PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Boardwalk

blott
23-09-2002, 16:09
The elegance of an Atlantic coast 1940s town combined with great shopping, entertainment and a host of restaurants for a great night out.

There's free parking or valet parking is available for a charge. Entrance fees are charged for Atlantic Dance (with Latin rhythms), Jellyrolls (with dualling pianos) and some special events.

Restaurants include ESPN Club (sports orientated with live TV action from the station of the same name), Flying Fish Cafe (all types of freshly cooked fish), Spoodles (Mediterannean style), Big River Grille and Brewery Works (outdoor dining with award winning hand crafted ales).

Blott

Edited by - blott on 23/09/2002 12:23:50

bellaepovera
24-09-2002, 02:30
Also you can rent out bikes for 4 or more people and take a spin around the whole boardwalk. Also seen at 9pm: fireworks from Epcot.
A boat ride to MgM Studios is alot of fun or just take a boat ride back and forth and sit down and relax. Inside the boat is airconditioned. Also serving outside Spoodles: sliced pizzas. They even have little table outside so you can eat outside. If you have passes to Epcot you can also go in from Boardwalk thru the back entrance and end up in the countries.

patti pacienza

SunLover
13-04-2003, 04:11
If you dine at the ESPN cafe, ask your server to make sure your food is piping hot. I've eaten there several times, and unless you ask, it always seems to come to the table tepid. Having said that, the atmosphere is great and the food is tasty.

Matt
13-04-2003, 19:20
The last few times I've been to Disney's Boardwalk, there have been weddings going on in the little wedding pavillion (or arbour...whatever!!)

Its great to see the happy couples grinning from ear to ear, with the other two pairs of famous ears in attendance:D:D

Go take a look, its just up past ESPN, you never know, you may get lucky and see them their.

Matt

CarolAnn
04-09-2004, 14:59
The Broadwalk just gives you another thing to do, as if you need it!!! When in the Orlando area:D We have stayed there and love it!! Halloween is a great time to be there too :D

Nostromo
05-09-2004, 13:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
The elegance of an Atlantic coast 1940s town combined with great shopping, entertainment and a host of restaurants for a great night out.

There's free parking or valet parking is available for a charge. Entrance fees are charged for Atlantic Dance (with Latin rhythms), Jellyrolls (with dualling pianos) and some special events.

Blott

Edited by - blott on 23/09/2002 12:23:50
[/quote]

Do they still have the Atlantic Dance and the Jellyrolls? We wanted to check it out on the visit the Spring just gone, but did not get the time to do so.

Jo
06-09-2004, 03:45
They were there last week - so hopefully it still are!

Jo

chris jones
24-05-2006, 15:09
We have just got back from Orlando and thanks to the information on this posting went to the Boardwalk in fact we visited almost every day!!

The Boardwalk bakery does a really good Breakfast Burrito and nice coffee plus a great selection of pastries be aware though it can get very busy so there may be a queue. Spoodles also open for breakfast and the fruit platter is fantastic huge chunks of fresh melon (3 types) fresh pineapple and a huge bunch of grapes.

Just to chill out on the red chairs at the lake front and people watch is a great way to spend a few hours.

CarolAnn
24-05-2006, 15:54
Quite agree Chris[8D] My family and I simply adore the Broadwalk area, early morning and evening time are especially nice. Just strolling around, eating at one of the many restaurants there or sitting and watching the world go by is a favourite past time for us! Glad you had a nice time[8D]

Team Thomson
01-08-2007, 23:59
We're getting married in the Boardwalk area.

canarypam
02-08-2007, 00:44
Had a night out at Jelly Rolls in May it was really good fun![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

mizzy
02-08-2007, 01:40
what's jelly rolls Pam, is it a restaurant and can you tell us more?

canarypam
02-08-2007, 10:58
No Marie it's a duelling pianos bar (Adults only). People request a song (for money) and they play it basically, but it was very lively and great fun.

Genie
02-08-2007, 11:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Team Thomson
We're getting married in the Boardwalk area.
[/quote]

Good luck with the wedding , I'm sure you will have a fantastic time ![clap]

gkjones
29-11-2007, 19:01
Where abouts is the Boardwalk? I have heard a lot about it, will be in Orlando for Xmas and New Year, so would like to know how to get there!

brizzle
29-11-2007, 21:09
Ooo, tricky one. Disney roads tend to merge into one after a while.

It's near MGM/EPCOT and if you head for the Swan hotel or Fantasia mini golf then you won't be far off, in fact one end of the Boardwalk continues to the Swan/Fantasia golf.

It is sign posted so you shouldn't have too many problems once you get near.

Parking wise we've almost always been allowed in the parking lot attached to it but for one visit last time they sent us across the road to another parking lot, a little further to walk but still good enough. Might be worth saying you have reservations for one of the eateries.

dunkderby
29-11-2007, 23:09
We always go to the Boardwalk from Epcot, in the Worldshow case after France and before you get to England there is a walkway out of the park I think it's called international gateway, it's only about a 5 minutes walk. There is a disney ticket booth that you have to exit (so you need a disney ticket that let's you in and out of different parks). It's a lovely place to relax away from the theme parks.

Colleen

andy_d
30-11-2007, 04:07
Its a strange entrance. We went in last month and were stopped at the gate,and were asked why we were going in. We said just for a look around and after showing id we were allowed to drive in.

DLB-GOUROCK
20-03-2008, 00:52
Is the Boardwalk similar to Downtown Disney ?

Can you drive up, park and stroll around and take a look or is there an entrance gate that you need a ticket?

I fancy going to Jellyrolls for an evening.

David

Mrs Brizzle
20-03-2008, 01:38
No charge for The Boardwalk and you can normally park right next to it, although we have been directed just across the road to park once. There is a guard on the gate but just say yuo are eating and they should let you in.

We did it last night and parked in Fantasia Mini Golf, played a round, then wandered across from there through the Swan/Dolphin grounds...won't say too much or Mrs B will hit me for infringing on her trip report :D

timofleeds
17-03-2009, 22:40
Hi Can anybody tell me if you can get a pass-out to boardwalk from Epcot and then get back into Epcot after dining? This is with a one day ticket.

Regards Tim

cherylzw
17-03-2009, 23:48
Hi Tim

Yes, you can exit Epcot, at the International Gateway, which is between England and France, in the World Showcase.

Once you walk up the path, by the boat launch, go left to Boardwalk and straight takes you to Beach Club.

Just go back in the same way. [msnsmile]