PDA

View Full Version : Tarzan Rocks

blott
23-09-2002, 15:40
Live stage show with great stunts and music from the film. Cast of Tarzan, Jane, Terk, jungle gymnasts and rock 'n' roll animals!

Blott

Ruth
23-09-2002, 15:46
I really enjoyed this but my husband didn't. When we saw it the music was too loud for us, I hope they have decreased the volume since then as I would like to see it again:)

Ruth

blott
23-09-2002, 15:52
Not that I know of Ruth! They even have audio aids for the hard of hearing.

Blott

janny
23-09-2002, 19:34
I enjoyed this one too but my husband didn't because the guy who sat is down said he ws in the most likely seat to get chosen to do something.He wanted desperately to move but I said no.He needn't have worried but his face was a picture!

esprit
23-09-2002, 20:08
I much preferred the Jungle Book show that was in this theatre previously. I guess this one is more trendy and the film is more recent but the Jungle Book show was cute and ittle kids would have loved it.

Julie Carty

chris
24-09-2002, 14:02
This show was brilliant when we first saw it but when we went back in January they had changed it and did none of the roller skating stunts or skate round the audience. I don't know if they have 2 casts or the stunt people were ill. It was still good fun though, if we'd not seen it before we'd have thought it was great.

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-01-2003, 14:45
I have to say that we saw the show about 3 year ago and re-named it "Tarzan Sucks" it was too loud and not very entertaining - just our opinion and it could have changed.

I seem to recall the pre-show was better!

Sarah

mikewj
20-01-2003, 23:32
We were at the Tarzan show in November and there wasn't a pre-show.

Whatever happened to the comedy acts that used to entertain us before the shows ? They all seem to have disappeared apart from at Beauty and the Beast in MGM !

Other than that, the Tarzan show is more of a rock concert than a show, with some dancers....erm....dancing to the songs from the film. Its entertaining, but isnt what we expected the first time we saw it.

esprit
20-01-2003, 23:49
Disney sacked a lot of "non essential" cast members in economy measures after 9/11, They took some back on recently but I think the pre-shows have suffered. Beauty and the Beast only recently re-commmced daily performances. Up till then, there was a period when it was only on on certain days of the week. It only recommenced daily performances in a partial re-deployment of performers after the Hunchback of Notre Dame shut up shop.. Tarzan Rocks carries on regardless but its pre-show has seemingly gone. By the sounds of it, they should have got rid of the show and kept the pre-show!!!

netmum
27-04-2003, 02:50
We saw this last week and walked out after 10 minutes - it was to painful to sit through any more with a 6 and 3 year old. Next trip it will definitely be last on my list!

Rebecca

Ruth
27-04-2003, 03:25
I managed to get everyone to see this again a couple of weeks ago, the roller skating and stunts were back. I enjoyed it but it is still more of a concert than a show and the children did seem to get a little bored.