PDA

View Full Version : Dual Nationality + Diversity Visa Lottery

RUSHBURY
22-09-2004, 21:56
Hi

Can anyone tell me if someone with dual nationality, British and Italian, born in UK, but the birth was also registered in Italy, are they eligible to apply for the Diversity Visa Lottery? From what I have read my understanding is yes - can anyone shed some more light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

bellaepovera
23-09-2004, 01:15
My sons were both born in Italy but due to me having been born and raised an American they were given duel citizenships. They have an American Passport and I have no reason for them to have both. I really dont know if you can do that being an American but what I would do is call both embassys and ask about this information to make sure.

esprit
23-09-2004, 05:50
It is the country of birth that is relevant not nationality or citizenship. Thus someone who is English can enter if they were born in another country such as eg Germany or Cyprus with the forces. I think a prominent member off here did that though we never heard the outcome???? If the birth was registered in Italy because one parent was born Italian however that will work as it must be either the apllicant or a his/her parent that was born in the relevant country.

bellaepovera
23-09-2004, 12:49
When I got married in 83, Italy had this law that you automatically receive citizenship. You now have to be married 3 years and then apply for it. My husband is always telling me to get a Italian passport(now why would i want to do that!!). I am not sure but when the USA gave my sons citizenship I always thought you can only have one passport. I could not imagine the USA allowing someone to have both.