PDA

View Full Version : Tree of Life - the facts

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 16:46
'The Tree of Life stands 145-feet tall in the heart of both literally and figuratively. Its has more than 100,000 leaves, sewn on to more than 8,000 branches that stretch out to a breadth of 160 feet across the sky. The trunk is 50 feet wide, with the roots spreading out to 170 feet at the base.'

Spotting all the animals is a great way to keep the kids occupied as queue for it's Tough to Be A Bug.

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 16:53
The Plants:

"More than 2.3 million plants call Disney's Animal Kingdom home, with more than 2,000 species of shrubs. Of the 40,000 trees in the park, 16,000 were grown in Florida at the Walt Disney World Tree farm. In addition to the home-grown plants, Disney visited 37 states and 20 countries to get other flora for its newest park. The first tree was planted in 1995."

blott
23-09-2002, 16:58
The animals represented on the Tree of Life are meant to be the whole known animal species collection in the world so it would probably take a very long time to spot them all and must have taken forever to make.

Blott

imported_n/a
23-09-2002, 17:05
Definitely a while I'd say! There are more than 1,000 animal of 300 different species of animals at AK alone so how many on the tree??? - it really is a tremendous sight.

athurstance
23-09-2002, 17:35
On a hot day when you're worn out it is lovely to sit in the shade and just try and spot all the animals. It's a good place to wait for other members of your party if they want that extra ride as its so central.

Angela

Ian Dee
27-10-2003, 02:08
A long time ago, when I was young!!!!!!!! I used Compuserve and their WDW forums had Disney employees who could give wonderful answers to all sorts of stuff. I expect a book will or has been written on the TREE.It never ceases to amaxe me and no matter where you are in AK it always seems to be looking at you[msnsmile2]

Amirah
18-11-2003, 03:54
I couldn't see a thing! Next time I'll take my glasses to help my daughter find some animals. But yes, it is a sight to see. We took many pictures of it and took many pictures with it. That tree is truly amazing.

Lyn
05-04-2004, 00:08
The tree itself is fabulous but we visited the first year it was open and the queue was hoorendous, when we got into the waiting area the air conditioning was not working, my daughter kept saying she didn't feel well, I just kept saying 'you're ok' she then fainted, needless to say she will not go anywhere near the place now.

Ray&Sarah
05-04-2004, 00:21
It certainly is an amazing sight. You get plenty of changes to view it as you seem to spend all your time going round and round it whilst in the park. There are so many animals to spot it keeps any youngsters well and truly busy.[msnsmile]

CarolAnn
09-10-2004, 14:12
The Tree Of Life is pretty good the first time you see it, such a lot of work and thought has obviously gone into the carvings on it too, and Yes! You do see it a fair bit of time while in AK [msnwink]Great for smaller kids!

Nostromo
09-10-2004, 17:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by n/a[br

Spotting all the animals is a great way to keep the kids occupied as queue for it's Tough to Be A Bug.

[/quote]

Spotting the animal carvings is fun for adults as well :). The Tree of Life is a great Centrepiece for Animal Kingdom and reading about the amount of work and skill that has gone into its creation is mind-boggling. We spent some time walking around Discovery Island, watching the carved animal figures on the tree as well as the real animals around. Such touches make AK a bit special.