PDA

View Full Version : Universal hotels when and who to book with????????

poet123
19-09-2004, 20:05
We want to do 2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort next July before we go to our villa. So should we book now or wait? should we book dirext or through an agent? Any advice welcome.

blott
19-09-2004, 22:12
I would imagine that, like booking a villa, if you go direct to the hotel you'll get a better price? I don't know if that works with hotels as I haven't booked one for ages.

If you're going anywhere around 04 July, then I'd say get yourself booked in now. Like most things in life, if you want something specific then it's best to get in first to make sure that your choice is available. If you're not particularly fussed, then leave it until later and take the chance that they don't have what you want available.

CERICROWLEY
20-09-2004, 01:05
We booked a three night stay for new year the Hard rock hotel, We checked lots of different sites. Opodo, expedia, continental,hotels.com and virgin as well as direct, We did get a cheaper deal with expedia. just shop around a bit

Ceri

NickClark
20-09-2004, 18:37
We booked 3 nights at Universals Portafino Bay, 26th,27th and 28th Dec 2002 direct with hotel 3 months in advance and paid aprox $300 per night. After our stay we went down to the keys but liked it so much at the Portafino we decided to go back for the last 3 nights of our stay in Florida. I phoned 1 hour before arriving and was quoted $89 per night for the same type of room we first stayed in. They were good to their word and charged us the quoted price. We have found this alot in US in general that if you book last minute you get great deals. Of course the down side is you can't be sure of availability. If you really must be at a certain hotel on a certain date I would say definately book well in advance to avoid dissapointment.

poet123
21-09-2004, 03:00
Our dates are just after 4th july so I am thinking we may be wise to book early. Have been told on another forum that if you book early you can still change your booking and take advantage of discounts if they become available. Seems to good to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!

poet123
29-09-2004, 20:20
I have just booked 2 nights at RPR for July decided to book direct with the hotel so I could (A) get a good price and (B) be specific about the location of the room ie not in the animal block (where they allow dogs etc).
Booked a room for 5 inc breakfast for $269 per night and they confirmed that if I call regularly and the room rate has come down as is likely I can rebook this room as many times as required to take advantage of the reductions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also managed to book a suite at the wyndham palace for $179 when all the tour operators said we needed to book 2 rooms even though the suites were on the internet sleeping 5 inc breakfas.
So it does pay to go direct!!!!!!!!