that point it is no use saying 'better the devil you know than the devil you do' would the people of Iraq agree with that statement? some yes, some no but at least we have the democratic right to make that choice and I feel that as I can not trust these men to run their countries then it is better that they step down and let others try.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Thank you for coming back with that I enjoyed reading it [clap] and appreciate the research that must have gone into your reply. [sporty]

John Boy [beer]

John Boy
08-10-2004, 02:53
Kerry is catching up folks

MaggieAllan
08-10-2004, 13:41
Can we have a 'too boring and political for this forum' filter please.

And before you start on me ... I have very strong political beliefs and have registered them on appropriate sites .. I come on this one to get away from all that and to look forward to happier things.

DM each other if you must continue this subject .. but leave the rest of us to relax and enjoy please.

Nostromo
08-10-2004, 19:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
DM each other if you must continue this subject .. but leave the rest of us to relax and enjoy please.
[/quote]

My view exactly. I don't mind light-hearted political talk, but this discussion is getting too heated for comfort. Even though we all discuss off-topic subjects on these forums, politics is a topic too far off.

bellaepovera
08-10-2004, 22:50
Now did I put this in before[zzz]or what!! I agree totally!!

John Boy
08-10-2004, 23:50
[/quote]

My view exactly. I don't mind light-hearted political talk, but this discussion is getting too heated for comfort. Even though we all discuss off-topic subjects on these forums, politics is a topic too far off.
[/quote]

So why do you keep coming back to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Boy
08-10-2004, 23:54
Now did I put this in before[zzz]or what!! I agree totally!!
[/quote]

I put the same to you as I did Nostromo, Why do you keep coming back to it and in your case adding to the political debate[msneek]

John Boy
09-10-2004, 00:21
Can we have a 'too boring and political for this forum' filter please.

And before you start on me ... I have very strong political beliefs and have registered them on appropriate sites .. I come on this one to get away from all that and to look forward to happier things.

[/quote]

Its quite clearly a political poll and you obviously have the choice of where you point your mouse.

I really don't understand your anamosity to this, if you don't like the thread don't come in its really as simple as that.

Enjoy the rest of the site.

Ohh and just for your information at the time of this mail

This poll has been visited 546 times that ranks it 7th out of the 18 polls on the first page

and with 49 Votes counted it is ranked 8th out of 18

So it does have popularity from other members of this site

<span style="color:navy">DEMOCRACY FOR ALL</span id="navy">[grouphug]

09-10-2004, 02:03
WOW!! This has made very interesting reading!![clap][clap][clap][clap]

John Boy
09-10-2004, 22:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
WOW!! This has made very interesting reading!![clap][clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Thank you Lucy you have just proved the point I was making in my last insert[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
10-10-2004, 00:18
To heavy for me..............................................[msnembarrased]

KJH
10-10-2004, 01:51
The Poll asks "Who do You want to win?" NOt "Who do you want to win, and make sure you ram your opoinion down other peoples throat"

or perhaps I mis-understood it.[msnmad]

10-10-2004, 13:07
Ok the rules of the forum say no personal attacks (not that I'm the boss!!!). That does not include Kerry or Bush!

Time out people!!!![msnwink][msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
10-10-2004, 13:31
yeh its scaring me a bit................
never have liked politics, but i got into reading it, but its scares me............
[msnsad][V][V][V][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]

Nostromo
10-10-2004, 13:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
Ok the rules of the forum say no personal attacks (not that I'm the boss!!!). That does not include Kerry or Bush!
[/quote]

How do you know that one or both of them are not members of this forum???? :D:D

KJH
10-10-2004, 18:56
THEY HAVE GOT ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO JOIN SUCH AN UPMARKET, EDUCATED FORUM.[msnwink][grouphug]

kAZ

John Boy
11-10-2004, 00:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt
THEY HAVE GOT ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO JOIN SUCH AN UPMARKET, EDUCATED FORUM.[msnwink][grouphug]

kAZ
[/quote]

No way KAS people might have to to choose between them but neither one has common sence enougth to join this Upmarket, Educated Forum
because if they did neither would want to run for President of the US
[msncool]

KJH
11-10-2004, 00:04
How stupid of me,

THAT SHOULD HAVE READ,

THEY WOULD [}:)]NOT [}:)]HAVE ENOUGH COMMON SENSE TO JOIN THIS FOR

KJH
11-10-2004, 00:07
JOHN BOY WE MUST HAVING BEEN REPLYING AT THE SAME TIME,

THE LAST WORD SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORUM....I'M GETTING WORSE...MUST HAVE A DRINK.....I'M SURE THAT WILL HELP......WELL IT WON'T MAKE ME ANY WORSE AT FORGETTING TO WRITE THE CORRECT WORDS.

John Boy
11-10-2004, 00:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
yeh its scaring me a bit................
never have liked politics, but i got into reading it, but its scares me............
[msnsad][V][V][V][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared][msnscared]
[/quote]

Hi Girl how are you have not come across you for a while

Has your hubby seen that specialist yet?

I think it scares a lot of people, me included.

Regards
John Boy

John Boy
11-10-2004, 00:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt
JOHN BOY WE MUST HAVING BEEN REPLYING AT THE SAME TIME,

THE LAST WORD SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORUM....I'M GETTING WORSE...MUST HAVE A DRINK.....I'M SURE THAT WILL HELP......WELL IT WON'T MAKE ME ANY WORSE AT FORGETTING TO WRITE THE CORRECT WORDS.
[/quote]

Great minds think alike[msnsmile2]

Shame Bush and Kerry are not so well in tune[msncry]

chrizzy100
13-10-2004, 02:19
Kerry Joke.....to lighten the topic........

John Kerry meets with the Queen of England. He asks her, "Your Majesty,
how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can
give to me?"

"Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself
with intelligent people."

Kerry frowns. "But how do I know the people around me are really
intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to
answer an intelligence riddle." The Queen pushes a button on her
intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

Tony Blair walks into the room. "Yes, my Queen?" The Queen smiles.
"Answer me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It
is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says the Queen.

Kerry goes back home to ask John Edwards, his vice presidential choice
the same question.

"John. Answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child.
It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says John Edwards. "Let me get back to you on that
one." Edwards goes to his advisors and asks every one, but none can give
him an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin
Powell's shoes in the next stall. Edwards shouts, "Colin! Can you answer
this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your
brother or your sister. Who is it?" Colin Powell yells back, "That's easy.
It's me!"

Edwards smiles, and says, "Thanks!" Then, Edwards goes back to speak
with Kerry. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that
riddle. It's Colin Powell."

Kerry gets up, stomps over to John Edwards, and angrily yells into his
face, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"
[msnsmile2]

John Boy
13-10-2004, 02:27
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

I had that posted to me awhile back but it was Bush and Cheney
But just as funny this way round

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
Kerry Joke.....to lighten the topic........

John Kerry meets with the Queen of England. He asks her, "Your Majesty,
how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can
give to me?"

"Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself
with intelligent people."

Kerry frowns. "But how do I know the people around me are really
intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to
answer an intelligence riddle." The Queen pushes a button on her
intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"

Tony Blair walks into the room. "Yes, my Queen?" The Queen smiles.
"Answer me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It
is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says the Queen.

Kerry goes back home to ask John Edwards, his vice presidential choice
the same question.

"John. Answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child.
It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says John Edwards. "Let me get back to you on that
one." Edwards goes to his advisors and asks every one, but none can give
him an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin
Powell's shoes in the next stall. Edwards shouts, "Colin! Can you answer
this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your
brother or your sister. Who is it?" Colin Powell yells back, "That's easy.
It's me!"

Edwards smiles, and says, "Thanks!" Then, Edwards goes back to speak
with Kerry. "Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that
riddle. It's Colin Powell."

Kerry gets up, stomps over to John Edwards, and angrily yells into his
face, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"
[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

John Boy
13-10-2004, 22:08
This is getting close everyone, and it seems to be following the International Polls

John Boy
15-10-2004, 11:31
I watched the debate the other night and one thing that struck me was the really weird grin that Bush had on his face all the time
The way he stared at Kerry everytime he was speaking was eeiry, if that had been someone out in the street you would be really worried that it was some mad man stalking you. [B)]

Kerry got that debate by a mile. [drinkbeer]

bellaepovera
15-10-2004, 13:41
If looks could kill...:(

domster
15-10-2004, 18:52
He does this because he really has not got a clue about anything (unless he is well briefed up before hand).

He was always going to struggle on a head to head, so smiling was the best thing to make everyone think he knew what john kerry was talking about.

As you can tell I am not a great fan of Bush.

DOM

John Boy
15-10-2004, 20:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
He does this because he really has not got a clue about anything (unless he is well briefed up before hand).

He was always going to struggle on a head to head, so smiling was the best thing to make everyone think he knew what john kerry was talking about.

As you can tell I am not a great fan of Bush.

DOM
[/quote]

Join the club Dom its growing

bryj
22-10-2004, 03:47
Yes, well, surely the question is...are these two men the best America has to offer?

I really don't believe they can be.

What about Jerry Springer, or Oprah? They both talk more sense!

John Boy
06-11-2004, 16:27
WOW
Our pole was so close to the real thing we should be included in the exit poles.

I wish I could say the best man won but after being there for the two weeks preceding the election and watching all the running then coming home on the 3rd all I can say is that I don’t think that there was a best man between them.

Now I fear that our worst fears could come true starting with Faluja (I don’t think that is the right spelling)

Many Thanks to all of you who voted and commented especially PATTI [msnwink](Bellaepovera) who made this so interesting.

John Boy

bellaepovera
06-11-2004, 22:34
[clap] [angel]