PDA

View Full Version : Trip report Part 1 (sorry for the delay)

hillgj1
22-09-2004, 16:07
Holiday Party 4 Adults 1 Child (15) 1 Infant (22 months)

Arrived at the Hilton on Gatwick airport Sunday 22 August really
starting to get the butterflies in my stomach now. Used twilight check in and as usual the Hilton was great and hassle free had a nice meal in the airport an Italian restaurant (can't remember the name of it)

Mon 23rd August

Up bright and breezy ready for the big day slight concerns about the flight as we have a 22 month old baby boy! Delayed for 45 mins and left at around midday on the VS027. Flight was uneventful and for the most part we had no problems with the boy. Arrived at approx 4.00pm so I think we made up most of the lost time. Immigration were their usual cheery self’s but we had no problems. **TIP if any one doesn’t do this it is advisable to collect your car from the hire desks before you wait to recollect your luggage.** left the airport by 5.30 and was at the villa in Lindfields an hour later. The other Alpha male on our trip and I went to Hunt for provisions (Publix 192) and returned to feast on frozen pizza and concentrate on staying awake until at least 10.00 pm local time.

Tue August 24

A day spent mostly relaxing. Mixed in with a little bit of shopping and a nice meal out in the evening at Wild Jacks on international drive. (Near Sand lake blvd) We found this place on our first day the first time we were in Florida and I think it is becoming something of a ritual to visit on the first day.

Weds August 25th

Well a day at Holly Land this was to appease a member of our party. I can’t really say too much about it. Apart from perhaps it’s not the best thing to see or do in Orlando.
Shopping in the eve and then 1 of the hire cars we had from Dollar broke down thankfully it was on the drive way of the villa but it ruined our plans for the evening
We had to settle for a Dominos Pizza. (Dollar were very prompt and came out at 1.00am to replace the car but as we were to find out at the end of the holiday that was not the last we had heard of it)

Thurs August 26th

First visit to Sea world today and it was Amazing far exceeded my expectations and is a thoroughly wonderful park. Got an additional day for free as well so was defiantly on our list of things to go back to possibly to see the Mystify show as we left the park early (5.00pm) Had a nice meal at race rock and then back home for some well deserved rest.

Friday august 27th

Again another first today we went to the Kennedy Space Centre. Wow another great day and another great attraction bought the maximum access ticket and as we did not get to see the Astronaut hall of fame managed to get the tickets verified for a return within 7 days. Rumours of an Unmanned Delta II launch led us to Cocoa beach (by the Pier) and we stayed for the duration of the launch window but unfortunately it did not go up. Still another good day under the belts we returned to the villa for a homemade Spaghetti Bolognaise

Part 2 to follow.

Ray&Sarah
22-09-2004, 19:59
Great report, keep them coming, we love Seaworld too.[msnsmile2]

lisi
23-09-2004, 22:44
Now you have whetted my appetite and can't wait for part 2. Loved Seaworld too - the helicopter ride over the ice caps had me ducking and diving though - felt as if I was really there.

Lisi