PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot!

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 15:55
I hate this place-but I bet it is the one outlet we use the most! Agreed?
I've included it though because if you use the one on the OBT-hubby can leave you in Super Target while he goes and does the boring stuff!
As they are almost opposite one another when you come off the 417.
If you stay on the same side as Home Depot-there are some food outlets-including a chic-fila a Dollar shop and an Albertsons!

Orlandobabe

Theresa
14-02-2002, 21:56
Can any one confirm this. I heard that there is possibly a Home Depot being built on H27. This is a good idea considering all the new houses being built on H27. Our nearest branches are around 25 - 30 mins around, and if you are like me I always forget to buy something while I am there.

Thanks

steph_goodrum
15-02-2002, 02:28
We usually use Lowes near the Florida Mall, there's a Walmart nearby and on OBT a bookshop and Linens and Things and Burlington Coat Factory (which has a very good baby dept. for travel cots etc) and also bedding. Means we can often kill a few birds with one stone. I don't suppose that's politically correct these days, is it?

steph

orlandobabe
15-02-2002, 14:38
Hope they do build one on the 27-preferably next door to Wal-Mart!

What amazes me is how hubby can spend so long in there-like 2 hours! I just want to get in and get out-as quickly as possible!

We had a lovely DIY store near to where we live. It was a proper woman's shop. Men could go and do the boring stuff and look at wood and nails-while we could examine furniture, curtains, ornaments, clothes, toiletries, plants in the garden centre etc -it was all done out in room settings. There was a coffee shop, kids play area- I didn't mind going one little bit-then the owner sold out to B&Q and what we've got now is just an ugly boring shack full of planks, cisterns and pipes! Yuck!

Orlandobabe

fiona
21-02-2002, 14:13
Has anyone tried the new HD at Holyland?

Next door is Expo - up-market HD with loads of fabulous furniture. Also a Linens'n'things.

Somehow we whiled away 3 - 4 hours wandering round the lot and filled the back of the car with chinese privet from HD to replace the hibiscus which had all succumbed to the frost after the new year.

We were actually looking for borders and paint. Decided the choice was so poor of borders I'm going to buy over here and take some out. Couldn't find anything that was too fussy or just plain dark and dull and uninteresting.

No problems with the paint, so guess what we'll be doing in the summer - and I think it's called a holiday!!

Fiona

davefloridavilla
24-02-2002, 02:04
Your hubby only spends 2 hours in home depot!

You don't know your born, I could spend all day in that place, its amazing. Even if i've only got 1 item to pick, I can't resist looking at every thing in every isle, envious at the tools the Americans have etc.

Being located on the 27, its frustrating that is so far to go, to get to it otherwise I could visit it more regularly that every other day!!

carole7007
24-02-2002, 03:26
As new owners we only found a need to go to Home Depot just before Christmas this year, biggest mistake !!!

Keith and my Dad were in HEAVEN could not get them out of there.

The children were bored, lost Grandad, lost Keith we went and sat in the car with the AC and Radio on.

Grandad came out with six hooks for his trailer back home, 31/2 hours later and thats all he bought.

Keith did buy a few more bits and pieces, but still not to warrant being in there all that time.

I will look out for Target next time and get him to drop me off.

Thanks for the Tip.

Carole & Keith

porky
24-02-2002, 16:53
I've only just read this thread but there is a home depot on the 27. It's in Lake Wales on the right hand side just before the Eagle Ridge Mall. We spend almost everyday going there for one thing or another last April and then discovered that there's an Ace Hardware store in Haines City near the ABC liqueor shop that sells a lot of the smaller items we needed.

So now the plan of attack is
Try Walmart.
Go to Ace
Onto Home Depot if all else fails.
It works really well.

Jacqui

davefloridavilla
24-02-2002, 17:04
I like your thinking,

Walmart for a couple of hours, then Ace Hardware for a couple and finally Home Depot.

What about adding Lowes on the end too, we could make it into an 8 hour day then, after-all they're all open til late!

;)
Dave

I mean come on, the stores expect it!
Why do you think Walmart now have McDonnalds in them, its because after several hours of shopping, you gonna have to eat! and they don't want you tucking into any grocerys you might have not paid for yet!!

Theresa
25-02-2002, 04:10
Fiona,

I bought a border over here, one of the self stick ones, the only trouble it doesn't like sticking to the uneven surface and paint on the walls in the villa. I had to buy some glue and tape down the edges until it dried. So best to take some border glue with you.

n/a
19-03-2002, 05:13
Ref you girls getting bored when us lads go into Home Depot, now you know what it's like when you drag us into Marks & Spencers !

blott
19-03-2002, 15:26
There's a Home Depot on Highway 192 - it's hidden away at the back though so you may have missed it! Not very good with directions but here goes...

It's between Poinciana Blvd and the Kissimmee town archway but on the other side of the road and is somewhere in the vicinity of Osceola Square Mall. Better keep your eyes peeled for the orange name sign though as it doesn't front onto Highway 192.

I just wish I could remember what it was behind - I'll let you know after our next visit!

Blott

steph_goodrum
19-03-2002, 17:06
Best way Blott is to make a note of the markers it's between on 192, I think they're great for guiding people, especially me, along the 192.

Babblin Boo

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-03-2002, 19:01
Hi Blott

The Home Depot you are talking about is on the north side of the 192 between Dyer Blvd and Thacker Ave and is behind a Fazoli's Pizza restaurant (green and red sign and the cheapest, nicest pizza we have found).

As you travel east, on the left you will see a Waldenbooks, then a big Target store (bid red target sign) then the Home Depot (orange sign).

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

blott
19-03-2002, 22:31
Steph_goodrum

Good idea, but we don't have markers at 'our' end of the 192 (well, we didn't when I last looked in December) and, as John has described, we have to rely on road names!

John

Thanks for that, I remembered a book store (actually, it's one of my husband's favourite haunts for 'cheapie' books!) but couldn't recall the name!

Blott

steph_goodrum
19-03-2002, 23:08
Hi Blott
Someone told me they'd finished putting all the markers in place now, be good when they actually get the public transport going along there, we were reading on one of the beautification leaflets about the different standards of bus shelter depending on whether it was a "tourist stop", "locals" and I think there was a 3rd category but can't remember what that is, they're all colour coded.
Have you tried this website http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/map/ (click on map index)
brilliant maps of the 192 but don't know how often it will be updated with changes of shops etc. but useful reference nonetheless.
Just been reading the beautivacation section and they claim to have finished the 192 now. I can't understand how these markers claim to be "approx a mile apart" some of them seem to have a much greater distance than others on the map.

Babblin Boo

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 19/03/2002 19:12:11

blott
20-03-2002, 22:40
Steph_goodrum

You can bet your life that the guide marker posts don't go past 15 which is just before Hoagland but we're getting pretty good at road names! One day I might even remember which order they go in! :) The guide markers are probably spaced in Florida miles!

I think the road works (beautification??) were finished when we were there in December (after how many years? 5 ???) but we'll probably now all get lost as we won't recognise it all without the traffic cones!

Re bus stops - does that mean if you're a local you have to wait somewhere else than a tourist stop? Perhaps the luxury of the bus stops is relevant according to your 'grading'? Who on earth are the poor souls relegated to not local or tourist?

Blott

orlandobabe
20-03-2002, 22:42
markers 1, 2 and 3 are missing at my end of the 192 and at Kissimmee they stop at 15. The Home Depot is way beyond that-but wouldn't it be a help if they continued to mark it out all the way into St Cloud.

I think that they also don't stick to one mile per marker either-again confusing.

That's why Florida is known as the state of confusion!

Orlandobabe

steph_goodrum
21-03-2002, 01:11
I think the idea of the different bus stops is to do with the frequency and direction of the buses, we picked up some bus timetables but there wasn't much of a service on offer but that was a couple of years ago. It would be handy for us if Mick only has to drive us up to 192 and we could get public transport from there, at least on I drive there is the trolleybus, then that would leave Mick more time for working on the villa! Good job he doesn't come near the computer.

Babblin Boo